Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IMO, Amanda would have had a happier Strictly experience had she been paired with JoJo or Graz. Both seem kinder, more patient, and more focused on their celebs enjoying the show. Also, non threatening (imagined or not) to her relationship.

I think her real life partner has had a lot to do with her decision, it must have been very hard to see her being so physically close with someone else. I just hope he wasn’t making home life so difficult that she quit to keep the peace.

I also feel that this may be why she didn’t seem joyful while dancing. She was technically very good, but could have been scared to really throw herself into it. In which case, it’s a real shame that her boyfriend couldn’t have encouraged her. TBH, I don’t have a great impression of him.

Anyway, none of us really know what happened, we will have to wait and see if the whole story comes out at some point.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
That is quite the spin!
It’s not a good day in her world,having to put out fires everywhere and not even the fragrance launch to distract. I did like the suggestion over there that Gio could have a starring role this weekend as the murder victim in Angela and Kai’s routine🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
If anyone thinks DS is bad, check out the Rose and Gio FB groups. Actually don't, it will hurt your eyes.
The Beryls are restless. Having praised Amanda as lovely and classy and mature she is now immature and spiteful apparently. Poor Gio doesn't deserve this. When will they Occams Razor it??

Also someone mentioned that Zoe Ball has unfollowed Gio (she definitely used to follow him but may have unfollowed him earlier) and has left a v sympathetic comment on her post. She's also just followed Amanda's fiancé too.
Amanda's fiancé has also left a loving comment about how 'brave' she has been.
But for me the piece de resistance is that Ranvir, who has had zero SM contact with Gio for two years, and never ever mentions Strictly, has weighed in! Case closed, m'lud!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
The Beryls are restless. Having praised Amanda as lovely and classy and mature she is now immature and spiteful apparently. Poor Gio doesn't deserve this. When will they Occams Razor it??

Also someone mentioned that Zoe Ball has unfollowed Gio (she definitely used to follow him but may have unfollowed him earlier) and has left a v sympathetic comment on her post.
Amanda's fiancé has also left a loving comment about how 'brave' she has been.
But for me the piece de resistance is that Ranvir, who has had zero SM contact with Gio for two years, and never ever mentions Strictly, has weighed in. Case closed, m'lud!
I did notice that Amanda seems to have followed Laura Whitmore and Richie relatively recently

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Last week when Amanda was still in the show my husband said to me. Those two are definitely at it, I thought he was away to kiss her. I said hopefully not as her parter is right there watching them. It was very weird and my husband is not the type to notice tit like that!
So my money is on Gio trying to get his sleazy end away and possibly succeeding

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Gio works best with partners that aren’t in awe of him, or attracted to him. Like Faye and Rose (I loved both those partnerships). I do think he’s a great dancer, but he doesn’t seem to fit Strictly any more. He let himself down with Richie last year, and now we have Nikita showing everyone how to have a brilliant same sex partnership. Yes I know Layton is a fantastic performer, but I’m talking about the careless attitude Gio had towards Richie. He could have made the whole experience much better for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I know he bangs on about it sometimes but God...they really sign Ann Widdecome and give her to him as a dance partner 😭
I know Anton's somewhat devisive, but I do think one of his strengths is he clearly couldn't care less about winning or having duffer partners. He might have to begin with, I suppose, but he definitely just embraced the chaos as time went on, and it's served him well.

I get a similar vibe from Katya, tbh, although she's done significantly better overall. She's had more partners who were at least willing to do their best even if their best wasn't great, and she's got some great performances out of them.

However, I think she's mostly just having fun rather than worrying too much about winning. Nigel's a contender but has had a couple of minor disasters and she doesn't seem to care a bit, where someone like Brendan or, yes, probably Gio, would get arsey about it.

Reactions: 29
IMO, Amanda would have had a happier Strictly experience had she been paired with JoJo or Graz. Both seem kinder, more patient, and more focused on their celebs enjoying the show. Also, non threatening (imagined or not) to her relationship.

I think her real life partner has had a lot to do with her decision, it must have been very hard to see her being so physically close with someone else. I just hope he wasn’t making home life so difficult that she quit to keep the peace.

