Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know what has happened with the Ariadne Reviews, the most recent one was Blackpool week and nothing since. I used to look forward to reading them

He wasn’t in pics of after show stuff (the milling about, the party) so I assume he buggered off to Gola for an aphrodisiac meal for one (while sticking pins in a voodoo doll of Vito). Have never seen that before.

I’d be happy with Vito getting a fun Alison Hammond type contestant next year. Just not a Coleen Nolan type - I saw a snippet of LW and she is desperate to do it! I also remember before the show started we thought Ellie wouid get Gorka because of the Manc connection - he’d have done a good job but I don’t think she’d have won.
Coleen Nolan is just bad vibes.

Reactions: 8
Do we know what has happened with the Ariadne Reviews, the most recent one was Blackpool week and nothing since. I used to look forward to reading them
Ariadne hasn't been well - she posted last week that she was still fragile and wouldn't be recapping :( I love her recaps! - if you like podcasts and want to fill some time she appeared on some of the Keep Dancing podcast eps this series - they are very funny.

Looks like Vito and Ellie are on the radio with Fleur this am

Last edited:
Ellie is very mature for her age and there's Vito playing with a candy cane probably desperate for the interview to end so he can eat it. I'd laugh if it came out she and Bobby were actually a thing 😅. I'm sure a romance will come out of this year somewhere. I think Vito is with someone but all very hush hush. She must be low key fuming at all the rumours and the "we don't have time."

Reactions: 9
Thinking of next year.
I would like to see Kai with a contender. He did some fabulous routines with AJ, but missed out on the final, then first out with Kaye, then gets Angela R, the oldest ever contestant. Give him another chance with someone younger.

I think Graz is lovely and would do well with a same sex partnership.

Vito has had two series, got in the final both times and now won the show. He needs to have an older, less able partner and see what he can do.

Lauren did really well with Krishnan and seems to be a great teacher. I hope she is kept on the main show and gets a ringer next year to really show what she can do.

JoJo is the most beautiful and kind person on the planet. Give him someone light hearted and uncomplicated who he can have fun with. Please.

Reactions: 21
I get the impression that Vito is just living his best life at the moment.

Reactions: 16
I
When we went to see Anton, he talked about the pro dances and gradually how he went from the front row to the back row. This is what's happened to Gio - i noticed that he was quite often at the back of pro dances and not really featured.

Personally, I'm out of step with this forum. I like Gio and Vito gives me the creeps 😱😱😱 All that kissing Ellie when he nearly killed her trying to do some out there lift was stomach churning.

Ellie was a very consistent dancer but I kept forgetting she was there. I think with a different partner she could have been more memorable.

So as a comparison I would look at Ellie and Vito vs Gio and Georgia. Nothing that Ellie did was as memorable as Georgia. Apart from when she nearly fell off Vito's shoulders 😱😱😱(I did post during the final that enjoyed the actual show dance but the lifts interrupted the flow of the dance)

Ps, just to compound it how out of touch i am with this forum, I've got tickets to see Gio and I'll be booking tickets to see him and Anton when I get paid!!!
I LOVE Vito and Ellie was safe with him!

I do like Gio as well and would like to bet that Amanda is an extremely tricky character. I'm sure they both had a part to play. Gio has had previous bad partnerships but MOST have been good: Georgia, Debbie, Faye, Michelle and Rose.

Love this forum but can be very partisan and the ASSUMPTIONS made are unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Coleen Nolan is just bad vibes.
I watched CBB the year that she won. I still can't figure how she won it but I remember being so annoyed that I turned off the tv 🤣 when it was announced. I can't imagine her being very receptive to criticism somehow. Even though I know very little else about her apart from seeing her on CBB that time.

Just thinking, you really need nerves of steel going on there.
And I don't just mean, in case you get injured. It's very very exposing, cameras around all the time. Stories in the tabloids especially as the competition runs on. Long lens trained on windows.

