Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If I was on Strictly, the only headlines I would be making would be throwing a fuckin' fit at my costumes every week! I'd go full on Joan Crawford! Ripping up gowns and pushing over clothes rails!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Did anyone watch the DWTS premiere this week? (Managed to vpn my way around Disney as I wanted to see Ariana haha!)
My goodness though, we think TessBot is bad?! Julianne Hough makes Tess look like Oprah. She is sooooo wooden jaysus. And Alfonso…. Christ on a bike he’s like something wound up and left to spin for the whole show.
Also, Bruno was wearing white and has never looked more like a varnished side table! 😮

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If I was on Strictly, the only headlines I would be making would be me throwing a fuckin' fit at my costumes every week! I'd go full on Joan Crawford! Ripping up gowns and pushing over clothes rails!

View attachment 2480320
Probably how Ellie T felt a lot of the time last year.

She got some shockers to wear that she managed to carry off somehow mostly because she is tall and elegant.

Reactions: 12
So was Vicki Giggles challenged to design and make the ugliest dress ever. What was she thinking…. Poor Lauren - Denim dungarees/ ballroom dress. I watched in disbelief

• Haha
  • Wow
I had a dream last night I was giving Gorka hair extensions so it could be cut in to a nice wee whiff a la Gorka and Alexandra…

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Did anyone watch the DWTS premiere this week? (Managed to vpn my way around Disney as I wanted to see Ariana haha!)
My goodness though, we think TessBot is bad?! Julianne Hough makes Tess look like Oprah. She is sooooo wooden jaysus. And Alfonso…. Christ on a bike he’s like something wound up and left to spin for the whole show.
Also, Bruno was wearing white and has never looked more like a varnished side table! 😮
Saw the show live, thought Alfonso & Julianne did a good job overall but then again, the bar was very, very low after Tyrant Banks. All 3 judges seemed to be compensating for Len's absence and acting harsh with comments/scores.

It wasn't the most high ability cast, quite a lot of outright bad dances actually. There were 4, maybe 5 good ones. Think Jason Mraz will win, he can dance, is well known and has Daniella (DWTS version of Katya) as his partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

A little different to the Dailymail article yesterday.
So the Daily Fail decided to omit a photo because it didn't fit their narrative.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To our DWTS USA watchers; what are the ratings for this show like? I think it moved networks?? Did the rating have anything to do with that? Just curious.

Reactions: 3
I had a dream last night I was giving Gorka hair extensions so it could be cut in to a nice wee whiff a la Gorka and Alexandra…
I meant Quiff…not whiff…
---
I like Nikita too, the footage of her Charleston didn't look as bad as I expected but we'll see...
Where did you see this??
---
He really does look so much better with hair, perhaps your dream will manifest it?
I really hope so!!

Last edited:
Omg Les teaching Nancy a Windsor Davies impression! all of them seem to be getting on..

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Saw the show live, thought Alfonso & Julianne did a good job overall but then again, the bar was very, very low after Tyrant Banks. All 3 judges seemed to be compensating for Len's absence and acting harsh with comments/scores.

It wasn't the most high ability cast, quite a lot of outright bad dances actually. There were 4, maybe 5 good ones. Think Jason Mraz will win, he can dance, is well known and has Daniella (DWTS version of Katya) as his partner.
I have Disney plus and cant see where to find DWTS. My daughter thinks its because we are in the UK 🤷‍♀️ Where can I watch it back?

I have Disney plus and cant see where to find DWTS. My daughter thinks its because we are in the UK 🤷‍♀️ Where can I watch it back?
I wish they let us watch it properly seeing as it airs on Disney there. I think you need a VPN to watch… i’m crap with technology so I just watch the dances on youtube 😭

Reactions: 1
Hope no minds me saying this here i can't seem to link it but ive created a rave thread for Nigel Harman if anyone here needs a place to appreciate and gush over him (😜) it's now there in the rave abouts .

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hope no minds me saying this here i can't seem to link it but ive created a rave thread for Nigel Harman if anyone here needs a place to appreciate and gush over him (😜) it's now there in the rave abouts .
I'm not sure I can use Tattle for rave threads -it would feel wrong. But I'm very much enjoying Nigel & Katya ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Another Nigel fan here im happy to join :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I wish they let us watch it properly seeing as it airs on Disney there. I think you need a VPN to watch… i’m crap with technology so I just watch the dances on youtube 😭
Same here, on both counts. I don’t know why it’s not available on UK Disney+. Surely they could just edit out the voting phone numbers if that the issue?

So far I’ve only watched Alyson Hannigan’s dance - my early suggestion that she’d have the moves of a lamppost were highly optimistic! 🫤

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Gosh, (nearly) everyone's footage looks good, and Les could be a So Bad It's Good!

The Tina Turner pro dance is gonna be... something.

I thought Fleur handled the Friday panel pretty well, though I still miss Rylan.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.