Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PrincessJeanie

VIP Member
Haven’t been on here for ages so could be repeating something already asked but wondered when do they start picking celebs for this year's program and has anyone heard any rumours yet?

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Written might be pushing it, her name is certainly on the cover.
i hope the recipes aren’t too challenging. From Joe’s stint as a guest judge on Great British Menu you got the impression that unless food is orange, fried or both it’s a complete revelation to him.

(which is a bit niggling to me. All the opportunities they have for travel and to experience different things and you get the impression they are sat in the local ‘traditional English Pub’ having chicken nuggets and chips. Such a waste).

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Her campaign? Shes been quite open about having been asked before and turning it down.
I don’t follow her that closely tbh, I’ve just seen her hanging out with strictly people and on ITT etc and thought she seemed keen. Apparently not then.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
What a strange headline - he saw his folks last Christmas (I guess they are going with the idea that it was the first birthday he spent at home for a long time..)

Was the tv programme recorded last year (so before last Christmas) so that reunion on screen was probably their first reunion in years?

glasgow27

VIP Member
Last few days of February and still no sign of any pro departures. Oti & Pasha had done theirs by now. Still got time.

glasgow27

VIP Member
May as well add Len to the list now he’s quit DWTS. We all remember his top presenting skills on Partners In Rhyme?

BDY_97

VIP Member
Surely we should be hearing about the pros soon? Usually by now any departures have started to be announced, although last year the new pros weren’t announced until a lot later than usual. I’m pretty sure it’s usually March but I definitely remember it being later last year, I originally had a feeling Karen and maybe Gio would go but I don’t think we will see any departures this year.

Tiggy23

I'm not sure - others (Carlos, for example) seem to stay here all the time. Graz has a different set-up anyway, as he seems basically based in Italy where his wife's family and all their friends are. It was more a point about identity - as you say, I don't think Gio is very connected to Italy, bar Gola, but it's where the money is. He's also been here a long time, and doesn't spend much time there, so maybe it feels quite remote to him.
Not sure about that. He did not leave Italy until he was offered Strictly in 2015 and does anyone know how many times he went home before lockdown? I read he spent last Xmas at home but he does seem to be very work oriented, always on the road or working in some way. As he said to Anton, their 'jobs' could go overnight, being a dancer is not for the elderly. What is James Jordan or Brendon Cole doing these days I wonder..

fluffycow172

Anyone else think its a bit off that they haven’t announced the pro lineup yet?? I’m pretty sure last year they had given it a week between announcing Oti and Aljaz to announcing the pros but as far as I can remember its always been done by now especially when no one has left??

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Some of it cringe, but overall I actually thought they were quite sweet together and enjoyed it. Anton explaining 'budgie smuggler' to Giovanni very funny.
There was definite cringe but I did find it funny too. Some of the online comments seem to have been expecting Stanley Tucci mark 2 and it was never marketed as that. It’s light entertainment, and Sicily is just beautiful.

Gio did give me the mega-ick throughout though (aside from when he was speaking Italian, because, y’know 😆).

fluffycow172

If these kind of things came to my local theatre in the Irish countryside I’m sure they’d be sold out regardless of who it was purely because its “those dancers off the big programme on the telly”.

Not saying they’re all in small towns cause quite frankly I’ve never heard of half of them but that the only reason I can think of as to why some of these tours sell better than we think they would?

I was just reading their piece in Hello, and they said "the more we talked about it, the more we realised we'd like a little version of us. So we thought let's try, and if it happens, it happens". And they decided this after only 3 months together? :oops:

Also Neil's gazing into the distance expression here killed me 😆
I remember when he was all over the news with that girl Sienna and she said on her stories that nothing that was said in the news about them two was real. Now she’s also pregnant 😆