Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to agree with the idea that winners got given complete duffers for the next series but I’ve changed my mind. Why not let the best carry on? It will help foster a better pro group.

Reactions: 12
I used to agree with the idea that winners got given complete duffers for the next series but I’ve changed my mind. Why not let the best carry on? It will help foster a better pro group.
Vito should get a duffer IMO but they should always make sure that at least a couple of the really good pros have proper contenders. I kinda wince when I look through the DS thread and see people saying that Neil, Nadiya & Graziano should get the best celebs.

Reactions: 7
I hope Lauren gets a contender next year. I LOVED Krishnan but he was never going to win. I think if he'd been paired with a less lovely pro he may not even have fallen so in love with dancing and Strictly may not have been such a life changing experience for him. Lauren gives off such good vibes, seems a genuinely lovely woman and obviously a good teacher. When I read that she volunteered in care homes during the pandemic she went up even further in my estimations, more so that Krishnan told everyone about that, she hadn't been blowing her own trumpet about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I just think the best pros should get the ‘best’ partners…. Obviously allowing for height, personality and various other factors. We should never have ‘oh, he won so put him with the ‘Ann Widdecombe’ next year’.

Reactions: 5
I just think the best pros should get the ‘best’ partners…. Obviously allowing for height, personality and various other factors. We should never have ‘oh, he won so put him with the ‘Ann Widdecombe’ next year’.
The thing with this is, new pros would never get a chance. And say somebody had a total duffer and no chance to shine whereas another pro got an easy ride thanks to partner popularity. How is the success of the best pros measured?

strictly works best when the partnerships work well - I think they always ought to go with which pro would work well with which celeb. That way the celeb gets the most out of their time on the show. I do think that both Nikita and Vito could do a Katya with a ‘duffer’ and create some fun and memorable dances as well as giving the celeb a good time.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think the good pros should be given the opportunity to show how good they can be by being given people who aren’t so good or who they need to be really creative with their choreography with. I didn’t watch last year but looking back Nikita did some great work with Ellie. Katya has had some right duffers and middling people yet I can remember dances from all of them because she is so creative.

Its about encouraging and supporting the celebrities, whatever their ability, and choreographing routines that compliment them. Lauren really showed her talent with her partnership with Krishnan. It really is about partnership working.

• Heart
its not just Gio's posting, its everyone on social media that people read to much into or make assumption's based on if they like dislike a person etc or jump to conclusions, etc
It’s not just the posting though is it, really? It’s that he took no part in any of the ITT stuff … no pro challenge, no what‘s the answer dancer, not seen at the end of the show in the congratulatory huddle, missed the first pro dances … it really is like he did the absolute bare minimum.

Reactions: 17
Lucky you guys who got tickets, enjoy the shows.
Im starting to wonder if some newspaper/photographer has got something up their sleeve on Ellie and Vito. My social media has exploded with article after article today about their relationship. Is it just speculation, they really aren't easing up on the story at all.

Reactions: 1
When we went to see Anton, he talked about the pro dances and gradually how he went from the front row to the back row. This is what's happened to Gio - i noticed that he was quite often at the back of pro dances and not really featured.

Personally, I'm out of step with this forum. I like Gio and Vito gives me the creeps 😱😱😱 All that kissing Ellie when he nearly killed her trying to do some out there lift was stomach churning.

Ellie was a very consistent dancer but I kept forgetting she was there. I think with a different partner she could have been more memorable.

So as a comparison I would look at Ellie and Vito vs Gio and Georgia. Nothing that Ellie did was as memorable as Georgia. Apart from when she nearly fell off Vito's shoulders 😱😱😱(I did post during the final that enjoyed the actual show dance but the lifts interrupted the flow of the dance)

Ps, just to compound it how out of touch i am with this forum, I've got tickets to see Gio and I'll be booking tickets to see him and Anton when I get paid!!!

Reactions: 4
I think the good pros should be given the opportunity to show how good they can be by being given people who aren’t so good or who they need to be really creative with their choreography with. I didn’t watch last year but looking back Nikita did some great work with Ellie. Katya has had some right duffers and middling people yet I can remember dances from all of them because she is so creative.

Its about encouraging and supporting the celebrities, whatever their ability, and choreographing routines that compliment them. Lauren really showed her talent with her partnership with Krishnan. It really is about partnership working.
Agreed.

Katya is outstanding, imo. She has done duffer duty over the years with absolute class. She pushes them to perform, rather than taking the easy way out and having a laugh.

Nikita was fabulous with Ellie, even managing not to show any reaction when Craig criticised him fir something he did, in a particular way, which he had to do because of Ellie's disability. And they obviously got on great too.

Gorka and Graz and Nancy all had partners this year who were not going to go far. But they all did their jobs well, by making it a good experience for their respective partners. That's the true mark of a professional to me.

Vito has been very lucky, Two great partners, making two finals and winning with Ellie. But I think he would be equally lovely with a partner who was nowhere near their level. I think he is a genuinely lovely man. And very dedicated,

• Heart
It’s not just the posting though is it, really? It’s that he took no part in any of the ITT stuff … no pro challenge, no what‘s the answer dancer, not seen at the end of the show in the congratulatory huddle, missed the first pro dances … it really is like he did the absolute bare minimum.
Missing the celebratory bit of the final is really peculiar. Where was he? Had he gone home? Was he sitting backstage on his own? What was the reason why he couldn’t/wouldn’t be part of the ‘big moment’ that is the culmination of the entire series?
🤔

I suspect being in Anton's pocket means he can do as much or as little as he pleases.
I honestly don’t think Anton has that much sway. The BBC might be keen to retain the ‘double act’ they’ve created, but I would doubt Anton carries much ‘yay or nay’ power where the pros are concerned.
---
What makes someone the ‘best’ pro, though? How far they get in each series? Their pre-Strictly credentials? How their partners experience their time on the show? Instilling the best technique in their celeb? Choreographing to disguise/distract from their partners weak points?

With the current exception of Gio & Karen, who both seem to be ‘done’ with the show to a greater or lesser degree, each of the pros has something in their repertoire that is some version of ‘best’. Vito has a great track record for his two series, but he’s been paired with two dancers who were very good right from the start. Does that make him ‘better’ than Kai, who made it (almost) all the way with a good dancer, but who was also a great partner to Kaye & Angela R, who each needed very different forms of help and support compared to AJ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I suppose I mean that winners don’t need to automatically get a duffer the year after. I know it’s not set in stone but we know how it works.

Reactions: 4
I was generalising, re social media,...... as for Gio we don't know if him doing the bare minimum was down to him or not, I suppose time will tell,

Reactions: 1
I was generalising, re social media,...... as for Gio we don't know if him doing the bare minimum was down to him or not, I suppose time will tell,
I noticed that Grace Cinque White, Luke and Alan were rehearsing for Gio’s show yesterday, so I suspect his mind is completely on that and not Strictly. It starts Jan 18th.

Missing the celebratory bit of the final is really peculiar. Where was he? Had he gone home? Was he sitting backstage on his own? What was the reason why he couldn’t/wouldn’t be part of the ‘big moment’ that is the culmination of the entire series?
🤔
He wasn’t in pics of after show stuff (the milling about, the party) so I assume he buggered off to Gola for an aphrodisiac meal for one (while sticking pins in a voodoo doll of Vito). Have never seen that before.

I’d be happy with Vito getting a fun Alison Hammond type contestant next year. Just not a Coleen Nolan type - I saw a snippet of LW and she is desperate to do it! I also remember before the show started we thought Ellie wouid get Gorka because of the Manc connection - he’d have done a good job but I don’t think she’d have won.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.