Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a big difference between beginners, those with a little dance experience and those who dance better than the pros. Personally I like watching the likes of Krishnan, Davood, Chris Ramsey, Ramps etc every week. By having someone who is as superb as Leyton it takes a final or semi final from those who are learning from scratch not Les Dennis, Jackie Smith, types
chris ramsey legitimately did one of my favourite ever pasos 🤣

i think the way they do it now probably works best for everyone with the mix they have. a line up of just one group would become boring on any front (even a lineup of just ringers). though, for me personally, my patience does start to run out with a krishnan type once we get into the final few weeks and i do always think that the final (as much as it can) should have the best dancers in it. but that’s just me being a bit mean maybe.
---
Trigger warning ⚠ Vito in braces.
is layton…… twerking while doing a handstand 👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 5
actually i’m gonna post the chris ramsey paso here 🤣 the music almost certainly elevates it and the lighting is great, but it’s also a pretty well done dance on his part imo. i love it:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is Not How's Trish AJ that successful? She came up on an ad for Royal chuffing Match on my phone the other day.
'How's Trish AJ' is AJ Pritchard, former Strictly male pro.

AJ Odudu is the successful AJ 😁 who was partnered by Kai when she participated in Strictly. Such a shame that she got injured.

Reactions: 2
There’s a big difference between beginners, those with a little dance experience and those who dance better than the pros. Personally I like watching the likes of Krishnan, Davood, Chris Ramsey, Ramps etc every week. By having someone who is as superb as Leyton it takes a final or semi final from those who are learning from scratch not Les Dennis, Jackie Smith, types
I'm not sure Davood belongs on the same level as Krishnan and Chris 😂

I agree that I feel bad for the best of the non-ringers missing a spot in the final when there are too many ringers in one series, but so long as the balance is right, I much prefer one or two ringers over none.

In Dancing on Ice the year Brendan did it, I think they got the balance wrong. Having three professional dancers all predictably get the final did feel quite unfair to the best of the non-ringers, who would have deservedly made the final in another year. But that's on the casting director, not the ringers. I just think one of them should have competed in a different year, rather than thinking none of them should have been there. The show would have been pretty boring without their performances. And if none of the actual ringers were there, then the next best one who everyone (including me) cried 'unfair' at going out in the semi final, would have instead been seen as the ringer who shouldn't be there, so the argument is completely pointless.

If Layton wasn't there, Nigel, Amanda and/or Angela S would take the ringer flak instead. If TPTB listened to the anti-ringer complaints and didn't cast anyone with professional dance experience, then, guess what, Ellie's the next one with some experience who's miles better than everyone else, so even if all she's had was a few ballet lessons as a child, she'd be considered the dirty, filthy ringer ruining a good time for everyone else.

There's no way you could ever appease viewers who are staunchly against ringers because the goalposts would always move. Tbh I was a bit surprised that John didn't get more flak. In a series without any actual ringers, I did expect his having done ballet as a child would have resulted in a lot less audience support. I was nearly going to go 'oops, disproved my own hypothesis that the audience would turn on the best non-ringer if there were no actual ringers', but oh wait a minute, forgot about poor old Rhys, that's right, he's the one who got the ringer label and repeated dance offs because he'd done some street dance or something.

tldr: the audience loves to hate a ringer and if there isn't one they'll find one. If you take the best dancer away, the next best would get the 'it's not fair' complaints instead. And eventually you'd be left with nothing but 15 Les Dennises stumbling around the floor and no one would watch. IMO the only way ringers being there would genuinely be unfair would be if they had say, Layton, Ashley, Danny and Alexandra all in one series with no one else standing a chance of making the final.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
'How's Trish AJ' is AJ Pritchard, former Strictly male pro.

AJ Odudu is the successful AJ 😁 who was partnered by Kai when she participated in Strictly. Such a shame that she got injured.

Yeah I know. That's why I called her Not How's Trish AJ!

I don't see her as a household name tbh - if you lined up 10 random people and asked if they knew who AJ Odudu was, I reckon maybe 3 or 4 would know. I really don't rate her presenting either.

Is Not How's Trish AJ that successful? She came up on an ad for Royal chuffing Match on my phone the other day.

I thought the folk doing those ads must be pretty desperate, then someone told me that they get a FORTUNE for them! 🤑🤑🤑

I assumed the Simon Cowell one was a fake, but they pay up to seven figures!

• Wow

I don't see her as a household name tbh - if you lined up 10 random people and asked if they knew who AJ Odudu was, I reckon maybe 3 or 4 would know. I really don't rate her presenting either.
Sorry 😁. I got confused.

@diamondthunder Re Davood, I was watching an old Gogglebox recently that featured one of his dances. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

She’s presenting Big Brother atm, and she is excruciatingly bad.

• Haha
Considering only the top itv presenters are doing those ads, she’s obviously pretty high up. Plus presenting Big Brother…at 500k. Even the Daily Mail reported the other day she was one of the most successful celebs ever to benefit from being on Strictly.

Reactions: 2
actually i’m gonna post the chris ramsey paso here 🤣 the music almost certainly elevates it and the lighting is great, but it’s also a pretty well done dance on his part imo. i love it:

Aw, I loved this, too. It was the best dance he did.

• Heart
She’s presenting Big Brother atm, and she is excruciatingly bad.
She’s definitely got better and better as it’s been on. The episode the other night with Fleur and Charlene White was actually excellent, and seemed to go down very well on twitter.

Reactions: 3
Janette just cannot sell a joke - she either laughs all over the end of it or there's a kind of awkward 'whomp whomp' moment at the end.

Krishnan is so sweet. Not sure about this samba technique mind. Lauren is so gorgeous.

The other pros are like 'Michelle who?'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.