Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Joanie

Thank you all to your comments.I watch strictly alone so this thread is great company. I thought it was an amazing series . loved Layton and Nikita but pleased for Elly and Vito.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

thegreencow

VIP Member
Congratulations to Ellie and Vito. I don't think that shy 9 year old who joined Corrie all of those years ago would be able to believe it. It's been a joy to watch her grow and learn to love herself all of these weeks. Ellie is a very talented girl with a bright future ahead. i can't wait to see what she does next.

Strictly always whizzes by. I'm very excited for next year already but sad that it might be Craig's last year. I wish they'd done a better tribute to Len too.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Watching the final again, and I'm impressed with how Ellie got out of the dodgy lift, she did like a front flip, I would have just fallen off Vito and laid there in a ball crying 😆
Bobby's showdance was giving Stacey and Kevin vibes at the beginning with the moving walls, but it got better. The red headband, y tho? At least make the headband a different colour to break up all the red.
Layton and Nikita have been a brilliant partnership. I've always liked Layton, and Nikita is my favourite pro, but I never really got the adoration and devotion they inspired in their fans. But I can kinda see it now.
I've been a bit meh about this series, but watching the final again without all the pressure reminded me how much I still love Strictly ❤
And I'm still laughing at Kai dancing towards Cher and her blanking him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Love that friendship between Angela and Carlos.

It was nice seeing and hearing the celebrities talking about when they met their partners. I loved when they were asked for one word to describe Strictly and Krishnan said one word wouldn't do, but, happiness.

Loved seeing Nigel again and him and Adam messing around on ITT and last night. 😁

• Heart

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Badly timed piss?
---

That bothers me (not just this year, every year). Strictly is about dancing - good, bad, indifferent and everything else on that scale.

It's not Strictly Come Lying About Previous Dance Experience And Coming Up With Some Half Hearted "Journey"/Hard Luck Story

That's not a slight on Ellie or any other winner (except Ore 🖕) but on the way the show is framed and the narrative it's given by the producers.
During the final, the whole 'Ellie started off with no confidence and look at how far she's come from week 1' that they kept hammering home - just utterly bizarre and a bit gaslighty. Especially Shirley going on about how she didn't know her left from right in the first show FFS

It's like the producers felt they needed to somehow justify her win by making out like she had this massive journey from duffer to dancer. She was a good dancer from the start AND popular, which is great! It's rare a young female celeb is in that position. It just felt a bit shady and also doing Ellie a disservice too

glasgow27

VIP Member
The weirdest thing with Craig was the mention of Natasha Kaplinsky, he's not one to get sentimental so delving into the history books like that was a bit off.

Restless Native

VIP Member
You’ll all be glad to know I’ve finished my rewatch for the first time but two other things I noticed…

Kai acting like the #SafetyFirst OAP guardian he’s had to become by making sure Vito would’ve been caught should he have taken a spill 🤣

And is it just me; but Neil, Gorka and Graz all get extra hearts for being the shoulders for the winners to sit on.

So I’ve just set a reminder to ring the doc in the morning to up my lexapro, starting tomorrow 🤦🏼‍♀️
Neil gets a hard time but he does seem genuinely supportive of his fellow pros.

Gio on the other hand was nowhere to be seen

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I think the producers need to decide and clarify "what Strictly is all about" and make sure the judges are on the same page with whatever that may be.
Absolutely 💯 Considering the show prides itself on inclusivity, it's not exactly inclusive to laud celebs (who they have invited on) as being 'what this show is all about', and allow others celebs (who they have also invited on) to shoulder torrents of abuse because they're 'not what the show is all about'. It's just giving ammunition to online bullies for one thing.

• Heart

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
Took me WELL over an hour to catch up with the thread!!!

Gutted that Layton and Nikita didn't win, but I always knew it was never going to happen. But I feel in a way they had the moral victory, lol, being top of the leaderboard and top of my list (more important 😝)

Congrats to Ellie and Vito, glad if anyone other than Lakita had to win it was them. Couldn't have coped if it was Dianne and the Boob.

I cried so many times tonight, starting when Amy was dancing at the start, and then basically every time Layton and Nikita finished a dance. By the end I was a wreck.

Layton doesn't need the glitterball - he has Nikita.

• Heart

Tanley

VIP Member
Thinking of next year.
I would like to see Kai with a contender. He did some fabulous routines with AJ, but missed out on the final, then first out with Kaye, then gets Angela R, the oldest ever contestant. Give him another chance with someone younger.

I think Graz is lovely and would do well with a same sex partnership.

Vito has had two series, got in the final both times and now won the show. He needs to have an older, less able partner and see what he can do.

Lauren did really well with Krishnan and seems to be a great teacher. I hope she is kept on the main show and gets a ringer next year to really show what she can do.

JoJo is the most beautiful and kind person on the planet. Give him someone light hearted and uncomplicated who he can have fun with. Please.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I've said it before, but I'm also of the opinion that Nigel could have won, or it would have at least been a very close call.

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
Please don’t let it be Bobby.

Please show Ellie and Vito getting it on.

Please end with Layton and Nikita getting it on 🥵

• Haha
  • Heart