Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gio on the other hand was nowhere to be seen
I wonder where he went? I’m pretty sure TPTB wouldn’t be too happy with him bailing on the ‘big moment’ at the end of the show. I haven’t rewatched Saturday’s show - when was he last seen to be there?

Was it last year it looked like Graz was bollocking him during the winners’ celebration bit? Maybe he was scared it would happen again so he ran away 😁

Reactions: 7
Graz was as pleased as if he had won, himself. I didn't see on Saturday night who had Vito on their shoulders.

I rewatched most of the dances last night, plus the end and saw then who it was. 😁 He is a cheerleader for everyone, he is nearly always at the top of the stairs with a back pat or smiling cheerfully in the background of the Clauditorium.

I agree, they might have hesitated slightly over lifting Ellie. (Good job it wasn't Dianne haha) but it was lovely to see Gorka and Neil do it and they were so delighted for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yeah, I do think they were trying to give Nigel a storyline, with him having a 'breakthrough' during musicals week and then ultimately a more competitive final. But they just went about it in a really cackhanded, clumsy way and left it too late. Just shows they should stop trying to meddle and storyline bloody everything, and just give genuine scores and comments based on what they are actually seeing each week

It's what really put a downer on this series for me - just this lingering sense that however anyone danced, tptb already had a rough plan of how the evening was going to go - maybe not the exact scores and feedback, but that it was already decided who was going to have a good week and who wasn't

Not anything new with Strictly, but it just felt so much more obvious this year
I agree with everything there , I do think aswel that on Saturday night we heard a few truth bombs from the judges some obvious (Craig ) but some a bit more subtle .

When Shirley said loud and clear 'The true spirit of strictly are the non dancers and how deserving they are to be in the final and they are what strictly is all about'

That was Shirley saying her true feelings on the show and If youre Nigel and to some extent Layton hearing that is going to answer a lot of questions.

Nigel for Shirley was a step to far.
Layton for many was a step to far .
They weren't what strictly is all about .

(ETA - Not my feelings personally, but a lot of people are purest and so is a certain judge who loves young, untrained, untapped potential and then watching them grow into stars .
If you fall massively outside of that and are asked to do the show you better brace yourself hard )

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The video of Fleur and Vito is really sweet. Such genuine friends. She did well not to run on like the rest of McFly when Harry won. Let them have their moment. Like every time she interviewed them she wasn't constantly bringing up that she'd danced with him and they were mates, like Janette constantly does.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I wonder where he went? I’m pretty sure TPTB wouldn’t be too happy with him bailing on the ‘big moment’ at the end of the show. I haven’t rewatched Saturday’s show - when was he last seen to be there?

Was it last year it looked like Graz was bollocking him during the winners’ celebration bit? Maybe he was scared it would happen again so he ran away 😁
Badly timed piss?
---
I agree with everything there , I do think aswel that on Saturday night we heard a few truth bombs from the judges some obvious (Craig ) but some a bit more subtle .

When Shirley said loud and clear 'The true spirit of strictly are the non dancers and how deserving they are to be in the final and they are what strictly is all about'

That was Shirley saying her true feelings on the show and If youre Nigel and to some extent Layton hearing that is going to answer a lot of questions.

That bothers me (not just this year, every year). Strictly is about dancing - good, bad, indifferent and everything else on that scale.

It's not Strictly Come Lying About Previous Dance Experience And Coming Up With Some Half Hearted "Journey"/Hard Luck Story

That's not a slight on Ellie or any other winner (except Ore 🖕) but on the way the show is framed and the narrative it's given by the producers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Exactly.

And if that's what Strictly is about ie non dancers, well, don't invite dancers on it and then have the judges be horrible to them. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 23
As an aside I noticed Sarah the producer is heavily pregnant, so possibly she’ll take time out now? Might mean a change at the top for the next series.

Reactions: 8

Yes, Graz was telling him to go and hug Jowita whom he was dating at the time!! He had to be yelled at to do that (which should have told Jowita about the fate of their relationship), but I love Graz taking control of those situations.

This is lovely, from the runner for Ellie and Vito + Layton and Nikita. They all seem so close. Scroll for Johannes saying 'where is the Prosecco?' and Vito tucking into his 3kg tub of Nutella while Ellie trails behind with all his gear!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Badly timed piss?
---

That bothers me (not just this year, every year). Strictly is about dancing - good, bad, indifferent and everything else on that scale.