And then facing the audience and the judges every week. Nerves of steel, or else a couldn't care less attitude, I guess. Fair dues to anyone who takes it on really.

Reactions: 5
Ellie is very mature for her age and there's Vito playing with a candy cane probably desperate for the interview to end so he can eat it. I'd laugh if it came out she and Bobby were actually a thing 😅. I'm sure a romance will come out of this year somewhere. I think Vito is with someone but all very hush hush. She must be low key fuming at all the rumours and the "we don't have time."
On that note, I see Tyler and Molly have bought a house together. I guess they were 'linked' during last season so it's probably around a year that they've been together. I think Ellie and Bobby (sort of, with his revolving door of exes), and Annabel were the only singletons this year. Maybe girl Nikita too..

Wonder if we will ever find out about Vito's alleged blonde gf (#nothelenskelton). Maybe he did a Gio with Maura, and dumped her when he realised he had a chance to win and needed to focus 200% on the contest?

Reactions: 3
On that note, I see Tyler and Molly have bought a house together. I guess they were 'linked' during last season so it's probably around a year that they've been together. I think Ellie and Bobby (sort of, with his revolving door of exes), and Annabel were the only singletons this year. Maybe girl Nikita too..

Wonder if we will ever find out about Vito's alleged blonde gf (#nothelenskelton). Maybe he did a Gio with Maura, and dumped her when he realised he had a chance to win and needed to focus 200% on the contest?
Molly and Tyler - are very sweet together.
Vito and the alleged blonde - living his best life and quite possibly not wanting to ‘label’ any relationship. I like that Vito keeps his personal life, private.

I’d like Johannes to have a strong contender next year.
I’d like Johannes to have someone who is fun, emotionally stable and hasn’t had any recent major trauma. I feel he is so empathic that he will experience vicarious trauma. Give him someone fun and lighthearted so he can live his best life!

Reactions: 18
Still think Maura Higgins would be an ideal partner for Johannes - they would have a lot of fun together.

Gio’s fall from grace was somewhat abrupt wasn’t it? He was always full of himself, but seemed generally admired and was regarded as one of the more talented pros. He had a litany of good or decent partners culminating in a win with Rose… and then it all seemed to go wrong and the tide turned.

Was it his attitude towards his partner Richie last year? The rise of Vito as a younger Italian pro?

He certainly seems over the show at this point, but I wonder is that prompted by how he’s now viewed - or did his changed attitude come first, resulting in him being viewed less positively.

Reactions: 9
In a fair few interviews Gio has said he loves the chase and once he achieves something he is then over it and onto the next challenge. I feel he won the glitter ball and has achieved what he wanted to on Strictly. Strictly ought to be about the celeb not the pro who lifts the glitter ball. Give Gorka his due Nikita seemed to really enjoy her short time on the show - he did his job correctly.

Reactions: 18
Gio’s fall from grace was somewhat abrupt wasn’t it? He was always full of himself, but seemed generally admired and was regarded as one of the more talented pros. He had a litany of good or decent partners culminating in a win with Rose… and then it all seemed to go wrong and the tide turned.

Was it his attitude towards his partner Richie last year? The rise of Vito as a younger Italian pro?

He certainly seems over the show at this point, but I wonder is that prompted by how he’s now viewed - or did his changed attitude come first, resulting in him being viewed less positively.
He has been quite bitchy on his tours about strictly in a few ways , he was very adamant he didn’t want to be remembered as Pummba as his last dance which is why he went back for another go, and made the comment that no one watches the pro dances anyway. I noticed he’s not been a lead in one this year.
He also took those audience photos to show ‘his fellow pros what a sold out show looked like’

Reactions: 6
I suppose I mean that winners don’t need to automatically get a duffer the year after. I know it’s not set in stone but we know how it works.
The thing is, even if the producers do give pros who did well a duffer the next series it doesn’t always work out.
After she won with Kelvin, who himself was a last minute stand in, they gave Oti Bill Bailey - who I presume as an older comedian wasn’t meant to get that far - and look how that turned out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.