Strictly Come dancing 2023 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think you will get a denial but I also don’t think an exclusive in the new year. Strictly must be a really intense experience and heighten any feelings - if there is more than friendship, may wait until after everything has died down. Vito has probably learned from his Italian Strictly experience.

Reactions: 9
I wondered that too but equally Ellie might just be feeling really overwhelmed. It seemed like she started to come off SM a few weeks ago only doing quick posts to her insta account and not really interacting much. Hamza did the same last year so I wonder if Vito suggested it if she was starting to feel overwhelmed.
IMO too many People read into social media to much, make to many assumptions and scenario's based on posting or not posting,

Reactions: 7
That's a fair point and I do agree with Shirley. I do tend to agree with her on most things I just am not a fan of her delivery!! I think she could be less soul destroying with her criticism, she's a tougher judge than Craig when's she's not happy with something 😅

I do agree that Layton and Nigel aren't really what Strictly are about. I get that, I really do, but I am happy to have them in the competition right up until the finals because I like watching them dance!! I don't think ringers should win, but without them the early stages of the show would be unwatchable, let's be honest 🤣🤣

Imagine a full series filled with only Les Dennis's and Nikita Kanda performances 🫣
Yeah its a fair point shared by many, the thing is regarding Shirley they can't all be young untrained, inhibited shy boys who don't think dance is for them and then twelve weeks later and under her head judging skills and her guidance they then bloom into kings of the dance floor.

Viewers want to see other things aswell, Shirl .
imagine youre a thirtysomething viewer and when you were a teenager you fell for your favorite telly actor and you know he can dance and perform but that's just not what he does on TV then he lands on Strictly and finally they get the happiness of seeing him as a dancer, on screen for the first time ever or there's a young gay guy in his twenties who watches scd and wants a show favorite that represents the way he lives his life, that brings them joy .

I don't know its tricky and a minefield but I will say I have appreciated Motsi and Craig more than ever this year X

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Honestly if I was Ellie I'd have spent all yesterday sleeping. She's probably knackered and needs a few days to recover and process things.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Honestly if I was Ellie I'd have spent all yesterday sleeping. She's probably knackered and needs a few days to recover and process things.
I get the impression Ellie is a grounded likeable young Lady, not the type to be full of herself, I heard her say on This Morning she spent yesterday in bed then went out for a meal with her family

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I can’t remember what usually happens but they’re probably both on the promo/winners interviews rounds this week together so yesterday was probably the only “day off” before Christmas. Ellie said she spent it in bed which I’m not surprised, she must be knackered from all the training, the emotions and the 3.30am departure from the wrap party 😂

Reactions: 10
Shirley is very inconsistent imo. She lashed Eddie one week, with something she could have phrased very differently. There was almost the sound of a sharp intake of breath in the audience, at the time. And then handed him a wholly undeserved 10 the following week. 🧐

When she wants to, she can be good and obviously she knows her stuff but she gets too bogged down in whether or not she likes someone and whether or not she likes the pro. And makes it too obvious. She doesn't like Katya, for sure.

Speaking of Eddie, I feel Karen let him down. She stood with a face on her, like a slapped arse while in front of the judges, very much a case of 'I suppose I have to listen to this tripe'. I know she had personal stuff going on but that's kinda bad for a pro, to do, imo.

She then beamed her way through ITT after elimination. Totally different woman. Needs to be benched next time in favour of others.
Eddie was a truly lovely man imo but sadly he wasn't a young man, his fate was sealed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
After multiple rewatches I believe that Layton and Nikita’s show dance is my favourite show dance ever. Everything about it was perfect for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well Nikita jumped on a plane last night. I hope it was a last minute break and that he hadn’t booked in advance knowing they wouldn’t win 😔

Reactions: 1
Well Nikita jumped on a plane last night. I hope it was a last minute break and that he hadn’t booked in advance knowing they wouldn’t win 😔
Actually this is an interesting point because Dianne was always going to Aus yesterday (or had it planned for a while at least) so if they had won there would be no winners interviews? I’m surprised they don’t have to keep the few days after the final free just in case as part of their contracts

Reactions: 10
I see Kai is taking a leaf from Fannyrat’s book, his followers leapt a neat 1k on Saturday night and another neat 1k overnight.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Actually this is an interesting point because Dianne was always going to Aus yesterday (or had it planned for a while at least) so if they had won there would be no winners interviews? I’m surprised they don’t have to keep the few days after the final free just in case as part of their contracts
I would be surprised if they didn’t have to be available for winners interviews after the show.

I would be surprised if they didn’t have to be available for winners interviews after the show.
I don't think Hamza did any last year? I remember it being discussed. So it is probably optional...

Reactions: 8
I don’t think you will get a denial but I also don’t think an exclusive in the new year. Strictly must be a really intense experience and heighten any feelings - if there is more than friendship, may wait until after everything has died down. Vito has probably learned from his Italian Strictly experience.
I think I'm basing it on Joe and Dianne, who 'came out' with their 'better than the glitterball' post as a couple within days of the final being done, maybe even the Sunday night iirc? I'm sure whatever the case there is a press team working hard to guide them through the best optics to deal with it after the intensity of the show itself.

Reactions: 3
Did Shirley have the same problem with ringers when her son danced with them many, many times on DWTS? Hypocrite.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think the producers need to decide and clarify "what Strictly is all about" and make sure the judges are on the same page with whatever that may be.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.