Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just on the friends for life thing šŸ˜ I wonder do many of them stay in touch afterwards with their respective partners.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
To whoever mentioned Jake Woodā€™s dance on week 1, that was a tango. He actually did his stand out dance on Week 2.

---
Just on the friends for life thing šŸ˜ I wonder do many of them stay in touch afterwards with their respective partners.
Very few. Unless you are partnered with Aljaz and Janette. They keep all their partners as total BFFs, fairly wise as they have all come in useful later ( Julian made her wedding dress).

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Reactions: 6
Just saw Amandaā€™s insta no mention of Gio. I think the issue is her partner he has the hump ā€¦she is being twirled around the dance floor by a hunk and heā€™s not happy is my takeā€¦if thatā€™s the case then if I was her Iā€™d be getting out of that relationship if he has made her quit SCD as she is as a brill dancer šŸ’ƒ
Agreed, seems to be an unpopular opinion with others saying it's the mature thing to put her relationship first, not in my book. Anyone who throws a tantrum about their partner dancing with someone else is someone who does not belong in a relationship. I realise it would be harder for him due to his condition, but he (assuming that is the issue) needs to go to therapy and sort his own issues out, not guilt her into quitting because he can't control his jealousy. If you expect your partner to Strictly Curse you, you already didn't trust them and may as well just call it quits.

I felt slightly ill after reading Sophie Ellis-Bextor's statements and seeing that she's still with that controlling, pathetic manchild of a husband. And has 5 children with him, ugh.

Anyway, Amanda came across as so highly strung and stressed out, I still think it could have just been 'burnt out over pressure to be perfect' rather than anything involving her relationship, or a feud with the Fanny Rat. Surely if the issue was solely with Giovanni they could have just swapped him for Neil or Gorka rather than her having to quit. They could have pretended that ankle injury from a couple of months ago flared up to save face. There has to be something more to it than them not being able to tolerate working together.

Reactions: 26
To whoever mentioned Jake Woodā€™s dance on week 1, that was a tango. He actually did his stand out dance on Week 2.

---

Very few. Unless you are partnered with Aljaz and Janette. They keep all their partners as total BFFs, fairly wise as they have all come in useful later ( Julian made her wedding dress).
Jake Woodā€™s salsa, samba & charleston were amazing. Still canā€™t believe Mark Wright got to the final over him.

Reactions: 17
Text message from the husband this afternoon ā€œThereā€™s a Strictly person waiting for the same trainā€ ASTONISHING lack of detail. Heā€™s travelling between Yorkshire and Lancashire today. The mind was racing OMG Do Vito and Ellie train up North? Nikita and Layton? Getting very excited and about to ask for a sneaky photo. Next message. Bear in mind he ā€œdoesnā€™t watch it ā€œ Itā€™s the female one who gives the critique on ITT. Joanne frigging Clifton. What a let down! And what detailed knowledge from someone who professes not to watch!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Just thinking about Amanda and Gio if it is linked Gio being perhaps a bit too much of hard task master etc then maybe Strictly needs to discuss this with him if he is going to stay on - itā€™s only meant to be a light entertainment show. Perhaps maybe he needs to sometimes adjust his teaching style to fit the student.
I thought that Amanda came across as slightly nervous of Gio - nervous to disappoint him etc.
I think they just need to review their employment of him period. Yes he's won the trophy and has a bunch of people who fancy him but the show won't end if he goes.

Reactions: 11
I thought Ellie would get ballroom this week, she has the potential to either do a great salsa or a meh one.

Iā€™m laughing that Sophie Ellis Bexter is currently in discussion on the thread only for her most famous song to be used this week, itā€™s a SEB overload

• Haha
That bit where Jake plays ā€˜Keepy Uppyā€™ with Janetteā€™s head while she leans back is one of my favourite moments in Strictly history. Her upper body strength defies gravity

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I think they just need to review their employment of him period. Yes he's won the trophy and has a bunch of people who fancy him but the show won't end if he goes.
I suspect he'll want to do a rehabilitation year if the gossip isn't quashed though

Reactions: 3
I suspect he'll want to do a rehabilitation year if the gossip isn't quashed though
Yeah definitely, he can't crash out on a low like this... a mysterious dropping out surrounded by rumours of fueds / flings. He couldn't finish last year after his flop with Richie either.
This year was his chance to get quite far in the competition, Amanda has potential to make it to the semis, and he could have gone out of a high.
I think he could go on to regret not leaving the show after winning with Rose.

