Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
God, crying Nikita just sends me 😭😭😭🤧 But Layton has totally ruined him for me. I don't want to see him dance with anyone else now 💔

I really enjoyed tonight. Ellie was a worthy winner, but I was dying for a bit of unpredictability at the result.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I think the good pros should be given the opportunity to show how good they can be by being given people who aren’t so good or who they need to be really creative with their choreography with. I didn’t watch last year but looking back Nikita did some great work with Ellie. Katya has had some right duffers and middling people yet I can remember dances from all of them because she is so creative.

Its about encouraging and supporting the celebrities, whatever their ability, and choreographing routines that compliment them. Lauren really showed her talent with her partnership with Krishnan. It really is about partnership working.
Agreed.

Katya is outstanding, imo. She has done duffer duty over the years with absolute class. She pushes them to perform, rather than taking the easy way out and having a laugh.

Nikita was fabulous with Ellie, even managing not to show any reaction when Craig criticised him fir something he did, in a particular way, which he had to do because of Ellie's disability. And they obviously got on great too.

Gorka and Graz and Nancy all had partners this year who were not going to go far. But they all did their jobs well, by making it a good experience for their respective partners. That's the true mark of a professional to me.

Vito has been very lucky, Two great partners, making two finals and winning with Ellie. But I think he would be equally lovely with a partner who was nowhere near their level. I think he is a genuinely lovely man. And very dedicated,

• Heart

Clovis

VIP Member
Oh god is it the cringeworthy dance of the duffers.
Reminds me when X Factor used to bring back all the shit ones who failed the first audition.

Jody still showing all the charisma of a piece of linguine.

• Haha

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
I finally finished watching the show at 10.30pm last night due to my baby kicking off repeatedly, but in a way I was glad I had to pause it so much because Strictly has brought me so much joy at a difficult time and I didn't want it to end!!

Ellie's showdance was more like a gymnastics display than a dance but incredibly done, and I was so sad for her when the final lift didn't work - I'm glad she came back strong with the final dance and won ❤ in the reaction footage for the showdance on the Strictly Instagram account it looks like her make up is on Vito's crotch from one of their lifts 🤣

Bobby's first dance was horseshit but I thought the other two were good, although Craig only giving the couple's choice a 9 made me laugh 😂

Layton and Nikita were fantastic all night and I was so sad for Nikita when he dropped the hat and then Craig said they were out of sync, he looked so disappointed, but by the end he was just thrilled to have danced with his best friend ❤

The group dance with the whole cast was so joyful, I'm so glad Nigel got to take part! Les on the anchor again had me in hysterics 😂

I'm going to miss this show and this thread so much - thank you for an amazing few months ❤

• Heart

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
DJ play that Christmas song I wanna shag Nigel all night long 🎵

what a series guys, I've loved every bit of it but the best part was this thread with all you lot 🤗

• Haha
  • Heart

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Random thoughts before I forget them (soz if all this has already been mentioned by you all earlier):

What in god's name were the pros wearing in that opening dance. Did Vicky Gill send someone to the nearest hotel kitchen to steal a load of aprons?

Amy ❤

Gorka's arse! ❤

Nikita's lightening reflexes when he dropped the hat 👏👏👏

Tess muttering 'Bury' under her breath when Motsi was talking about Layton being from 'some town in the middle of England ' 😂

Kai trying to impress Cher with some awkward gyrating

Ellie's AS and Layton's AT were the dances of the night

Ellie and Vito were fab all series and they really didn't need to try and hammer home the 'journey' storyline this evening. Shirley especially with her 'you didn't know your left from your right' nonsense. Come the fuck on Shirley

A well deserved win in quite a flat final. Weirdly lacking in atmosphere (not helped by quite obvious budget cuts in the set and effects I think)

• Heart
  • Haha

Geetbo

VIP Member
God, crying Nikita just sends me 😭😭😭🤧 But Layton has totally ruined him for me. I don't want to see him dance with anyone else now
Same.

they’ve got no option to sign up Henry Cavill to dance with Nikita next year.
I will then sue them for turning my cock into a pepperami.

• Haha
  • Wow

Claymorekick

Chatty Member
Is it wrong of me to want one of my children to become famous just so they can be on Strictly and I can have a fabulous vicarious experience like Layton's mum? Not an ounce of rhythm between them so if it did happen, it would be a dance disaster but I can dream! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
How bloody lovely is Layton ❤ Quite surprised Nikita hasn’t posted any kinda ‘what a journey’ post yet.. maybe he’s just letting Ellie & Vito have their moment. Diannes post ‘I used to be obsessed with winning the glitter ball’ .. WE KNOW. 🤣

By the end of the final Nikita was barely keeping it together, I do think he needs to step back and recharge his batteries a bit. I think the connection between him and Layton went way beyond the normal strictly partnerships. Even Layton, who I think pretty tough, has barely said anything just posting a heart on Twitter and that picture of them hugging. I think they will both need a bit of time to process their intense friendship, the abuse they got, and how things will progress now. I can’t imagine how tough it must be to connect with someone so much, spend so much time together and then for it to be over. It must almost feel like a break up.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Loved seeing Nigel tonight.
I haven't watched all of the dances yet but delighted for Ellie. She or Layton would both have been worthy winners.

Delighted that she and Vito were in their gorgeous costumes for the announcement too.

They could cut out that nonsense of asking people around the country what they think. Bring the announcement forward slightly and let the winners have a bit of airtime instead.

Boogs

VIP Member
Krishnan is just the sweetest man to exist. I hope he keeps finding joy in dancing. I cheered when he appeared on the group dance earlier.
---
I hate social media!! I knew I shouldn't have gone to the comments but people are pissing all over Ellie's win 💔 I hate people. I hate the internet.
People are pricks and make themselves feel better about their own inadequacies by throwing out vitriol at others. Ignore them, Ellie will have the time of her life tonight and their comments won’t matter to her at all.

• Heart