Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Graz lifted Zara a lot during their time in Strictly 😁 and did that lift from last night, in one of their dances, as far as I remember.

It looked great, but the difference between a professional dancer doing THE LIFT and Bobby - who just in case you didn't know never danced before 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 - was always going to be vast.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I want Layton and Nikita to win, I will accept Ellie and Vito winning. I just can't deal with Bobby and Dianne winning, actually I can't deal with Dianne winning. Bobby is basically harmless, just the least good dancer and it's Dianne that makes the pairing insufferable.

• Heart

BDY_97

VIP Member
Am I the only one who doesn’t even get a slight hint that Ellie and Vito are dating? Every time I see Vito he’s being affectionate with the female pros & celebs, I remember last year Molly posted a video where she jumped into his arms with her legs around his waist and I was thinking hang on… 😂 That’s obviously just how he is.

To me they are just really good friends and I think sometimes that’s better than a potentially failed romance/fling. I’m literally getting more and more deja vu with every article lol, it’s pretty much a copy and paste of the rubbish they put out about AJ and Kai.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
OK I might be going doolally ( doolally ? do people even say that anymore ? ) BUT I was looking at Vito and Ellie's faces and they look alike ! Their features are very similar imho ! Please scrutinise them closely and see what you think ! So I'm thinking that there IS something going on between them because don't we fall for people who we look like ( albeit subconsciously) ? I'm off for a lie down and wait for the men in white coats to come for me .......... 👨‍⚕️👨‍⚕️🚑

• Haha

Boogs

VIP Member
I’d like Johannes to have a strong contender next year.
I’d like Johannes to have someone who is fun, emotionally stable and hasn’t had any recent major trauma. I feel he is so empathic that he will experience vicarious trauma. Give him someone fun and lighthearted so he can live his best life!

Reactions: 18

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I think the producers need to decide and clarify "what Strictly is all about" and make sure the judges are on the same page with whatever that may be.

• Heart

louseylou

VIP Member
I think Graz and Zara could stay friends. Graz and Arduino did a dance class last Sunday I think it was and Zara went to it and brought her brother. Thing with Graz is, when he's not working in the UK he lives in Italy. The UK is not his home like it is for the other pros so I could see it being a bit harder for him to stay good friends with some of his partners.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Poor Katya's face there... 💔 I'm absolutely devastated for her that her first contender in 6 years' journey ended like that, on top of all the harsh critique and undermarking. And the third time she's had to withdraw from the competition as well! It didn't matter so much with Tony or Nicola as they were never lasting more than another week at best anyway, but Nigel could have won. The final was so much lesser without them.

I noticed last week she ducked out of the camera shot when Layton and Nikita got their 40 for their Charleston and she seemed to be teary/trying to compose herself and hiding behind the other pros pretty much the whole night. My heart just broke for her having to stand there and try to look cheerful all night. :cry:

Poor Nigel as well. The judges harping on every little mistake, obviously not helping his nerves and making him more likely to make them instead of giving feedback that would help him improve. Not a single 10, even for the no rules CC, in the same series as Shirley's ridiculous 10 for Eddie's. Then he has to withdraw with an obviously very painful injury on the day of the show after working so hard all week on yet another comeback dance. I do wonder if they were trying to help him by giving him a journey after he was the favourite to win after the first show, but if so it went a step too far at Blackpool imo. And what a ridiculous way to get injured as well, the producers shoving some stupid stunt into a routine just to justify the stupid backing dancers in Musicals Week, who rarely add anything to a dance - 90% of the time you either don't notice them or they're just in the damn way.

I think Nigel got a little overshadowed by some of the bigger personalities, but I realised how much I felt his absence from the show in that little interview with Amy when his and Adam's bit was probably the only memorable bit of chat with the past contestants. 'What have you taken away from Strictly?' 'Mostly food from the catering truck.' 🤣
Yeah, I do think they were trying to give Nigel a storyline, with him having a 'breakthrough' during musicals week and then ultimately a more competitive final. But they just went about it in a really cackhanded, clumsy way and left it too late. Just shows they should stop trying to meddle and storyline bloody everything, and just give genuine scores and comments based on what they are actually seeing each week

It's what really put a downer on this series for me - just this lingering sense that however anyone danced, tptb already had a rough plan of how the evening was going to go - maybe not the exact scores and feedback, but that it was already decided who was going to have a good week and who wasn't

Not anything new with Strictly, but it just felt so much more obvious this year

shugabug23

Chatty Member
Doing a little final rewatch No judgement… I’ve had 92 straight days of Strictly/ Results show/ ITT, I need weaning off it slowly! and I’m a Gorka Stan 4eva ✌🏻so am always looking out! I noticed a hand slap to Vito at the end of the opening dance and then this… 🥰🥰🥰 the bromance I never imagined!

Attachments

• Heart

Ditzymama28

VIP Member
Awww another Strictly series over 😢
Congrats to Ellie and Vito 🤩 ...if I'm honest would've preferred Layton to have won after absolutely smashing it tonight with almost perfect score from judges 💫
Been a pleasure to tattle with you lovelies every weekend 😁

• Heart