Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Omg the Beryls are coming for me! This comment made me laugh though as i feel it slightly overplays Tattle’s reign of terror:

‘Sad losers who thrive on hate and abuse. Hopefully they will be discovered so sorry for Giovanni and anyone else who had suffered at their hands’ 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Kai looking like a plumber that’s discovered a secret dancing talent
I sort of love him for that? Amongst all the hypercompetitive Italians, super-glam South Africans, ultra-fit Spanish/Hispanic and impossibly beautiful Ukranians, to have a bloke who looks like he's accidentally fallen through a wormhole from Scarborough circa 1954 is kind of sweet, really.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Karen still follows her ex-husband who very publicly dumped her, so Jayde must have really tested her patience or said/done something particularly horrible when she got the boot

Reactions: 19

Elleyunsun

VIP Member

This has disaster written all over it. She was on Love Island not even a year ago and now she’s going to be the (second) Mrs Jones and have a 40 year old mainchild’s actual child? Jeezo.

• Haha

lalalandx21

Chatty Member
just watched a Q&A with Kai on YouTube in which he described himself as famous and spoke on the difficulties of fame 😂😂😂😂 give me strength
---
He also said how Kaye wasnt the best celebrity partner and that he hasn’t had good luck with partners on strictly, it was a shame that AJ hurt her foot but he did luck out for his first series that he didn’t get a complete duffer who couldnt dance like he did this year. He seems a bit of an arrogant prick if you ask me.

• Wow
  • Sad

lizzolyn

VIP Member
There are people in this country can’t afford food and heating so when the judges are earning between £150 - £250k for a day and a half’s work a week, for a quarter of the year, and are asking for a pay rise then they are taking the absolute piss!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

glasgow27

VIP Member
I think there were a few reasons that Cameron didn't work.

Firstly, his dancing just wasn't up to the same standard as the other pros and he always seems out of sync. That had to raise question marks as to how he'd handle a celeb who didn't know anything about dancing.

Secondly, as others have said - a lack of social media engagement and not appearing on tours. If you're a benched pro looking for a promotion to main pro, utilising social media and getting yourself known to fans on tours are the best ways to do it.

Thirdly, he didn't fit any specific role on the show. I'd say there's four types of male pro that the show has generally stuck to - the foreign hunks (Gorka, Giovanni, Vito, Aljaž, Pasha, Artem etc), the 'homeboy' (Kai, Kevin, Darren Bennett), the pretty guy who appeals to younger viewers and dances with younger celebs (AJ, Nikita, Carlos) and then there's usually a big personality in there (for years, this was Brendan & Anton, now Johannes & Neil). Like it or not, this is a formula they've stuck to over the years and all of the successful ones have fit one of these types.

I feel genuinely sorry for him, he is very young and being so far away from home and possibly having a very negative experience can't have been a fun time. I wish him all the best and hope he finds a gig that suits him well.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
And a heartfelt plea to production to cut back on the Misery Memoire dances. It’s supposedly a bright, sparkly, feel good family Saturday evening show. I don’t want all the celebs choking back tears every week as they explain how that dance meant so much because it was dedicated to the Auntie’s milkman of her next door, because they have just lost their Guinea pig. Or was it hamster. Maybe gerbil. Something small and furry that lives in a cage anyway. Lip wobble. Wipe <non existent> tear away.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Jowita has gone to a Chris Brown concert tonight so maybe she just likes men that are trash?
Every time I see someone post about seeing him in concert, I feel like the world has gone a bit mad. How he not only still has a career but sells out stadiums is just beyond nuts to me

But anyway, that's probably for another thread

glasgow27

VIP Member
Perhaps a rota of guest presenters?

Week 1 - Jayde
Week 2 - Tom Fletcher
Week 3 - Neil
Week 4 - Joe Sugg & Dianne
Week 5 - Stacey Dooley & Kevin Cliffon
And so on…

• Haha
  • Sick

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Yikes, I guess best wishes to all on the birth of Cling Film Jr. Lots of good wishes from SCD pros on his post.

So many pearls in this! She is 13 weeks pregnant so basically got knocked up a few months after meeting.

‘I’d already planned to ask Chyna to marry me before I found out she was pregnant…’

• Haha

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Karen still follows her ex-husband who very publicly dumped her, so Jayde must have really tested her patience or said/done something particularly horrible when she got the boot
Jayde seems to do nothing but test people’s patience and say and do horrible things to be fair. I also think Karen is past the stage of giving many fucks about many things that aren’t important to her and I admire her for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Get shut of them all. There is a cost of living crisis, the BBC are skint and they all earn more than enough money to sit chatting rubbish one night a week. It's not like they are a pro dancer doing six long days a week or even a BGT judge who has to travel all over the country to do long audition days. They have it easy and should be grateful for the publicity being on the show brings them and the opportunities they get elsewhere simply through their association with Strictly. They would be daft to burn their bridges by being greedy.

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I do find it slightly irritating that Anton and Gio can do a stage show together and some sort of bro-travelogue and the only comments are ahhh, isn’t it great that they’re such good friends when Motsi could barely look at Oti without being accused of being biased. I want Shirley to go on a mini-break with Luba and watch the sky fall in.

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I can't see them putting a novice presenter (Aljaz) in with one who is still finding their feet. You need someone quick on their feet who can go off-script when needed not just be a nodding dog. I remember last season when on the last ITT Vito was weeping for most of the segment and Rylan made a joke about spaghetti to lighten the tension..

Mayve a revolving door of Gio's ex-partners who don't speak to him? Ranvir, Richie, Georgia and Laura could all hold down the fort I'm sure.
Likewise with AJ and Kai when they couldn't compete in the final due to her injury, and they were naturally very disappointed, Rylan was superb with them. Got the tone exactly right.

I also think nobody except Rylan could have dealt with Jayde so diplomatically after she was eliminated. Again, got the tone just right.

He gets the best out of people, I loved his interviews with Matt Goss, Matt was totally relaxed with him.
He and Tony also were like old friends in their chats on ITT.

Rylan has natural talent as well as working hard, he makes presenting look so easy and has the ability to go with whatever is said or done on the show.

A hard act to follow, imo.

• Heart

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Slightly OT, but I lurk sometimes on the Carrie Hope Fletcher threads (sister of our favourite Tom Fletcher) and she’s just eloped with no family or friends present and it dawned on me that he dedicated that entire Les Mis contempowaft shitshow to her and she didn’t even invite him to her wedding 😆💀

• Haha