Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LadyLav has graciously complimented Ellie, but strangely, it appears she danced on her own!

Ellie's American Smooth was a highlight, wasn't it? Really enjoyed it, Ellie is very accomplished and had a beautiful dress this week. There was something strange about the lead in to the final lift, I wondered if they choreographed that as a floor spin but changed it to the lift we saw during the week? Floor spins can put a big strain on the arm and lateral muscles....

• Haha
Reactions: 17

I wonder if there was a whole separate vt filmed for if Nikita couldn't dance last night. It looks like it was really touch and go. It must have been hard when they've really focused on sorting his feet, particularly with Nikita not dancing and just closely watching as Layton drilled it over and over, to still get comments about them like they didn't try hard enough. Old habits die hard I guess and his training serves him but also does him a disservice at the same time.

Reactions: 21
I went down an Adam Thomas wedding rabbit hole. I was wrong their first dance was to Dancing On My Own. Weird.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
LadyLav has graciously complimented Ellie, but strangely, it appears she danced on her own!
Where would we be without DS? It’s a passive aggressive delight. Case in point, a comment from a Bobby and Dianne fan who felt the need to use five of that particularly patronising smiley face to emphasise their point:
IMG_0518.jpeg

While I’m Team Nigel, I will enjoy Gio and Lady Lav’s joint reaction if Ellie and Vito win.

• Haha
As couples go, they’re so attractive I daren’t look directly at them. 🙈
I’m slightly concerned that with her recent increase in social media use that she is trying to use Nikita to make a name for herself. Having said that if I was bleeping Nikita I’d get his face tattooed on me so fair play to her showing him off the lucky witch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
When will Strictly see sense and get 4 times ( in a row ) DWTS winner Pasquale on board? He’s 4 weeks into the new Italy season and he’s 🔥

• Heart
Reactions: 4
When will Strictly see sense and get 4 times ( in a row ) DWTS winner Pasquale on board? He’s 4 weeks into the new Italy season and he’s 🔥
They don't take on pros in their mid 30s. Also might not fit the cast since Vito is a similar type and they also have Gio & Graz from Italy.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I like Pasquale but he is definitely too old for Strictly now, even if Gio did leave and they wanted another Italian in..

I am sure Pasquale would love to leave batshit Ballando: maybe he could smuggle Graz's wife and Nikita's sister out while he's at it,
Ballando is currently making Les Dennis look like Carlos Acosta (this routine got 35 out of 50!).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I like Pasquale but he is definitely too old for Strictly now, even if Gio did leave and they wanted another Italian in..

I am sure Pasquale would love to leave batshit Ballando: maybe he could smuggle Graz's wife and Nikita's sister out while he's at it,
Ballando is currently making Les Dennis look like Carlos Acosta (this routine got 35 out of 50!).
Oh dearie me! 🤣

Jesus Christ! No wonder the Italian pros all come over here if that’s their production quality and a dance like that scored that high. Looks like a woman leading her blind grandad that’s had a stroke round the stage 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Wtf 😭 does the guy even know where he is?! I didn't think anyone could be worse than Anne Widdecombe. Even absolutely terrible dancers still deserve a 1 or 2 out of 10 just for turning up and trying but that's a genuine 0/10. 35/50 is bonkers.

I wonder if there was a whole separate vt filmed for if Nikita couldn't dance last night. It looks like it was really touch and go. It must have been hard when they've really focused on sorting his feet, particularly with Nikita not dancing and just closely watching as Layton drilled it over and over, to still get comments about them like they didn't try hard enough. Old habits die hard I guess and his training serves him but also does him a disservice at the same time.
Wow his gf is stunning!

Re Layton, I’m in the minority that isn’t super taken with him. Like I know he’s objectively the best dancer by a mile but something’s missing for me. It’s exactly how I felt about Ashley Roberts as well. It’s not a ringer thing either cos I loved Alexandra and Maisie - I think we just connect with certain contestants, and others less so.

Wow his gf is stunning!

Re Layton, I’m in the minority that isn’t super taken with him. Like I know he’s objectively the best dancer by a mile but something’s missing for me. It’s exactly how I felt about Ashley Roberts as well. It’s not a ringer thing either cos I loved Alexandra and Maisie - I think we just connect with certain contestants, and others less so.
I'm not keen on Layton either. I liked him on week one but I feel like it's the same show offy dance every week now. Of course the choreography should play to the celebrity's strengths and they should get to showcase their talent & personality, but there needs to be a balance where they don't stray too far from the style of each dance. That's where Layton is going wrong imo. But it can't all be blamed on him, it's the choreographers really.

Reactions: 17

please delete this private footage of me dancing 🥲 x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.