Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how Dianne is feeling this morning knowing she still didn't win and that was probably the best chance she will ever get. 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Watching the show dances back, for me Ellie was just in another league compared to the other two and hers felt like a proper strictly show dance, you know back in the day when you never really saw lifts until the show dance and they just threw the girl around? Bobbys was boring and whilst Laytons was clearly great it didn’t feel like that much of a departure from what he’s been doing all series anyway. Ellie and Vito were the only ones to take risks and throw everything at it, which is what a showdance should be, and even with the wobble at the end the rest of the dance far outshined the other two IMO
Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought it was middling at best. Just her being chucked from pillar to post and not very well. More than that last lift looked awkward going in and out.

Took a lot of courage to attempt, though. And I've no room to talk, not even Kai and Graz between them could lift me 😂

Re lifts, I did chuckle at Graz nailing the dirty dancing lift with Zara in the group dance. I assume that was just for Dianne 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
You’re not. I wasn’t keen on Ellie’s show dance either. I thought she lost energy about half way through & her dancing wasn’t her best. But fair effort! Vito chucked the kitchen sink at it!

Reactions: 17
I’ve shipped Ellie and Vito for weeks but now I’m convinced we’re going to have another AJ/Kai/Nadiya situation and it’s going to come out that he’s actually seeing Helen Skelton…there were some rumours on the tour earlier this year and she was there last night. Remember where you heard it first 😉😉
Remember the alleged ‘blonde girlfriend in the audience’?? Now that would be a plot twist (tbf I’d also ship it - they have chemistry)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought it was middling at best. Just her being chucked from pillar to post and not very well. More than that last lift looked awkward going in and out.

Took a lot of courage to attempt, though. And I've no room to talk, not even Kai and Graz between them could lift me 😂

Re lifts, I did chuckle at Graz nailing the dirty dancing lift with Zara in the group dance. I assume that was just for Dianne 😂
Honestly, I didn't like her showdance. For me, Layton and... yes... Bobby's had more of a 'show' quality to them. Even if all the lifts were executed with precision, it was still kinda just a series of lifts. I appreciate the risk-taking, but, I dunno, unless its all done perfectly then i wonder if the risk is worth the potential injury.

Reactions: 11
Just looking at pictures of Ellie and Vito with the glitterball, it's a lot smaller than the one from tour.
---
You’re not. I wasn’t keen on Ellie’s show dance either. I thought she lost energy about half way through & her dancing wasn’t her best. But fair effort! Vito chucked the kitchen sink at it!
There was too much in it for me, too many lifts. My heart was in my mouth watching that last one.

Reactions: 9
Remember the alleged ‘blonde girlfriend in the audience’?? Now that would be a plot twist (tbf I’d also ship it - they have chemistry)
Remember when we were discussing if Helen and Vito were flirting on the tour and then the Mirror article popped up? 😂 Just bringing this back in case any lazy journos are getting ideas

1000002817.png

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Sorry but Skelton has all the sex appeal and charisma of a bowl of cold Ready Brek, I'm not shipping her with Vito.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I’ve just rewatched Ellie’s showdance and I agree that there were just too many complicated lifts in it. She looked quite awkward coming out of a couple of the lifts. It’s a shame it was so jam packed as there were some moments of brilliance, the girl really can dance. The part near the beginning where she walked forward she did with real strength and you could really see her confidence. Vito essentially holding her in a headlock and repeatedly kissing her at the end was sweet.

Reactions: 12
Craigs twitter feed from last night makes for some interesting reading - they keep popping up on my feed

Remember when we were discussing if Helen and Vito were flirting on the tour and then the Mirror article popped up? 😂 Just bringing this back in case any lazy journos are getting ideas

View attachment 2635530
Well I heard from a good source that Shirley likes to shake her bust in the toilets!

talking of which, I read on DS that LadyLav is in hospital. I feel bad - hope Gio’s plight didn’t give her a nasty turn. Genuinely hope she’s back to her insane stanning soon!

• Sad
  • Haha
I wasn't a huge fan of Ellie's showdance but I knew I wouldn't be as I don't like megamix dances - they just never flow right for me. I think she danced it brilliantly but the actual dance gave me that feeling when you stand up too fast after lying down.

I'm gonna say it: lifts do very little to impress me, really. Less is more and I'd rather see dancing.

Reactions: 13
I thought Vito was gay. 😹
He had a nearly year long fling with his Italian celeb in 2021, who is female. Been discussed on here a lot. Before that he was in a fairly long term relationship with the girl who now has custody of Aaron the cute labrador he always mentions.
Thinking about it, Ellie has some similarities with Arisa, facially. Arisa is 10 years older than vito though. I think the only one he’s likely to be having a secret thing with is Luba, who sadly isn’t on the live tour.
IMG_8148.jpeg

Arisa recently ( heavily filtered though!)

Reactions: 4
I finally finished watching the show at 10.30pm last night due to my baby kicking off repeatedly, but in a way I was glad I had to pause it so much because Strictly has brought me so much joy at a difficult time and I didn't want it to end!!

Ellie's showdance was more like a gymnastics display than a dance but incredibly done, and I was so sad for her when the final lift didn't work - I'm glad she came back strong with the final dance and won ❤ in the reaction footage for the showdance on the Strictly Instagram account it looks like her make up is on Vito's crotch from one of their lifts 🤣

Bobby's first dance was horseshit but I thought the other two were good, although Craig only giving the couple's choice a 9 made me laugh 😂

Layton and Nikita were fantastic all night and I was so sad for Nikita when he dropped the hat and then Craig said they were out of sync, he looked so disappointed, but by the end he was just thrilled to have danced with his best friend ❤

The group dance with the whole cast was so joyful, I'm so glad Nigel got to take part! Les on the anchor again had me in hysterics 😂

I'm going to miss this show and this thread so much - thank you for an amazing few months ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hubby was out last night so just caught up on the final and is now declaring himself captain of the Ellie Vito ship. He has also convinced himself that there is an OK magazine shoot incoming where they will announce it.
Think i need to break the news gently there could be Helen Skelton shaped turbulence heading his way 🙈

• Haha

I clocked the too, and the extra spins he was doing

Reactions: 2
Tbh i find Helen Skelton so vanilla and boring she is the last person I would want to hook up with Vito, I just thought it was interesting that she was at the after party last night and I haven’t seen any one else from last years cast there…

I wasn't a huge fan of Ellie's showdance but I knew I wouldn't be as I don't like megamix dances - they just never flow right for me. I think she danced it brilliantly but the actual dance gave me that feeling when you stand up too fast after lying down.

I'm gonna say it: lifts do very little to impress me, really. Less is more and I'd rather see dancing.
same. and i actually didn’t like layton’s much for the same reason - especially the weird bit where the camera zoomed in on nikita’s (obviously gorgeous) face for about ten seconds.

of all the show dances i actually liked bobby’s the most which was unexpected. but it was at least the most coherent.

i need to catch up but just to say i will be saying LAYTON WAS ROBBED for the rest of time might even get it tattooed.

(nikita trying not to cry with his little pouty mouth when the AT was over too 🥲🥲)

Reactions: 6
Graz lifted Zara a lot during their time in Strictly 😁 and did that lift from last night, in one of their dances, as far as I remember.

It looked great, but the difference between a professional dancer doing THE LIFT and Bobby - who just in case you didn't know never danced before 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 - was always going to be vast.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.