Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I know I’m a bit of a fangirl for her and she’s not everyone’s cup of tea on here (which is totally fine), but Rose got an Olivier Awards nomination for her play and I just think that is so cool, and really shows the platform Strictly gave her to launch herself into what she really wanted to do (which obviously wasn’t Eastenders forever).

Reactions: 15

Millais

Chatty Member
What?? That's disappointing if Kai is slagging off Kaye - I thought she gave it a valiant effort. She was far better than some of the other equivalent celebrities in her age group (hey Anneka).

And you've not been unlucky with partners if you've only done 2 series and 1 was with a contender. Please go talk to Anton, Karen or Katya. Or indeed your own girlfriend who hasn't made one final in six series.

@lalalandx21 I'm guessing it was this?
That thumbnail makes him look like the one BNP local election candidate who knows how to use iMovie.

Kai Widdrington’s pledges:
- More British dancers on British light entertainment shows
- Celebrating white…teeth
- Promoting morris dancing over woke European dances such as the paso doble

Don’t forget to vote Kai Widdrington on May the 4th! ✅

Disclaimer: I am not of course, suggesting that Kai is in any way affiliated with the far right, in case anyone from Facebook is reading.

• Haha

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Who is Ellie? I haven't watched much of the show so not much to compare!
Ellie Taylor, who did Strictly just last year there with Johannes.

She was a really good presenter on the Pottery Throwdown: sympathetic without being cloying, and able to poke gentle fun. Most importantly, she knew pretty well instinctively when to ask to ask set questions and when to nudge the interview of an upset contestant in a different direction (which as we have seen from carcrash ITT interviews is a rare skill, not easily learned)

Quite a lot of people were hoping for her to get the Bakeoff gig on the strength of her performance, actually, She could do pretty well on ITT, if she wanted it, I should think.

Spanor511

VIP Member
They need to keep Craig for a bit of drama. He’s the only one that consistently speaks his true mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

IndominusRex

VIP Member
I don’t understand why he’s allowed in the country to be honest. I think it’s disgusting he still has a career after what he did.

posy

VIP Member
Positive they will do a tribute - Len was a legend in the ballroom world - they have to.

puzzlehead

@Fillyjonk you’ve said it far better than I ever could.

The arse wiggling and chest flashing in the last series was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me - irreversible ick.

Open-door

I suppose they do have to earn a living the other nine months of the year - they are hardly likely to be manning the checkouts at Sainsbury's for a living from Jan to Sept! It's always going to be about touring, teaching, and getting what TV/PR/writing gigs they can. Dancing is a short career.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Someone on DS suggesting that Shirley is in negotiations for more money.

I don't condone anyone who trolls her about judging or whatever, however I will absolutely not stand for her getting more money when her increase in money comes out of a licence fee which people are bullied into paying for when they struggle to heat their bloody homes. Not to mention that the pros and everyone behind the scenes are the real talent who work extremely hard in keeping the show going. Why are the BBC allowing this, a judge sits and gives scores, they are easily replaceable?

Queen of Latin or not, ultimatums need to be made. And if it's "give me more money or I leave" then see ya later.

Last edited:
  • Heart