It's not Strictly Come Lying About Previous Dance Experience And Coming Up With Some Half Hearted "Journey"/Hard Luck Story

That's not a slight on Ellie or any other winner (except Ore 🖕) but on the way the show is framed and the narrative it's given by the producers.
During the final, the whole 'Ellie started off with no confidence and look at how far she's come from week 1' that they kept hammering home - just utterly bizarre and a bit gaslighty. Especially Shirley going on about how she didn't know her left from right in the first show FFS

It's like the producers felt they needed to somehow justify her win by making out like she had this massive journey from duffer to dancer. She was a good dancer from the start AND popular, which is great! It's rare a young female celeb is in that position. It just felt a bit shady and also doing Ellie a disservice too

Reactions: 21

(ETA - Not my feelings personally, but a lot of people are purest and so is a certain judge who loves young, untrained, untapped potential and then watching them grow into stars .
If you fall massively outside of that and are asked to do the show you better brace yourself hard )
That's a fair point and I do agree with Shirley. I do tend to agree with her on most things I just am not a fan of her delivery!! I think she could be less soul destroying with her criticism, she's a tougher judge than Craig when's she's not happy with something 😅

I do agree that Layton and Nigel aren't really what Strictly are about. I get that, I really do, but I am happy to have them in the competition right up until the finals because I like watching them dance!! I don't think ringers should win, but without them the early stages of the show would be unwatchable, let's be honest 🤣🤣

Imagine a full series filled with only Les Dennis's and Nikita Kanda performances 🫣

Reactions: 6
Sally on BBC Breakfast this morning talking about being on the Christmas Special … bearing in mind it’s just a one off dance and it was completed last week she apparently has the ‘Traditional Strictly rib injury’ and is asking people not to make her laugh and is still in pain.
Really, they need to stop asking celebs who have never done anything like this before to push their bodies beyond what is reasonable and feasible. There’s no wonder the ones on the main show are held together with physio tape and anti-inflammatories.

Reactions: 20
Do we think the This Morning sofa chat and lack of Ellie's own personal post so far is veering toward an exclusive 'we found love on the dancefloor' interview? Or are we going to get a big clear 'He's my BEST FRIEND' during the chat? Cast your votes here folks!

Do we think the This Morning sofa chat and lack of Ellie's own personal post so far is veering toward an exclusive 'we found love on the dancefloor' interview? Or are we going to get a big clear 'He's my BEST FRIEND' during the chat? Cast your votes here folks!
I think it will be a friends for life job! I saw Vito spent yesterday with Italian pals, so looks like they weren't together...

Reactions: 7
I wondered that too but equally Ellie might just be feeling really overwhelmed. It seemed like she started to come off SM a few weeks ago only doing quick posts to her insta account and not really interacting much. Hamza did the same last year so I wonder if Vito suggested it if she was starting to feel overwhelmed.

Vito and Ellie - Im going with best friends but you never know. Lack of personal posts I think is just down to being so exhausted and having to take everything in.

Reactions: 8
If they were to do an Exclusive I don't think they would give it to This Morning when the Mags would pay nicely for it. Now if they offer a denial that's a different thing, no need for any exclusive. But if they swerve it then I might wonder if an exclusive is on the way in the New Year.

Reactions: 3
That's a fair point and I do agree with Shirley. I do tend to agree with her on most things I just am not a fan of her delivery!! I think she could be less soul destroying with her criticism, she's a tougher judge than Craig when's she's not happy with something 😅

I do agree that Layton and Nigel aren't really what Strictly are about. I get that, I really do, but I am happy to have them in the competition right up until the finals because I like watching them dance!! I don't think ringers should win, but without them the early stages of the show would be unwatchable, let's be honest 🤣🤣

Imagine a full series filled with only Les Dennis's and Nikita Kanda performances 🫣
Shirley is very inconsistent imo. She lashed Eddie one week, with something she could have phrased very differently. There was almost the sound of a sharp intake of breath in the audience, at the time. And then handed him a wholly undeserved 10 the following week. 🧐

When she wants to, she can be good and obviously she knows her stuff but she gets too bogged down in whether or not she likes someone and whether or not she likes the pro. And makes it too obvious. She doesn't like Katya, for sure.

Speaking of Eddie, I feel Karen let him down. She stood with a face on her, like a slapped arse while in front of the judges, very much a case of 'I suppose I have to listen to this tripe'. I know she had personal stuff going on but that's kinda bad for a pro, to do, imo.

She then beamed her way through ITT after elimination. Totally different woman. Needs to be benched next time in favour of others.

Reactions: 20
Strictly has ALWAYS had people with varying degrees of dance experience ever since the first episode so I don’t agree with Shirley’s stance. She should take out her frustration on TPTB rather than the ripping the contestants a new one. I did think that them trying to rewrite history to make Ellie a ‘worthy’ winner was tit considering they knew the vile tit that Layton was getting.

Bobby, Ellie and Layton all had identical 1st week scores with Annabel only 1 point behind them. I think that probably says more about the judges random scoring and scoring favourites higher. I think Bobby was always over marked from week 1 which meant when he did start improving his scores were too high. There is no way he should have scored higher than Ellie in the final.

Reactions: 15
If they were to do an Exclusive I don't think they would give it to This Morning when the Mags would nicely for it. Now if they offer a denial that's a different thing, no need for any exclusive. But if they swerve it then I might wonder if an exclusive is on the way in the New Year.
I don't think they are together - wouldn't they have spent yesterday together? Hopefully they are on the same page: I thought when Ellie said tearfully on Saturday's VT 'I don't think words can describe how much he means to me' it sounded like she had really fallen.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.