Reactions: 20
Jake Woodā€™s salsa, samba & charleston were amazing. Still canā€™t believe Mark Wright got to the final over him.
I quite enjoyed their Greek Argentine Tango. They were saddled with a crap theme but made the best of it.

Mark Wright is a twit. That is all.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Maybe Gio wasnā€™t kind with the struggles she was having.. by all accounts, even from those who loved him, he is ruthless & demanding in training. If you are someone who is already feeling low, unconfident or just has a lot going on in life, I can imagine Strictly is tough enough without being given Gio as your partner. Iā€™m sure all the pros are pretty demanding of their celebs but I also imagine some would be much kinder & considerate towards anyone who is struggling.

Could be wrong but thatā€™s my thoughts! I just canā€™t imagine Gio having any time for MH struggles.. he strikes me as the old school train of thought of just suck it up & get on with it. Weā€™ve got a competition to win. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Wouldn't mind him being ruthless and demanding to me.;) šŸ¤­

• Haha
  • Heart
Not trying to pick a fight, but genuinely curious as to why you feel her casting had anything to do with Sherlock going to tit? Did she have some input on Mary's characterization and/or story direction I never heard or forgot about? Because my recollections of what went wrong are simply that the writing slowly got worse and worse as Mofftiss collapsed under the weight of their overinflated egos, plus the TJLC contingent making the fandom a nightmare to be in. Maybe I missed something, as I didn't pay much attention to her or her character.

And I completely agree that Zara and Graz exude a much more enjoyable energy, even if their dances aren't technically as good.
I don't have any info, BUT by series 4 I believe Martin and Amanda had seperated, kept it quiet, and then had to continue filming sherlock and acting like they were in love. Yes the writing had already gone to tit, but I do agree she should never have been cast. It was probably done as a favour to Martin, and then when their relationship started to break down, probably caused a very tense atmosphere on set. Benedict's long term girlfriend Olivia Poulet was in series 1, but only in a very minor role in one episode.

Reactions: 2
This year was supposed to be his rehab after last year and it's ended in a 3rd disastrous partnership (at least).

He's not entitled to finish on a high anyway, Ola & Anton went out as the first boot, James & Kevin as 2nd boot, Kristina & Brendan as 3rd boot etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yeah definitely, he can't crash out on a low like this... a mysterious dropping out surrounded by rumours of fueds / flings. He couldn't finish last year after his flop with Richie either.
This year was his chance to get quite far in the competition, Amanda has potential to make it to the semis, and he could have gone out of a high.
I think he could go on to regret not leaving the show after winning with Rose.
I think he made a mistake returning this year, to be honest! I understand not wanting to leave after Rose because things were just getting back on track in the entertainment industry, but he could (should?) have left after the Christmas special.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Either she's had a furious falling out with Gio, or her partner thinks she's got too close to Gio. I can't see how it's anything else now.

I think it has to be the first one. She would know that completely omitting any reference to him would be picked up on and lead to speculation. So if there had been a bit of romance, she would have chucked in a bland reference such as "and thanks to my patient dance partner".

The complete omission of any reference to Gio smacks of spite and anger, so I think they must have had an absolutely spectacular falling out. It also ties in with those rumours of spats at the start.
Or third option: she's kissed/shagged Gio and the guilt has broken her, or Jonathan (her partner) found out and told her to quit strictly or its over between them.

Reactions: 6
I think he made a mistake returning this year, to be honest! I understand not wanting to leave after Rose because things were just getting back on track in the entertainment industry, but he could (should?) have left after the Christmas special.
Itā€™s ok, according to Lady Lav, Amanda didnā€™t thank any of the pros so itā€™s not Gioā€™s faultšŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.