Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Sad news from the Gio appreciation thread, Lady Lavender passed away. I know we liked to take the piss out of her Gio obsession, 'affectionate ribbing' as you call it Filly, but she has been a fixture on the DS Strictly forum for as long as I can remember, and it will be odd her not being there commenting on the next series 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

posy

VIP Member
I think the reason I like Craig is he doesn’t have favourites and tends to treat everyone the same. I don’t always agree with his opinion but he is consistent, majority of the time.

Reactions: 23

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Quickly watched the This Morning segment they were asked about Gio and whether they will change their approach to the celebs, Vito just started talking about the positives of Strictly, Dianne explained how she teaches each celeb differently. I think they were going to question Vito about his relationship with Ellie but then didn’t. Interestingly the pros are told around Feb time if they will be back. Oh and Red Hot and Ready will be more than just dancing. Dianne mentioned acting, Vito mentioned singing and instruments. Why can’t it just be dancing.
Oh yuck. Pretty sure people haven't rocked up to see Dianne doing Hamlet's soliloquy or Vito bashing out Three Blind Mice on the recorder.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

kachoochoo

VIP Member
this is lovely

robin was such a great dude and his friendship with lisa was so sweet

it's always so sad that we don't always appreciate someone till they're gone

• Heart
Reactions: 19

posy

VIP Member
Kind of spooky she died around the time Gio’s strictly career came to end. I think she was kind to other Gio fans and would meet them at the theatre if there were nervous about going to a show in their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

soccergirl

VIP Member
He has definitely been easing his way out of the glass closet recently. His story last week where he was reworking his clothes he put on a shirt and said 'too "straight guy"'.

Good for him if he feels ready to come out on his own terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

shugabug23

Chatty Member
I am so sick of all this FR business!!! 🤢🤬

Start naming celebs for shit sake and bring back the glitter, sparkles, happiness and joy 🪩 💃🏻 🕺🏻 ✨

• Heart

soccergirl

VIP Member
The Beryls are out of control. Someone needs to start a group that doesn't accept nutters

Amy did her first dance performance yesterday in over a year. Unfortunately she had to leave the stage ill for a while, before returning. It increases my thought that she won't get a partner this year, or at the very most a Les Dennis type that she can do two gentle dances with

• Sad

soccergirl

VIP Member
Gavin, manager of the Pinner East branch of Pure Gym having a fag break. Oh sorry, it's dashing Latin Lover Govinni, according to the Daily Fail.

1718560649214.png

Last edited:
  • Haha

gdw1910

Katya, in particular, might as well be invisible when it comes to Shirley. She almost always refers to the other pros by name, and says how great they are doing, especially the men.
Shirley never gives Katya credit for her choreography or teaching (or any of the female pros tbh) but then goes mad for Gio, Johannes, Vito, Kai and Carlos’ choreo. She only half likes the female pros when they’re partnered with someone she fancies, and her compliments are just how amazing the male celeb is and how lucky the female pro is to dance with someone like him. She’s ridiculous

Boogs

VIP Member
How about we replace Shirley with Katya on the panel?
I would love that in the future. Katya would be very constructive and deliver things in such a positive way. I hope she still has many years left as a pro though.
---
Poor Robin 😔

Last edited:
  • Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
Apparently Michael Mosley was approached to take part in this years series 😢

• Sad
  • Wow

LaBlonde

VIP Member
The Beryls are out of control. Someone needs to start a group that doesn't accept nutters

Amy did her first dance performance yesterday in over a year. Unfortunately she had to leave the stage ill for a while, before returning. It increases my thought that she won't get a partner this year, or at the very most a Les Dennis type that she can do two gentle dances with
oh poor amy :(

i did wonder if this year is just a little too soon for her in terms of having a partner - chemo/radiotherapy takes so much out of you, and that’s not even taking her crohn’s into account. even with a duffer the long training days might just be too much. i hope we see her back in some capacity though.

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Darcey & Shirley don't follow each other on social media either (she still follows Craig & Bruno though), so wonder if she was another who found Shirley difficult to work with.
God I miss Darcey so much! She was just the epitome of class! And every so often when she took to the dancefloor for a special routine, even though she was ballet trained, she did some stunning dances with pros.

Reactions: 15

soccergirl

VIP Member
Vito has announced his Masterchef gig. Don’t know when it’ll be on.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15