Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some Vito and Arisa cringe:

I like the err... stripes.
And Janette had been so effusive about it 🤣 - I admired Ellie for managing to say ANYTHING when it was revealed.

I know Janette is effusive in general but my goodness that dress was a dud.

Reactions: 2
Maybe that’s why he was so crushed he didn’t win with Helen. He might’ve thought of finishing on a high. Though it’s a good job and he has a small family, so might be just going through the motions now.
I got the feeling he thought last year was ‘his year’.

It must be so tough leaving them and maybe there is a tiny part of him thinking ‘I hope we get knocked out soon’. If that is the case, I think his wish will come true!

Reactions: 4
Not especially a big fan of Gorka but I don't get any sense of him having 'checked out'. He definitely has one of the weaker contenders this year but they are working hard, from anything I have seen so far.

As regards him leaving, Strictly seems like a good enough job, and he doesn't seem to have other sidelines like others have shows /tours and tv work.
Or does he? I know that he and Gemma did something for tv but that was probably not a long running show.

Reactions: 6
Not especially a big fan of Gorka but I don't get any sense of him having 'checked out'. He definitely has one of the weaker contenders this year but they are working hard, from anything I have seen so far.

As regards him leaving, Strictly seems like a good enough job, and he doesn't seem to have other sidelines like others have shows /tours and tv work.
Or does he? I know that he and Gemma did something for tv but that was probably not a long running show.
I think there was three episodes but I could be wrong - it’s on the planner but I haven’t watched them yet. A few folk I know ego have seen it said it was really good so it may lead onto something else.

I think next year they’ll do something fitness based together

Reactions: 3

He does a tour with Karen. Think hes also got fingers in fittness related pies.

Reactions: 5
People have been saying for years they think Gorka's sick of the show and about to quit even though he keeps saying he loves his job and has no plans to leave... I really think he just has a case of Resting witch Face! 😂

I think any change in demeanour is just because he has a family now and is wary of attracting tabloid attention by crawling all over his partner the way some of the other (mostly single) ones do. I suppose being married didn't stop Aljaz from declaring his undying love for every one of his partners about 12 times a dance, but I can't see Gorka carrying that off as well 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
People have been saying for years they think Gorka's sick of the show and about to quit even though he keeps saying he loves his job and has no plans to leave... I really think he just has a case of Resting witch Face! 😂

I think any change in demeanour is just because he has a family now and is wary of attracting tabloid attention by crawling all over his partner the way some of the other (mostly single) ones do. I suppose being married didn't stop Aljaz from declaring his undying love for every one of his partners about 12 times a dance, but I can't see Gorka carrying that off as well 😂
His face at not winning last year was hilarious 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The only good thing about Katie McGlynn was she was bought us THIS moment and I am forever in her debt

F855AD1D-8DAE-479A-963B-D294B37411C2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm not a fan of Gorka, he gives me moody vibes. You know IRL when adults happy one minute and snaps into arsey the next - I'm like rein your emotions your an adult not a toddler.
However I want to see Nikita do well on her scd journey (even if she reminds me of ghastly Stacey bloody Solomon!)

Reactions: 10
I’ve clearly been lurking on this thread too much. I’m moving house today and last night I dreamt that I’d bought a flat that Bobby had been living in but he hadn’t actually moved out and it was filthy. He was there when I arrived with his girlfriend (who was a bit of a contortionist and liked an audience 🤢) and there were various dodgy extended older relatives lounging about the place off their faces.

I have never seen him in eastenders but based on this dream I would like the dirty little git gone ASAP.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm not a fan of Gorka, he gives me moody vibes. You know IRL when adults happy one minute and snaps into arsey the next - I'm like rein your emotions your an adult not a toddler.
However I want to see Nikita do well on her scd journey (even if she reminds me of ghastly Stacey bloody Solomon!)
She is remarkably like SSS but she seems like a really nice girl, and I would like to see her doing well.

Reactions: 2
She is remarkably like SSS but she seems like a really nice girl, and I would like to see her doing well.
I actually find her less like Stacey the more I watch her. Her voice is similar, but nowhere near as bad (I mean, can anything be?!) I think she's easily the most attractive female contestant.

Reactions: 6

Hard to decide what I agree with the most. Probably the bit about Tess.
I must have missed the part where, and I quote:

"the dancers who were doing the show only to conquer their crippling lack of self-confidence or in honour of their dear old mum".:rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I actually find her less like Stacey the more I watch her. Her voice is similar, but nowhere near as bad (I mean, can anything be?!) I think she's easily the most attractive female contestant.
Yes, she is an attractive girl, SSS should be flattered at the comparison. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I must have missed the part where, and I quote:

"the dancers who were doing the show only to conquer their crippling lack of self-confidence or in honour of their dear old mum".:rolleyes:
Its true though, but they forgot to mention Nan (give a wave she's in the audience or watching from home).
(And we'll get the in dedication to grandpa and granny's World War 2 love story, jiving in the shelters )

I like Nikita too, the footage of her Charleston didn't look as bad as I expected but we'll see...

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.