Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was out last night so just watched it. I loved the group dance - it is always such a joyous happy dance with everyone getting the spotlight for a bit, it warms my heart ❤

Nikita in tears was so cute - it is clear that this season has been more than just a job (looking at you Karen 👀) and Layton's genuine joy and excitement about Ellie winning was fab. Doing it for Bury 😃

Fab season..ignoring the judges ridiculous behaviour obviously!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
(nikita trying not to cry with his little pouty mouth when the AT was over too 🥲🥲)
The emotion from both of them throughout the whole dance was really intense. The first AT performance (which I have rewatched far too many times) Nikita kept an intense brooding character from the start till they were stood in front for the judges. Last night I could see the emotion in his face throughout. The dance was a break up and this was the end of their journey. I know they will dance on the tour but they have spent 6 days a week together for months, have stood strong together, continued to push boundaries allowing Layton to be exactly who he is in the face of significant hostility and have clearly forged such a close bond that I think they will feel lost without each other for a while.

This look to each other 😢
IMG_6770.png

There was no standing intensely in character at the end. Nikita just went straight to him and embraced him. I’ve said it before but we all want someone who looks at us the way Nikita looks at Layton ♥

IMG_6767.png

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Aww, love this.
Katya was the one who made Krishnan believe that he could do Strictly. And aren't we all so glad that he did.

60BC36E2-9E17-4FC4-82F8-CA1EDCEAB75D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The only issue I have with Layton's show dance was that there was 20 seconds where there were was zero dancing from him, just Nikita's face in the camera while Layton literally just walked from one end of the dancefloor to the other... 🤨 was weird. Felt like something else was supposed to happen?? Cause it was at odds with the rest of the routine!
---
These two are definitely friends for life, matching nail polish 🩷🩷View attachment 2635433
If that was the bit where Nikita was blowing glitter into the camera, I care not. whoever choreographed that bit … give them a biscuit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I know the singers get a lot of flack, but I loved Layton’s AT song. Maybe it helps that I don’t know the original. That is just a perfect package.

I thought it was a great final, all three couples danced well and deserved to be there. Layton may have been a ringer but the show was brighter having him there.

Absolutely loved seeing Amy in the opening dance. I hope she can take part next year and gets a good dancer.

Reactions: 17
The series quite simply would not have been the same, for me, without Layton and Nikita.
All in all, a likeable group this year, and it was nice to see them again. Nigel and Katya, especially.

I was wondering where Les was, when the group dance was on, and then, there he was 🤣...

Reactions: 17
Watching the final again, and I'm impressed with how Ellie got out of the dodgy lift, she did like a front flip, I would have just fallen off Vito and laid there in a ball crying 😆
Bobby's showdance was giving Stacey and Kevin vibes at the beginning with the moving walls, but it got better. The red headband, y tho? At least make the headband a different colour to break up all the red.
Layton and Nikita have been a brilliant partnership. I've always liked Layton, and Nikita is my favourite pro, but I never really got the adoration and devotion they inspired in their fans. But I can kinda see it now.
I've been a bit meh about this series, but watching the final again without all the pressure reminded me how much I still love Strictly ❤
And I'm still laughing at Kai dancing towards Cher and her blanking him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I wasn't a huge fan of Ellie's showdance but I knew I wouldn't be as I don't like megamix dances - they just never flow right for me. I think she danced it brilliantly but the actual dance gave me that feeling when you stand up too fast after lying down.

I'm gonna say it: lifts do very little to impress me, really. Less is more and I'd rather see dancing.
I agree with all of this. Why risk the dance with all the lifts? Same with the sodding props. The dance just looks disjointed when it’s all lift, lift, lift and oh here we go, another lift. Meh,

Reactions: 9
My predictions for next year (not that anyone asked for them)

A Les/Jody style duffer for Dianne
A middle of the road mum (Kym Marsh style) for Nikita
A fun and loveable Alison Hammond style duffer for Vito
Potentially a same sex partnership for Luba
A young Karim style ringer for Katya to show off her choreography and take her to the final, even though they won’t win
An unexpected ringer for Lauren and Johannes (Ellie/Hamza style)
The old lady duffer for Carlos
And then a steady mid ground (Annabel/Angela/Nigel) bunch for Kai, Gorka, Nadiya and Nancy.
Bye bye/bench for Gio and Karen

Reactions: 13
My predictions for next year (not that anyone asked for them)

A Les/Jody style duffer for Dianne
A middle of the road mum (Kym Marsh style) for Nikita
A fun and loveable Alison Hammond style duffer for Vito
Potentially a same sex partnership for Luba
A young Karim style ringer for Katya to show off her choreography and take her to the final, even though they won’t win
An unexpected ringer for Lauren and Johannes (Ellie/Hamza style)
The old lady duffer for Carlos
And then a steady mid ground (Annabel/Angela/Nigel) bunch for Kai, Gorka, Nadiya and Nancy.
Bye bye/bench for Gio and Karen
Some nice predictions! Though I hope Kai is front of the queue for someone young and talented after Kaye & Grangela.

Reactions: 11
Well I heard from a good source that Shirley likes to shake her bust in the toilets!

talking of which, I read on DS that LadyLav is in hospital. I feel bad - hope Gio’s plight didn’t give her a nasty turn. Genuinely hope she’s back to her insane stanning soon!
Get well soon LadyLav! 😢💃

Reactions: 4
She is far too much of a big name to do Strictly and if she did would probably be partnered with a man but Jodie Comer would be amazing ♥ Luba and Villanelle 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The emotion from both of them throughout the whole dance was really intense. The first AT performance (which I have rewatched far too many times) Nikita kept an intense brooding character from the start till they were stood in front for the judges. Last night I could see the emotion in his face throughout. The dance was a break up and this was the end of their journey. I know they will dance on the tour but they have spent 6 days a week together for months, have stood strong together, continued to push boundaries allowing Layton to be exactly who he is in the face of significant hostility and have clearly forged such a close bond that I think they will feel lost without each other for a while.

This look to each other 😢
View attachment 2635592

There was no standing intensely in character at the end. Nikita just went straight to him and embraced him. I’ve said it before but we all want someone who looks at us the way Nikita looks at Layton ♥

View attachment 2635593
That's how my husband looks at me. I think he's glad strictly is over because he knows I've fallen HARD for Nikita, the beautiful boy 😍

Reactions: 6
She is far too much of a big name to do Strictly and if she did would probably be partnered with a man but Jodie Comer would be amazing ♥ Luba and Villanelle 🤯
I think Jodie is too big for this show right now isn’t she? One day hopefully!!!

Omg gorka is hanging LOLLLL

Reactions: 4
I’d very much like to see a video of what that end lift was meant to be because for the life of me I can’t see how it could ever have gone to plan
I don't think he was ever supposed to catch her the way he did. I think they were trying to do this - lift at 33 seconds - but she fell.

Whatever it was supposed to be, I think it was incredibly stupid of them to attempt a lift like that, especially after Nigel's injury. Made me proper pissed at Vito, and even moreso at the producers. The routine already had loads of impressive lifts, so needlessly foolish to risk serious injury just to cram one more in.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I don't think he was ever supposed to catch her the way he did. I think they were trying to do this - lift at 33 seconds - but she fell.

Whatever it was supposed to be, I think it was incredibly stupid of them to attempt a lift like that, especially after Nigel's injury. Made me proper pissed at Vito, and even moreso at the producers. The routine already had loads of impressive lifts, so needlessly foolish to risk serious injury just to cram one more in.
Think they also did it on DWTS with Iman & Daniella. But I agree, it was a stupid move, too risky for amateurs.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.