Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I didn't really like the Argentine Tango the first time. It was mostly the ill-fitting song that ruined it for me, but I also agreed with Craig's comments on the results show about why he didn't give it a 10 the first time - that it had too much attack and was a bit frantic and disjointed. I never thought in a million years that he'd actually improve it in the Final and was all prepared to roll my eyes at it getting the scripted 40 even though it had the same problem as before, but I was so, so impressed that he actually danced it so much better than the first time - way smoother and more connected with Nikita. I really loved it this time (other than the lack of proper music) and I'm so glad it was their last dance and the last dance of the night and they got their well deserved 40 for it. I also confess to thinking Nikita was full of shit when he said on ITT that the dance would have a different story/emotion/meaning/whatever the second time round, and fully expected to be entirely unmoved as I was the first time. So glad I was wrong! 😂And his tears after got to me, he's so precious, I can't even deal 😭 🥺 🥰

The Quickstep was also amazing, again, absolutely awestruck that he improved it so much. The most I hoped for was for the couple of moments they were a little out of sync the first time to be smoothed out, but as well as being more calm, controlled and in sync, the frame and body contact was hugely improved too. There was definitely a mistake (actually I think there were two, oops) but after Booby's ridiculous 39s for dances that were firmly in the 30-34 range, who cares? And I'm feeling slightly wrathful once again about the music and costume stitch-up they had with the American Smooth which really obscured how much improvement there was from the Viennese Waltz.

Mostly I'm happy for Ellie's win, but it makes me a little frustrated how many people claim to vote for the most improvement but willfully shut their eyes to how much Layton has improved. I usually agree that a ringer shouldn't win, but I don't think I've ever seen one show such clear, marked improvement before as Layton has. I normally hate the repeated dances in the Final and feel they're a complete waste of everyone's time. For the first time ever I loved them and I'm sad we can't see all his early dances again to see what they could be like now. Ellie got really lucky - any other year she'd have been the one the journey voters called boring because she was too good from the start.
I'll always be pissed at how much that bloody AS derailed them 😡

Reactions: 2

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
Must have been filmed a while ago, as Cher was in the UK for the Graham Norton Show a couple of weeks back, I doubt she's still here. 🤣
Yes was a pre record. Anyone else notice Motsi’s wig was styled slightly differently to tonight!!

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
I think they're friends too, but the cynic in me thinks they definitely played up on the romance rumours to help their chances.

OtherMoon

VIP Member
Aww, bless him, he’s an absolute sweetheart.
Is it too early to start the campaign to stop Vito and Nikita being put on granny steering duty next season?
That's a petition I would sign! I will be gutted if someone like Gio gets a contender and Vito and Nikita get shuffled off early.

shoppingaddict123

Chatty Member
Jowita and Danny C on This Morning talking about Xmas strictly!

Any tea about them? They make a nice looking couple and he’s single again …split from his wife recently

soccergirl

VIP Member
Anyone have a clue what vitos Instagram says? 🤣
It's just lots of generic thank yous to people for voting, they are so emotional, they love everyone, all the participants, crew etc.

I presume (hope) he will also do one (in English) thanking Ellie...

Redline

Let's not confuse him being a professional dancer with actually him being a pro at ballroom and latin. He's still way below the standard of the pros to get hired as one. As far as I know, they only hire ones who have been competitive on the circuit.
Was Jowita on the circuit? I only thought she got on originally because she impressed after her win on Greatest Dancer?

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
Tbh I think people read too much into what Giofanny posts or doesn't post. I don't really care if he's there or not next year but I suspect being in Anton's pocket means he can do as much or as little as he pleases.
its not just Gio's posting, its everyone on social media that people read to much into or make assumption's based on if they like dislike a person etc or jump to conclusions, etc