Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
I feel like I should watch Anton and Gio because I'm going to Sicily in a few weeks, but I don't know if the cringe will be too much 😆

Reactions: 1

lizzolyn

VIP Member
2018 was set up for an all female final and female win after the last 3 series of the show all being won by men, no one can convince me otherwise 😆

Open-door

Standard unfortunately. I actually saw that and thought that it might be Debbie or Michelle? But the post probably does heavily hint at Rose. I guess they are still good friends so it’s a bit of mutual support (particularly in a big venue to sell). Seems like a prime opportunity missed for the AJ/Kai Showdance though 😆

His new tour blurb seems to hint at West end stuff, which I suppose ties in more with his stuff with Anton and the singing. With the photo and the tagline ‘prepare to be entertained’ with no exclamation mark, it does come across a little like a threat…
My money's on Anton as special guest. Those two seem thick as thieves at the moment. Or Michelle
---
Standard unfortunately. I actually saw that and thought that it might be Debbie or Michelle? But the post probably does heavily hint at Rose. I guess they are still good friends so it’s a bit of mutual support (particularly in a big venue to sell). Seems like a prime opportunity missed for the AJ/Kai Showdance though 😆

His new tour blurb seems to hint at West end stuff, which I suppose ties in more with his stuff with Anton and the singing. With the photo and the tagline ‘prepare to be entertained’ with no exclamation mark, it does come across a little like a threat…
My money's on Anton as special guest. Those two seem thick as thieves at the moment. Or Michelle.

sparkles710

I love their friendship. I saw one of the nutcases saying the other day that Luba’s cryptic insta story was aimed towards Rose & Gio and how much she wants them to be together 🤣 I doubt Luba gives a fuck Sandra…
I saw that, something to do with coffee. I was well confused how they linked that to Rio 🤣

puzzlehead

Could Gorka be benched/ask not to have a partner this year because of baby?

*Runs and hides from Gorka’s fans*

I’d really like Luba and Nadiya to have contenders this year.

I wouldn’t mind if Kai was benched, the teeth give me the ick

BDY_97

VIP Member
I don't think a fanbase alone gets you votes, it helps, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of votes as a whole Strictly gets. Joe was well liked by the public in general.
I mean yeah people got to know and like him but a solid amount of his votes definitely came from the youtube fans.

Glaschelle

VIP Member
THANK YOU. I have been wanting to say this ever since she was first suggested. I didn't like her then and I still don't now!
Fact is not everybody likes the same TV Presenters. I stopped watching ITT when Rylan joined. I liked him but not as Presenter of this show.

You should be grateful that Alsuon Hammond has landed Bake Off or else she'd be the front runner.

Personally, I'm thinking that AJ Odudu or Ore Oduba will be in the running.

PrincessJeanie

VIP Member
It's depends on the celebrity; it's believed that the process for picking the new crop of celebrities starts as soon as the strictly tour finishes in February. I have heard some celebrities sign on in March/April time however there are some celebs who sign on for the show as late in the Summer. Obviously some celebs may drop out and there some celebs that TPTB may have their eye on and might pursue harder than others. They also have to recruit a number of 'substitute' celebs in case of drop outs in the first week such as Kelvin Fletcher replacing Jamie Laing when he injured his leg in the launch show group dance.

Normally The Sun or the The Daily Mail start leaking the celebs around JulyAugust time; even though it's not really leaking its just Strictly themselves or the celebs agents normally telling the tabloids to build momentum.
Thank you for answering that so well 😊

soccergirl

VIP Member
I noticed a while ago (maybe around Christmas?) that he started following quite a few Italian babes. So whatever is/was going on with the sexy sex podcaster isn’t exclusive I think.

I see that now that Gio is single (just in time for his TV series!) the body language lot are declaring he looks inexplicably happier now and of course when Rose appears in the series there will be certainty that there’s nobody else in the world for him. I guess the good thing about never being in a relationship with someone is that you’re not gonna end it because you’re bored, so the shippers will be on tenterhooks forever!

• Haha

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
It’s the perfect way to connect to his target audience for his tours (older ladies) so he’d be a mug to turn down the exposure as well.
I think that’s it, he knows what side his bread is buttered on. I chummed my friend to his show (I wouldn’t have bought tickets - I’m too young 😂) at the end of March and he announced he was coming back this year and I was a bit surprised but I think he is using the show to his advantage. His tour seemed to have been a hit, he’s already arranged next year’s and he wouldn’t have got prime time BBC if it wasn’t for Strictly.

I don’t really follow any of them, did anyone else announce they were back before today?
---
I like that the DM has headline of Dancer QUITS the show … when most Strictly watchers will just be thinking … Cameron, who’s he then? 🤷‍♀️
According to the metro he quit and Strictly say the door is always open to him

https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/21/stri...quits-to-focus-on-exciting-projects-18652497/
---
I think that’s it, he knows what side his bread is buttered on. I chummed my friend to his show (I wouldn’t have bought tickets - I’m too young 😂) at the end of March and he announced he was coming back this year and I was a bit surprised but I think he is using the show to his advantage. His tour seemed to have been a hit, he’s already arranged next year’s and he wouldn’t have got prime time BBC if it wasn’t for Strictly.

I don’t really follow any of them, did anyone else announce they were back before today?
---

According to the metro he quit and Strictly say the door is always open to him

https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/21/stri...quits-to-focus-on-exciting-projects-18652497/
You can tell it’s Friday…what the DM said and what the Metro say are the same thing 🤦🏻‍♀️ the DM even used the shouty capitals (captials?) and now I can’t edit my post

Last edited:

Curtaintwitcher45

VIP Member
Ohh yes it could be both the mother and daughter in pics 🙈 I think him and the Australian may have split so I just jumped to conclusions 🤣

janedoe2

How many girlfriends as he has since joining Strictly now? Georgia, Ashley, Maura, Jowita?? God knows who else!
[/QUOTE]
You forgot Jessica Wright. She went to Italy and met his family and she still was ghosted. She was called crazy when she confronted him at an awards show. Gios never could be at fault 😂

posy

VIP Member
Anton/Gio travel - Wasn’t expecting Tucci but found it a bit boring, Anton provided the light entertainment. Gio, I just found boring, felt like it was a lot longer than hour. Sicily looks stunning though - BBC are doing wonders for the Sicilian tourist board.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Gio has done a Podcast with Spencer Matthews and the lead sound bite is about how money doesn’t matter… he’s getting rightfully roasted in the comments about not being able to read the room 💀
TBf to him he does say something about 'as long as you've enough to eat..' but yeah, sitting there with a diamond earring in... not a good look. I also don't believe he doesn't care about money. He apparently admits to be being a workaholic too. Makes sense with that endless touring before his legs pack up.
(Also, seeing Spencer M, what happened to the great Gio-Jamie Laing friendship? he wasn't at Jamie's wedding, no comment on his wedding post etc.. Seems to move on from friendships quite rapidly..)

ETA: post has been deleted :oops:

Last edited: