Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BDY_97

VIP Member
Someone on DS suggesting that Shirley is in negotiations for more money.

I don't condone anyone who trolls her about judging or whatever, however I will absolutely not stand for her getting more money when her increase in money comes out of a licence fee which people are bullied into paying for when they struggle to heat their bloody homes. Not to mention that the pros and everyone behind the scenes are the real talent who work extremely hard in keeping the show going. Why are the BBC allowing this, a judge sits and gives scores, they are easily replaceable?

Queen of Latin or not, ultimatums need to be made. And if it's "give me more money or I leave" then see ya later.
She has an absolute cheek if she’s after more money. She does absolutely fuck all from Monday - Friday, all the judges do is come in on the night and sit at a desk for a couple of hours. If anyone deserves more money it’s the pros, who not only have to teach someone how to dance but also have to choreograph, learn/perform pro dances & also support their celeb.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Didn't Karen say once that she doesn't really keep in touch with a lot of her partners? Not in a bad way but more that she doesn't want to let everyone into her life. Which I definitely get.
I have respect for Karen for this stance as well as other pros like Dianne, Nadiya and Gorka who don't have this whole ''BFF's 4 EVA'' mentality that some pro's (current and previous) have thinking that they are going to be best buddies with all of their celebrity partners for the rest of their lives which is daft.

It is possible to get one well with someone and maintain a friendship but it's also fine to work well together for that period of time on Strictly and then get on with the rest of your lives; doesn't mean you hate them and vice versa, you can still speak of them fondly and the time you spent together but just not maintain a fake reality that you're best mates.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Its not even like the judges are good to justify the fees they get. They are probably the worst part of the show. Only Craig is probably irreplaceable. The other three could be ditched and the show would go on without any issues.

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member

Get shut of them all. There is a cost of living crisis, the BBC are skint and they all earn more than enough money to sit chatting rubbish one night a week. It's not like they are a pro dancer doing six long days a week or even a BGT judge who has to travel all over the country to do long audition days. They have it easy and should be grateful for the publicity being on the show brings them and the opportunities they get elsewhere simply through their association with Strictly. They would be daft to burn their bridges by being greedy.
I bet if you told Anton, okay fair enough … we’ll have to let you go he’d be backtracking faster than you could say ‘don’t put me on the space hopper again’ and signing a contract for a polo mint, a 2p piece from the back of the BBC sofa, a Panini World cup card and one of the One Year Out T-shirts Ken Bruce left behind.

• Haha

glasgow27

VIP Member
I'd like to say congrats but not exactly the best situation for a baby to be born into - they've been together for a very short time but suddenly engaged, massive age difference, he's got a reputation for being a clown. Now they're tied to each other for life. Bonne chance.

Reactions: 16

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Gorka seems to be polarising some based on the reactions to the above post. I prefer the 2017 version of him when he danced with Alexandra, that year was definitely his heyday:
View attachment 2108006
He was cute with hair when he hadn't gone so ham he was basically a charcuterie board.

He gives me the ick now - the buzzcut makes him look too short and squat, like a human potato. I think it was the flashing of his abs and arse for votes that really put me off though - like no dude, that's desperate and it's supposed to be about your partner!

Someone on Twitter when he was first on strictly said he very much appeals to the ‘capability kink’ as he looks like he could competently put up a set of shelves 😆
I think someone quoted something on here along the lines of how he looks like he could give you a right good sorting out, then fix the wonky shelf in the airing cupboard 🤣

• Haha

Millais

Chatty Member
I’ve just seen a poster for Kai and Nadiya’s tour in Afflecks. For those not familiar with Manchester, Afflecks is a sort of department store for goths/emos/etc. I’m not sure they’ve got their target audience right there

• Haha
  • Wow

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
I was just reading their piece in Hello, and they said "the more we talked about it, the more we realised we'd like a little version of us. So we thought let's try, and if it happens, it happens". And they decided this after only 3 months together? :oops:

Also Neil's gazing into the distance expression here killed me 😆

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Seeing some of the posts for Karen’s birthday today and her cute videos teaching her husband to dance just reminds me of how she seems really happy now and is totally thriving and I love that for her.

I don't understand anyone who doesn't wear a seatbelt, I just couldn't take the risk. Also, would their drivers not say something to them about wearing a belt just in case they got into an accident? I've been in taxi's before and the driver won't drive off until everyone has their seatbelt on.
To be honest, as talented as they are in dance terms, the majority of the pros are a tad dim.

• Haha

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I'd like the win for Karen just because she is a kind, vibrant woman who always seems well respected and liked. When she gets going, she's such a dynamic and interesting dancer. Also, I truly think Karen and Katya are the only female pros who are all about their partner and willing to take risks or steps back to showcase them.

But yeah, also because it would be huuuuuuge slap in the face to the awful Jayde 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15

fluffycow172

Some people on twitter are acting shocked that Cameron wasn’t brought back…

He was benched for his two years there and they didn’t even give him a christmas special partner. He was out of sync with the others in virtually every group dance. He didn’t go on any of the tours and didn’t even make an effort to put himself out there on social media. I don’t see what the shock is

glasgow27

VIP Member
Team Karen as well! Definitely pro unfollowing people if they cause any crap whatsoever and Jayde certainly did. Screw the friends for life stuff.

Last edited: