Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just watched a Q&A with Kai on YouTube in which he described himself as famous and spoke on the difficulties of fame 😂😂😂😂 give me strength
---
He also said how Kaye wasnt the best celebrity partner and that he hasn’t had good luck with partners on strictly, it was a shame that AJ hurt her foot but he did luck out for his first series that he didn’t get a complete duffer who couldnt dance like he did this year. He seems a bit of an arrogant prick if you ask me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
just watched a Q&A with Kai on YouTube in which he described himself as famous and spoke on the difficulties of fame 😂😂😂😂 give me strength
---
He also said how Kaye wasnt the best celebrity partner and that he hasn’t had good luck with partners on strictly, it was a shame that AJ hurt her foot but he did luck out for his first series that he didn’t get a complete duffer who couldnt dance like he did this year. He seems a bit of an arrogant prick if you ask me.
Mans got the blandest face going, he would not stand out on any street. Not like some of the pros with really recognisable faces. He can surely walk down the street mostly unnoticed by any but the biggest of Strictly fans.

Reactions: 11
Mans got the blandest face going, he would not stand out on any street. Not like some of the pros with really recognisable faces. He can surely walk down the street mostly unnoticed by any but the biggest of Strictly fans.
Apparently a woman in a pub didn’t believe it was him when she asked if he was who he was. Man thinks he’s leonardo dicaprio
---
On another note, I just love Gemma Atkinson. Her and Gorka make a fantastic couple
---
I'd like the win for Karen just because she is a kind, vibrant woman who always seems well respected and liked. When she gets going, she's such a dynamic and interesting dancer. Also, I truly think Karen and Katya are the only female pros who are all about their partner and willing to take risks or steps back to showcase them.

But yeah, also because it would be huuuuuuge slap in the face to the awful Jayde 😁
I love Karen
I'd like the win for Karen just because she is a kind, vibrant woman who always seems well respected and liked. When she gets going, she's such a dynamic and interesting dancer. Also, I truly think Karen and Katya are the only female pros who are all about their partner and willing to take risks or steps back to showcase them.

But yeah, also because it would be huuuuuuge slap in the face to the awful Jayde 😁
Karen is a firm favourite of mine, so unassuming and a brilliant dancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
---
this actually makes me kinda sad (re his comments about kaye) - i thought he seemed genuinely lovely with her.

also “hasn’t had good luck with partners”?!? mate, you’ve done two series and on your first one you technically got to the final. go and talk to anton.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
this actually makes me kinda sad (re his comments about kaye) - i thought he seemed genuinely lovely with her.

also “hasn’t had good luck with partners”?!? mate, you’ve done two series and on your first one you technically got to the final. go and talk to anton.
I agree, Kaye lacked confidence and tried for him, shes a woman of age and gave it her best next to a 27 year old world champion. I felt like he didn’t try with her to be honest.

Reactions: 10
---
Can you link this video?

Reactions: 1
Absolutely- Janette's just done some sort of Disney promo so I have a feeling she might go full blown mummy blogger. I do really like Janette, it just makes me sad that this stuff has become so normal now people can't seem to see that it's weird. As annoying as Stacey and Kevin are, I respect that they've decided not to show their daughters face on SM. Nadiya doesn't either
I wonder if in 10 or 20 years people will be looking back agog at just how much of the people in their life celebs shared online … kids especially who really have no say in it at all. It’s a reason why I kind of side eye Gemma and Gorka, really. its one thing to take holiday cine film of your kids to bore all your friends with back home, it’s another to post it on line and have it taken up by the tabloids. I don’t know, it’s just 🤷‍♀️
The thought of perfect strangers knowing that much about my life, family, home and movements is actually a bit scary. Lines get burred and there’s no wonder that randoms do think they are friends. Invite people in to that extent and it has potential to be awkward.
---
Cheers! I did always think his pro entrance video on ITT was a little bit arrogant.
I think they all are, to be honest. Some are probably better at masking it than others but to have been training and competing from childhood in a pretty cut throat arena then self confidence and arrogance are probably obligatory. I wouldn’t want to play snap with any of them. You’d loose your hand.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I saw ‘king Kev’ early one morning in Costa coffee a few weeks back, Strictly Ballroom was on at the local theatre. I know everyone looks bigger on TV but I was surprised how slight he really is! Bad hair as well 😂

Edit - my husband said ask him for a selfie 😂😂 . I didn’t!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I saw ‘king Kev’ early one morning in Costa coffee a few weeks back, Strictly Ballroom was on at the local theatre. I know everyone looks bigger on TV but I was surprised how slight he really is! Bad hair as well 😂

Edit - my husband said ask him for a selfie 😂😂 . I didn’t!
That man makes me want to crawl into a hole, he is utterly cringeworthy and this king Kev nonsense is outrageous

• Sick
I wonder if in 10 or 20 years people will be looking back agog at just how much of the people in their life celebs shared online … kids especially who really have no say in it at all. It’s a reason why I kind of side eye Gemma and Gorka, really. its one thing to take holiday cine film of your kids to bore all your friends with back home, it’s another to post it on line and have it taken up by the tabloids. I don’t know, it’s just 🤷‍♀️
The thought of perfect strangers knowing that much about my life, family, home and movements is actually a bit scary. Lines get burred and there’s no wonder that randoms do think they are friends. Invite people in to that extent and it has potential to be awkward.
---
I agree - I wonder if in 10 years time these instagram kids will be pissed off that every tantrum was shared without thought for their privacy. I really like Gemma, she is very funny and down to earth. But the sad reality of social media is that you are a brand, and her brand is 'relatable mum (who happens to be married to a sex symbol)' and Mia is a big part of that. I don't blame her as such, as that is the way everything is, and if you want brand deals, and to sell diet/exercise books, it is what is done.

Disappointing about Kai - I thought they had a good rapport and Kaye talked about how great he was with her. Maybe he just misspoke, or maybe the sensational success of his tour and advertising brogues has gone to his head.. I bet we see him with a contender this year..

I get why people want to show their kids and to a certain extent I don't have too much of an issue with it. I wouldn't share all the stuff Gemma and Gorka post about Mia (and tbf, they don't show anywhere near as much as some influencers), but I think in general they seem like sound, down to earth parents and Mia seems like a happy kid

On the flip side, I've unfollowed people who don't show their kids faces but do share info about them that goes way too far imo (someone sharing details about their teenage daughters hospital visit for example). Or, as much as I love Ellie Taylor, I do cringe a bit when I see the title of her book or when she calls her daughter Ratbag - I know it's only a joke, but in my experience when kids get older, they might choose not to have much of a sense of humour about those things either. Not that I think it makes her a bad parent or anything, but just pointing out that showing your kids face might not be the only thing they get annoyed about as they get older

Genuinely don't know what point I'm making 😂. I'm basing my opinion on general vibes about people and their intentions I guess.

But either way, those who post massive emojis over their kids faces are just downright annoying - just don't show your kids FFS 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
What?? That's disappointing if Kai is slagging off Kaye - I thought she gave it a valiant effort. She was far better than some of the other equivalent celebrities in her age group (hey Anneka).

And you've not been unlucky with partners if you've only done 2 series and 1 was with a contender. Please go talk to Anton, Karen or Katya. Or indeed your own girlfriend who hasn't made one final in six series.

@lalalandx21 I'm guessing it was this?

Last edited:

It's the interviewer who said that he hasn't had the best luck - I think he meant the injury and going out first to be fair...

If you type in Britannia kai q&A it’ll come up, will link it later if not
I had a quick look: yeah, he says he went to watch the championships in Blackpool when SCD was there 'because I didn't have the best celebrity partner' then makes a 'humorous' face and repeats 'not the best'. Maybe the Fanny Rat has rubbed off on him..

Reactions: 1
I think Kai should get comfortable because in truth, I somehow doubt a fairly laid back pro who looks a bit older is likely to get 20-something ringers all that often. He might get someone decent this year but I think Kaye may well be the first of a few older non-contenders for him.

What?? That's disappointing if Kai is slagging off Kaye - I thought she gave it a valiant effort. She was far better than some of the other equivalent celebrities in her age group (hey Anneka).

And you've not been unlucky with partners if you've only done 2 series and 1 was with a contender. Please go talk to Anton, Karen or Katya. Or indeed your own girlfriend who hasn't made one final in six series.
Yeah, it would be, but I genuinely think he really likes Kaye. He did seem to give it his all to keep her in longer and teach her properly. I think he just meant she wasn't the best at dancing so they didn't stay in long. Also, it was the interviewer who said he'd been unlucky.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, it would be, but I genuinely think he really likes Kaye. He did seem to give it his all to keep her in longer and teach her properly. I think he just meant she wasn't the best at dancing so they didn't stay in long. Also, it was the interviewer who said he'd been unlucky.
Yeah, I think this, too. I don't think he was being mean-spirited, just a bit clumsy. Especially knowing how easily words can be misinterpreted.

Reactions: 6
Having now watched it, I reckon he was just having a laugh and there wasn't any outright offensive intent.

But it's a cheap laugh at someone else's expense and I don't really care for that.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.