Strictly Come Dancing 2024 #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no is Dianne back again this year?
Yep, no amount of embarrassment or bad luck is enough to make her see sense.
I thought the dangerous choreography and mystery blocked lines with dev would be enough for her to stop but no she carried on
Had to withdraw with Robert and then the week 4 curse what will it take for her to call it quits.
He worst the others have had is celebs with two left feet.

Reactions: 4
I thought the dangerous choreography and mystery blocked lines with dev would be enough for her to stop but no she carried on
Had to withdraw with Robert and then the week 4 curse what will it take for her to call it quits.
We're never getting rid of her 😩 Still, it's a guaranteed toilet break when she's on, so there's that.

Reactions: 7
W
Whats mystery blocked lines

Reactions: 2
Dianne's choreo is not really my cup of tea, but I think most people would see her stint with Bobby as a big success (I agree that someone else might have done more interesting dances with him, but they had a good relationship, and she seemed able to rein him in, apart from she went absolutely HAM in the FB groups in finals week)

Official BBC insta post only went up a few minutes ago and already the 'I'm not watching' brigade are swarming the comments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
W

Whats mystery blocked lines
Something went wrong with their phone lines apparently during voting noone could get through.
I didn't vote back then and only do if it's deserved but that was the week they were eliminated and dianne had a meltdown crying and shaking.
They were also stitched up with the worst costume, dance and set clashing and awful music although that's the usual.
Strange coincidence.

Reactions: 1
Something went wrong with their phone lines apparently during voting noone could get through.
I didn't vote back then and only do if it's deserved but that was the week they were eliminated and dianne had a meltdown crying and shaking.
They were also stitched up with the worst costume, dance and set clashing and awful music although that's the usual.
Strange coincidence.
Oh ok, I thought blocked lines was some weird dance move.

• Haha
With her Strictly record of 0 wins from 7 years and only 2 finals there is much to improve (someone must have a list of worst Strictly records of all time for zero wins from the most shows).
Anton - 0 wins, 18 years, 2 finals
Karen - 0 wins, 12 (soon to be 13) years, 2 finals (barely did it both times)

Dianne has a long way to go before that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Will they get a new male pro or just have less contestants? So start a bit later in Sept.
There's likely to be 8 female celebs and 7 male celebs this year, but I think they'll have a female/female couple this year so likely to be 8 female pros and 7 male pros needed, which would likely mean same pros getting partners as last year plus Nadiya/Michelle. If they have a male/male couple as well I guess Neil would get a partner (please no!)

Reactions: 4
I reckon they’ll get a male pro in - they announced the 2021/22 sets of newbies in July.

Hoping for a new set and graphics this year - if you don’t change the talent, at least change the look.

I reckon they’ll get a male pro in - they announced the 2021/22 sets of newbies in July.

Hoping for a new set and graphics this year - if you don’t change the talent, at least change the look.
Yeah thats true, they do tend to announce the new ones later, but given that this announcement was so late I thought they'd have announced them with this announcement?

Surely if a lot of people wont be watching because Gio is not going to be on the show anymore then wouldn't that mean the ratings dipped when he was eliminated early with Richie or with Amanda last year? :unsure:

Reactions: 8
Soooo happy Johannes is back, I was worried he wouldn’t be. I do think this will be his last year, god please give him a contender and get him to the final, would just love to see him lift the glitterball

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just made the mistake of visiting Juliet's spoiler page on Facebook, some people are in melt down and outraged that Amanda has got her own way. They have rounded on some poor woman who has said that we don't know what happened but FR appears to have poor social skills. They're deluded and there is also zero chance of them actually not watching, a bit like the ones on there who said they wouldn't watch because Leyton was in the final (and then needed to say that they weren't racist or homophobic although they didn't think it right that men danced together.............)

Reactions: 7
Is it only Jowita, Luba, Nancy and Vito that haven’t yet done I’m back post?
I don't think Nikita has yet? Vito hasn't done his own post but he has commented on other peoples. Luba's last insta story was her on a plane so I'm guessing that's why she hasn't posted anything. Still nothing from Nancy and Jowita but haven't seen them comment on anyone elses yet either.

Also Shirley's said the new series will be out around Sep 6th. That seems a bit early so I'm guessing thats the day they're filming the launch show?

Reactions: 5
Soooo happy Johannes is back, I was worried he wouldn’t be. I do think this will be his last year, god please give him a contender and get him to the final, would just love to see him lift the glitterball
Was surprised too, through he wouldn't have time

I don't think Nikita has yet? Vito hasn't done his own post but he has commented on other peoples. Luba's last insta story was her on a plane so I'm guessing that's why she hasn't posted anything. Still nothing from Nancy and Jowita but haven't seen them comment on anyone elses yet either.

Also Shirley's said the new series will be out around Sep 6th. That seems a bit early so I'm guessing thats the day they're filming the launch show?

Just saw Nikita has posted his return.......
Screenshot_20240610_162249_Facebook.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.