Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm deffo living in delulu land as I wasn't all that convinced by the denial 😂 😂 ffs someone push me back into the real world

Reactions: 7
I think the producers need to decide and clarify "what Strictly is all about" and make sure the judges are on the same page with whatever that may be.
Absolutely. Since the producers happily invite ringers on to the show every single year, their idea of "what Strictly is all about" clearly differs to Shirley! Not to harp on the Danny Mac thing for the millionth time but there was the same issue in his year with Len applauding Ore for never having danced before and him being "what Strictly is all about" as if it was Danny's fault that the show approached him and asked him to take part.

I vote for whoever brings me the most joy - both on the dance floor and as a partnership - and I've never cared whether that person is a ringer or someone who's never danced in their life. If non-dancers is what Strictly's about then they should have a series with only celebrities who've never been on stage/had dance training/been to drama school. It would be a bunch of sports stars and presenters and politicians and the early weeks would be painful! For every Mark Ramprakash who shines, there's a lot more Jodys and Nikitas and Nagas.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm deffo living in delulu land as I wasn't all that convinced by the denial 😂 😂 ffs someone push me back into the real world
Ha ha. Ellie did prevaricate at the beginning with the old 'we've just been so busy' stuff, but she did later say 'no' when Craig asked if there was romance. So I dunno! Probably best to accept that friendship is better, no risk of things going badly and falling out (even if the shipper inside me is a tad disappointed).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Interesting that Ellie said that is how the lift was meant to go - eg that’s how she was meant to come down, it was just very messy and wobbly as she didn’t get her balance at the top. I don’t think it was the huge disaster it was made out to be at the time

Reactions: 4
I think the producers need to decide and clarify "what Strictly is all about" and make sure the judges are on the same page with whatever that may be.
What Strictly is About, according to the person who came up with the concept, is a shiney floor show of Celebs out their comfort zone and dancing was picked purely because everything else had been taken.

That’s it. Nothing more, nothing less. They needed a Saturday tea time show to compete with the X-Factor. It wasn’t to turn a Breakfast Sports Presenter into Gene Kelly or an ex-soap actress in to Cyd Charrise in 3 months’. The reason you get the big bucks, Shirl, is purely because its a Saturday evening shiney floor show.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I met Nigel back around the time he was really famous from being in Eastenders, he was getting a lot of attention and was not pleasant. It definitely seemed to have gone to his head.

• Wow
  • Sad
Interesting that Ellie said that is how the lift was meant to go - eg that’s how she was meant to come down, it was just very messy and wobbly as she didn’t get her balance at the top. I don’t think it was the huge disaster it was made out to be at the time
I was half afraid to watch having read beforehand that things didn't go quite to plan. I was relieved to see that while It was certainly a bit wobbly, she came down safely. Phew!

I think it would have been better, maybe, without it. There was lots going on, and if she had fallen, and got injured, which thankfully she didn't, that would have been just dreadful. Did Vito get a bit carried away, I wonder, in including that lift?

Reactions: 4
I’m still holding out for a Vito, Nikita and Carlos tour.

All the lifts that Ellie did felt quite cheerleader like and didn’t Vito say at the very beginning that it was he thought she looked like. He went all in with that theme.

Reactions: 10
This is lovely, from the runner for Ellie and Vito + Layton and Nikita. They all seem so close. Scroll for Johannes saying 'where is the Prosecco?' and Vito tucking into his 3kg tub of Nutella while Ellie trails behind with all his gear!

Johannes is me on Christmas morning!

Those tracksuit bottoms looking good on Vito 🍑 🍑

Absolutely 💯 Considering the show prides itself on inclusivity, it's not exactly inclusive to laud celebs (who they have invited on) as being 'what this show is all about', and allow others celebs (who they have also invited on) to shoulder torrents of abuse because they're 'not what the show is all about'. It's just giving ammunition to online bullies for one thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve lurked here but never posted. My thoughts on this series are that Ellie deserved to win, she started as a beginner and blossomed. She did so well.

Layton, great dancer but that’s it, he’s a professional dancer. It was like Gordon Ramsey entering Masterchef. Ellie deserved the win in my eyes.

Bobby saying Diane was like family and pulling a very sad face, I think he has feelings for her. Bless him, he’s so young. Lovely young man. Diane seemed very upset it was their last dance together.

If Ellie and Vito don’t announce they’re together, marry and have babies I’ll lose all faith in love. They’re so alike and a gorgeous couple 🤣💜

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I agree with everything there , I do think aswel that on Saturday night we heard a few truth bombs from the judges some obvious (Craig ) but some a bit more subtle .

When Shirley said loud and clear 'The true spirit of strictly are the non dancers and how deserving they are to be in the final and they are what strictly is all about'

That was Shirley saying her true feelings on the show and If youre Nigel and to some extent Layton hearing that is going to answer a lot of questions.

Nigel for Shirley was a step to far.
Layton for many was a step to far .
They weren't what strictly is all about .

(ETA - Not my feelings personally, but a lot of people are purest and so is a certain judge who loves young, untrained, untapped potential and then watching them grow into stars .
If you fall massively outside of that and are asked to do the show you better brace yourself hard )
Shirley's son won with Charlie DAmilio, a trained dancer and she was all over her like a rash, can't be one rule for one and another for another, she was bang on with the rest of her comments for me this season though

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I wouldn't be sad if La Ballas left.

I have found her insufferable during this series. Mad over marking and way too harsh in her critique of some celebs & ott with others. Also sick of her ridiculous soundbites...young lady....King of the Ballroom.... et cetera

Totally inconsistent and unfair. 🙁

Reactions: 12
When Shirley first auditioned to replace Len there was a man whose name was mooted around in the press as well, he also auditioned but obviously Shirley got the job. I know he ended up as a judge on an international version somewhere. I want to say DWTS Ireland but I might be wrong on that. Anyway he had a similar pedigree to Len, ballroom dancer turned competition judge. I wonder how it would have panned out had he got it

Reactions: 5
Did Shirley have the same problem with ringers when her son danced with them many, many times on DWTS? Hypocrite.

Even if she did object to ringers being cast on DWTS, what could/should she do about that? Demand an audience with the producers of a show she has no involvement with and give them a good ticking off? Disown her son unless he refuses dance with the ringer he's been allocated? 🤷‍♀️

that’s interesting to me given the look of complete horror on vito’s face 🤣 it was definitely the expression of a man who knew it was going (potentially) dangerously wrong.

like you say though, maybe it was just so extremely messy that it looked way worse than it actually was. i thought both of their reactions implied it was bad though!

Reactions: 8
that’s interesting to me given the look of complete horror on vito’s face 🤣 it was definitely the expression of a man who knew it was going (potentially) dangerously wrong.

like you say though, maybe it was just so extremely messy that it looked way worse than it actually was. i thought both of their reactions implied it was bad though!
Also when they went up to the Clauditorium, Gorka patted Vito on the back and gave him a thumbs up as if to say, it's all okay. Vito definitely seemed a bit shaken.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.