Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fear Nigel’s departure increases chances of a knobby win and that can’t be good news.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Would having a 3 person semi final create some problems in terms of who'd end up in the DO, as they could potentially all end up with the same score? Or if it would be impossible for the lowest scorer to avoid the DO? (Sorry, my maths is shite and I can't work it out)
Technically there has to be at least a chance that someone can avoid the dance off … you are being asked to vote(/pay in some cases) to avoid that so it has to be at least mathematically possible

celeb x 3 points/1 from viewers = 4
celeb y 2 points/ 2 from viewers = 4
celeb z 1 point/3 from Viewers = 4

in that case, celeb x and y would be in the dance off and celeb z avoid it due to higher viewer vote tie breaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Feeling a little glum, think I might need a glass of wine to recover. At least I won't be splitting my votes between Nigel and Layton now.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I fear Nigel’s departure increases chances of a knobby win and that can’t be good news.
not a chance in hell 🤣 he was second favourite to leave after nigel so if there is an elimination tonight he’s probably gone, if there’s no elimination then they are just prolonging the inevitable. ellie will win and annabel will be the only one to challenge her. i’m going to be rooting for layton and ellie all the way now.

Reactions: 8
Feeling a little glum, think I might need a glass of wine to recover. At least I won't be splitting my votes between Nigel and Layton now.
I’m just going to employ my usual Saturday routine of getting twatted on rum and slagging people off. Always makes me feel better.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
They shouldn’t have an elimination this week. Two person final will be the ultimate bleeping crap. Actually given this whole series has been a bag of shite it’s the perfect finale

Gutted for them both. So sad- I thought musical week would be their chance to really shine.

Reactions: 16
Why are there no contingencies for injuries and celebs who leave for other reasons,?
---
Amanda A left very early on - they should have not had an elimination that week

Reactions: 20
I'm still gutted. I'm not watching anymore but I'll totally be throwing my votes at Layton instead when I hear the voting is open.

Reactions: 10
Well imagine the nightmare of a 2 person final of Bobby and Annabel.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
If it's a 2 person final it will be the most boring, anti-climatic final ever (even more than John/Rose). Might as well just give Ellie the trophy now.

Reactions: 7
aw i’m gutted :(

it must have happened so fast: katya literally only posted on insta like here we go! a few hours ago. i hope he’s okay.

please no please no to a two person final.
Thank you so much lovely LaBlonde for that kind message on the previous thread ♥
(I was in the middle of replying to you when the thread closed)

We now have to manifest a speedy recovery for Nigel instead of for a place in the final 🙏

Hope anyone else here who might be feeling a bit low is doing ok @jfletcher
sending you a hug too x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I fear the BBC are just going to press ahead with an elimination as they have never not had one. It seems really stupid. It was only luck last year that Kym didn't drop out, and the previous year could easily have been a 1-person final (both Ugo and Judi performed when clearly not right so as to keep things going). A 3-person final is ok and that should be the absolute minimum.

I fear the BBC are just going to press ahead with an elimination as they have never not had one. It seems really stupid. It was only luck last year that Kym didn't drop out, and the previous year could easily have been a 1-person final (both Ugo and Judi performed when clearly not right so as to keep things going). A 3-person final is ok and that should be the absolute minimum.
To be fair this year, it was touch and go with Jody.

Reactions: 4
Would having a 3 person semi final create some problems in terms of who'd end up in the DO, as they could potentially all end up with the same score? Or if it would be impossible for the lowest scorer to avoid the DO? (Sorry, my maths is shite and I can't work it out)
My maths is tit too, this probably isn't all possible leaderboard combinations but it still seems to be possible for the lowest to avoid the dance-off whether there are ties or not.

3 + 3 = 6
2 + 1 = 3
1 + 2 = 3

3 + 2 = 5
2 + 1 = 3
1 + 3 = 4

3 + 1 = 4
2 + 2 = 4
1 + 3 = 4

3 + 3 = 6
3 + 2 = 5
2 + 1 = 3

3 + 1 = 4
3 + 2 = 5
2 + 3 = 5

I think top of the public vote is the only way to escape in a 3 person semi-final. A Layton vs Ellie DO is now possible if Annabel tops the vote...

abell46s-abell46sss.gif

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Well imagine the nightmare of a 2 person final of Bobby and Annabel.
Bobby would have to project Jade may she rest in peace’s face onto the dancefloor to win sob story warz.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I want to see what the ratings of that final would be!
It would be every single Tory in middle England.

Anyway not to worry about filling time, Gio and Amanda have mended their differences and agreed to come back for one night only and perform their celebrated Vadge Lift

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I fear the BBC are just going to press ahead with an elimination as they have never not had one.
Someone suggested on the previous thread that they might do a "Surprise, you're both through", like DWTS did recently. It sounds a bit too gimmicky and cruel for Strictly...but I wondered if they might do their own take on it: announce on the show that the judges will get the choice about whether to save both, but stress that they may well choose to save only one, so that's why it's still important to vote for your fave.

I still think it's probably unlikely...but it would be in keeping with why BBC are mysteriously refusing to confirm either way that there will be an elimination, saying instead that there will be an announcement on the show tonight.

Reactions: 2
I just said on the old thread that my mum has said that Nigel has probably ‘just had enough and told them to piss off’😂
I agree with your Mum. There has been an obvious dynamic change since Blackpool, it’s manipulating Annabel to win.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.