Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jfletcher

VIP Member
I think the producers need to decide and clarify "what Strictly is all about" and make sure the judges are on the same page with whatever that may be.
Absolutely. Since the producers happily invite ringers on to the show every single year, their idea of "what Strictly is all about" clearly differs to Shirley! Not to harp on the Danny Mac thing for the millionth time but there was the same issue in his year with Len applauding Ore for never having danced before and him being "what Strictly is all about" as if it was Danny's fault that the show approached him and asked him to take part.

I vote for whoever brings me the most joy - both on the dance floor and as a partnership - and I've never cared whether that person is a ringer or someone who's never danced in their life. If non-dancers is what Strictly's about then they should have a series with only celebrities who've never been on stage/had dance training/been to drama school. It would be a bunch of sports stars and presenters and politicians and the early weeks would be painful! For every Mark Ramprakash who shines, there's a lot more Jodys and Nikitas and Nagas.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’ve really struggled watching live this year, with my toddler and just general life and I have missed live commenting with you all on this thread but I have read every single message on here and have loved it so much!!! Strictly for me is ❤❤

So happy for Ellie (and even more so Vito tbh) I’m still shipping them and hope we get a cute little insta post tonight hard launching 😂😂😂 well if Joe and Dianne can do it 🤷‍♀️

Had a few wines tonight and genuinely sobbed the whole way through from when the lift went wrong until the end- apart from any time Bobby appeared on screen cos honestly he made me feel devoid of emotion.

Here’s to next year when hopefully my toddler will sleep and I can be more present again! Can’t wait to get back to thirsting over Vito and Nikita! 🍷❤💃

• Heart
Reactions: 20

coffeeislife21

I can’t stop watching nakita and laytons Argentine tango. Was so good. When he bends him back. Goosebumps and the chemistry 🔥 I will miss this. Thanks everyone for the laughs and chats 💕 xx

• Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I really do think Vito and Fleur have a true and lasting friendship.
Definitely.
I always enjoyed when he and Ellie were on ITT with Fleur. There was an extra bit of devilment between them.

Fleur has been a great choice as presenter of ITT, imo. I hope she is there again next time around.

• Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
That's a fair point and I do agree with Shirley. I do tend to agree with her on most things I just am not a fan of her delivery!! I think she could be less soul destroying with her criticism, she's a tougher judge than Craig when's she's not happy with something 😅

I do agree that Layton and Nigel aren't really what Strictly are about. I get that, I really do, but I am happy to have them in the competition right up until the finals because I like watching them dance!! I don't think ringers should win, but without them the early stages of the show would be unwatchable, let's be honest 🤣🤣

Imagine a full series filled with only Les Dennis's and Nikita Kanda performances 🫣
Shirley is very inconsistent imo. She lashed Eddie one week, with something she could have phrased very differently. There was almost the sound of a sharp intake of breath in the audience, at the time. And then handed him a wholly undeserved 10 the following week. 🧐

When she wants to, she can be good and obviously she knows her stuff but she gets too bogged down in whether or not she likes someone and whether or not she likes the pro. And makes it too obvious. She doesn't like Katya, for sure.

Speaking of Eddie, I feel Karen let him down. She stood with a face on her, like a slapped arse while in front of the judges, very much a case of 'I suppose I have to listen to this tripe'. I know she had personal stuff going on but that's kinda bad for a pro, to do, imo.

She then beamed her way through ITT after elimination. Totally different woman. Needs to be benched next time in favour of others.

Beth1980

VIP Member
Right hands up who was lost without the results show? Don't know what I will watch next weekend either.

• Heart
  • Sad

posy

VIP Member
I like the idea that Vito made Ellie see her worth and learn to love who she is and it is deep friendship rather than romance. She is still so young at 22 - hope she goes out, enjoys life and just grabs it. Fingers crossed her career takes off like Rose’s has.

• Heart

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Most things about Strictly are now so polished and stage managed that it's actually quite refreshing when Tess doesn't deliver a joke properly or gets a link a bit wrong

• Haha

shugabug23

Chatty Member
I keep pausing my rewatching of the final because I’m so happy some people are still chatting here ❤ I’ve loved all the Strictly chats, thanks for the company when the dog doesn’t talk back!

• Heart

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
Honestly if I was Ellie I'd have spent all yesterday sleeping. She's probably knackered and needs a few days to recover and process things.
I get the impression Ellie is a grounded likeable young Lady, not the type to be full of herself, I heard her say on This Morning she spent yesterday in bed then went out for a meal with her family

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Sally on BBC Breakfast this morning talking about being on the Christmas Special … bearing in mind it’s just a one off dance and it was completed last week she apparently has the ‘Traditional Strictly rib injury’ and is asking people not to make her laugh and is still in pain.
Really, they need to stop asking celebs who have never done anything like this before to push their bodies beyond what is reasonable and feasible. There’s no wonder the ones on the main show are held together with physio tape and anti-inflammatories.

Bol85

VIP Member
I love that Layton has summed up his experience by just posting a photo of them hugging 😭 sums them right up ❤

• Heart

Sprezza

VIP Member
I really hope that was Diane's last year. She's not gonna get near the final again so might as well end on a high.
If she does stay can she at least lose the red hair pleease it's so distracting!

bagpuss17278

VIP Member
All my online votes went to Ellie tonight. I’ve warmed to Bobby but don’t want Dianne to win. And Layton just has too much previous dance experience in my opinion.

• Heart