Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if in 10 or 20 years people will be looking back agog at just how much of the people in their life celebs shared online … kids especially who really have no say in it at all. It’s a reason why I kind of side eye Gemma and Gorka, really. its one thing to take holiday cine film of your kids to bore all your friends with back home, it’s another to post it on line and have it taken up by the tabloids. I don’t know, it’s just 🤷‍♀️
The thought of perfect strangers knowing that much about my life, family, home and movements is actually a bit scary. Lines get burred and there’s no wonder that randoms do think they are friends. Invite people in to that extent and it has potential to be awkward.
---
Stacey Dooley actually did a documentary with a family vlogging channel (Saccone Jolys) where she lived with them for a few days and she talked to the camera about understanding capturing moments but only wanting to keep it within her own circle. I'd love to know what she thinks of that family now as that was a couple of years ago and what they share now has only gotten worse in terms of not respecting their children's privacy.

Reactions: 7
Disappointing about Kai - I thought they had a good rapport and Kaye talked about how great he was with her. Maybe he just misspoke, or maybe the sensational success of his tour and advertising brogues has gone to his head.. I bet we see him with a contender this year..
His and nadiyas tour seems to be going on forever and its as if they are the only 2 dancers who have been in a couple. Saw an intetview the othet day with them where they said they dont even live together yet.
Seems so odd to have this huge tour for the 'greatest love story' etc .
Gonna be bit awkward if they fall out.

Reactions: 6
His and nadiyas tour seems to be going on forever and its as if they are the only 2 dancers who have been in a couple. Saw an intetview the othet day with them where they said they dont even live together yet.
Seems so odd to have this huge tour for the 'greatest love story' etc .
Gonna be bit awkward if they fall out.
The interviews are total overkill- ‘our magical fairytale relationship’ like, get over yourselves please.

He was very lucky to get AJ first year (Luba would like a word about crap partners please) and yes, it was shite she missed the final but others have faced similar in the past, just not at the final. It’s an enviable job in their field and he should watch he doesn’t say something he can’t take back…

ETA: Kai was fine with Kaye, but I think Gio was also SO awful with Richie that he looked awesome in comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
What?? That's disappointing if Kai is slagging off Kaye - I thought she gave it a valiant effort. She was far better than some of the other equivalent celebrities in her age group (hey Anneka).

And you've not been unlucky with partners if you've only done 2 series and 1 was with a contender. Please go talk to Anton, Karen or Katya. Or indeed your own girlfriend who hasn't made one final in six series.

@lalalandx21 I'm guessing it was this?
That thumbnail makes him look like the one BNP local election candidate who knows how to use iMovie.

Kai Widdrington’s pledges:
- More British dancers on British light entertainment shows
- Celebrating white…teeth
- Promoting morris dancing over woke European dances such as the paso doble

Don’t forget to vote Kai Widdrington on May the 4th! ✅

Disclaimer: I am not of course, suggesting that Kai is in any way affiliated with the far right, in case anyone from Facebook is reading.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
For what it's worth Kaye was asked if Kai was as nice as he comes across on tv and she said he's nicer! Kaye seems quite a switched-on realistic person especially when it comes to friendships and not one to get too swept up with the show. Of course, I'd expect all the pros to be professional but still, she seems to regard him very highly, I think he must have been really lovely with her behind the scenes.

Reactions: 5
To be fair, I reckon they'd mostly be nice. There's only one who I definitely think isn't, then of course a few others might be subjective based on a personality level. I haven't heard of any contestant who has a bad word to say about Kai.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Kai was really popular on DTWSIRL all the cast gushed about him.
I’d be shocked if he turned into a complete knob already but I suppose it could be true

Reactions: 6
Even though how’s Trish AJ was a bit of a berk outwith Strictly he seemed to get on really well with his partners and they always spoke very highly of him. He was great with Lauren who had a lot to contend with and got a lot of harsh comments.

Reactions: 4
Len Goodman has passed away at 78 after a battle with cancer, how awful.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Len Goodman has passed away at 78 after a battle with cancer, how awful.
oh no!! :(

oh len, i hope they do some lovely classic ballroom numbers (the kind he loved) for him next series. how sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Oh gosh, poor Len. It's always sad when cancer robs someone of their retirement but maybe he was happy working right to the end. RIP Len 😢

• Sad
RIP Len. Many great memories from watching him on both sides of the pond.

I hope they give him a tribute this series.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.