Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He didn't choose to be benched that year. Though he probably is missing home life and with Nikita clearly not going to get him his trophy, he might feel a little checked out.
Oh 😳 I thought he did. I’m sure Gemma said on one of her stories at the time it was his choice because he explained how tough Mia’s birth was for Gemma.

Has Gorka ever really been into it with a non contender though? New baby or not. He's never been Gio with Richie levels of bad but I don't feel like he's a pro who can really make the most of the weaker contestants.

Reactions: 17
Has Gorka ever really been into it with a non contender though? New baby or not. He's never been Gio with Richie levels of bad but I don't feel like he's a pro who can really make the most of the weaker contestants.
He definitely looked checked out with the Hollyoaks girl in 2021

Reactions: 11
I don’t feel like Gorka has checked out I think he’s putting in a lot of effort and Nikita is too and they look like they’re having a ball.

Reactions: 4

Let's play a game of putting the celebrity partners in to a list of 60% to 40% of who he liked and who he didn't :D
My guesses:
Liked - Natasha, Kelly, Lisa, Jo, Sophie
Disliked - Sarah, Fiona, Claire, Lulu, Victoria, Sunetra, Anastacia

Not sure on Michelle, Kirsty or Charlotte.

Of the ones he couldn't have been in a studio with, I'd say definitely Lulu. Perhaps Fiona was the other one? She really grated on him.

Reactions: 5
Vicky has gone crazy that denim dress is ugly
Remember poor Ellie S last year desperately trying to say something positive about the dress that was produced to her 😁. It was like a reject from Mrs Doubtfire or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oooh a tad dramatic and messy then. :eek:

I guess he was better off leaving her and coming over here then.
Yeah she posted and deleted a big late-night lament in Feb this year about how he was her ‘lost love’ and how although he says she shouldn’t make these posts she misses his ‘perfumed skin’. I was like ‘babe, take it to your group chat!’
So losing Vito can make you go a bit doo-lally it seems.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Yeah she posted and deleted a big late-night lament in Feb this year about how he was her ‘lost love’ and how although he says she shouldn’t make these posts she misses his ‘perfumed skin’. I was like ‘babe, take it to your group chat!’
So losing Vito can make you go a bit doo-lally it seems.
Fleur kept it very firmly ‘Little annoying brother ‘ level thank goodness!

Reactions: 3
Janette trying to say it was nice was the best part, gritted teeth 😂😂
---
Janette trying to say it was nice was the best part, gritted teeth 😂😂
---
Do we think any celebs and pros couldnt stand one another? Laura and gio are my recent recollection

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I would say Katie Piper and McGlynn were as bad as Richie to be fair. I’m not sure about Tameka Empson’s ability bc she went out so early and iirc she did look promising but that’s pretty much a 50/50 split of contenders vs non contenders.

Reactions: 1
It’s not a theme week is it? What has Lauren done to Vicky?
Why does a foxtrot need a story of cool record shop chick meets geeky bookshop guy?
it’s 90 seconds of stately skipping.
Exactly this. The foxtrot doesn’t need a ‘story’ just do the damn dance

Reactions: 3
I think he did a great job choreographing routines for Katie Piper that made her look better than she was, and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she said that he was very sweet and patient with her lack of confidence.

I think 2021 was his only real dud year (I don't know about his first year though, haven't seen it) and I think a lot of his attitude was probably due to being pissed off about her lack of rehearsal time, which, not entirely fair since it wasn't her fault she wasn't given time off whatever soap she was on, but I don't think he just decided not to bother with her because she wasn't going to get him a glitterball.

Also, as well as just being a more reserved person than some of the other pros, I think at least some of the reason for his partnerships tending to be on the cool side is that he doesn't want to give the tabloids any chance to start 'Strictly curse' rumours about him. Just on this thread the other day someone even said if they were Gemma they'd be furious with him just for putting his hand on Nikita's shoulder during her judge's comments ffs, imagine what some people and especially the tabloids would say if he got as cuddly and effusive with her as, say Vito with Ellie?

Also, I think he does seem to have a better partnership with Nikita than Katie McGlynn. I kind of was expecting a repeat of 2021 when it was clear she couldn't dance in the launch show, but I don't think so anymore. He seems engaged to me, as much as can be expected for a celeb that clearly isn't going to last beyond the first few weeks. Maybe he and Katie just didn't like each other and it was obvious she wouldn't be in long enough for it to be worth pretending otherwise.

Reactions: 7
I think Gorka is disillusioned but professional enough to try and teach his celeb and make it a good experience for them. But his overall demeanour seems to have changed over the last 2-3 years.

I thought last year would be the final year for Gorka and Karen

Reactions: 8
I think Gorka is disillusioned but professional enough to try and teach his celeb and make it a good experience for them. But his overall demeanour seems to have changed over the last 2-3 years.

I thought last year would be the final year for Gorka and Karen
Maybe that’s why he was so crushed he didn’t win with Helen. He might’ve thought of finishing on a high. Though it’s a good job and he has a small family, so might be just going through the motions now.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.