I also feel that this may be why she didn’t seem joyful while dancing. She was technically very good, but could have been scared to really throw herself into it. In which case, it’s a real shame that her boyfriend couldn’t have encouraged her. TBH, I don’t have a great impression of him.

Anyway, none of us really know what happened, we will have to wait and see if the whole story comes out at some point.
Kai is another who I would put in that category.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think the reason she’s probably left is all the negativity she was experiencing online potentially got too much? I know she experienced hate prior to strictly but I imagine it got a lot more intense when she joined the show and she may not have realised how detrimental it would be to her own mental health to have that in her face all the time. And also her family who have to see her receiving that hate.
Not saying she doesn’t deserve the negativity as her opinions on certain topics I don’t agree with, but social media is toxic and I can imagine it can get a bit much for someone if it’s consistent enough

Reactions: 4
It is eyebrow raising that even Angela R's charleston song is not exactly fast, the Murder She Wrote theme tune hardly lends itself to a fast and sprightly Charleston. I did however predict that would be her dance this week, ready for two ballroom numbers to get her through to Blackpool.

Reactions: 8
To be honest, any of the other male pros probably fit that category. Gorka seems a bit moody at times but I still think he’d be kind & more patient!

Reactions: 11
Re the above, I think Zoe unfollowed Gio after the way he treated Richie.

I also think Gio and Ashley parted on bad terms, and have taken care not to be in the same place as each other since then.

FWIW, I also have a husband who doesn’t notice things, but on Gio and Amanda’s last appearance in the Clauditorium, he said straight away “those two are shagging”.

Reactions: 8
I don't have any info, BUT by series 4 I believe Martin and Amanda had seperated, kept it quiet, and then had to continue filming sherlock and acting like they were in love. Yes the writing had already gone to tit, but I do agree she should never have been cast. It was probably done as a favour to Martin, and then when their relationship started to break down, probably caused a very tense atmosphere on set. Benedict's long term girlfriend Olivia Poulet was in series 1, but only in a very minor role in one episode.
I didn't know they'd split up that early, makes sense though. Yeah, that kind of nepo-casting is best left to small cameos, like Olivia's role, and how Mark's husband played Jim's lawyer in one scene, just in case of on-set drama. Some scenes must have been awkward af to shoot, especially in series 4.

It's weird how often it happens that actors split up just as their characters are getting together - happened on House and Dexter, and I think The Vampire Diaries, though less sure of the timeline on that one. Often seems like the writers are being intentionally sadistic 😂

Reactions: 2
I would laugh if Gio’s womanising ways are finally the thing to bite his reputation on the ass. Played with fire one too many times!

Reactions: 12
Agreed, seems to be an unpopular opinion with others saying it's the mature thing to put her relationship first, not in my book. Anyone who throws a tantrum about their partner dancing with someone else is someone who does not belong in a relationship. I realise it would be harder for him due to his condition, but he (assuming that is the issue) needs to go to therapy and sort his own issues out, not guilt her into quitting because he can't control his jealousy. If you expect your partner to Strictly Curse you, you already didn't trust them and may as well just call it quits.

I felt slightly ill after reading Sophie Ellis-Bextor's statements and seeing that she's still with that controlling, pathetic manchild of a husband. And has 5 children with him, ugh.

Anyway, Amanda came across as so highly strung and stressed out, I still think it could have just been 'burnt out over pressure to be perfect' rather than anything involving her relationship, or a feud with the Fanny Rat. Surely if the issue was solely with Giovanni they could have just swapped him for Neil or Gorka rather than her having to quit. They could have pretended that ankle injury from a couple of months ago flared up to save face. There has to be something more to it than them not being able to tolerate working together.
I feel the same. I'm always uncomfortable with talk about someone's partner feeling threatened or someone doing something to keep their partner happy (read - with them). If anything was a red flag for a relationship it's this.

Incidentally I would laugh my arse off is Mr Mabel went in strictly as was partnered with one of the female pros, rather than be threatened. He should be so lucky.

Amanda did seem highly strung to me and with a few tickets on her self, although that might just have been insecurity. Resting witch face too, but so do I so I won't judge her for that one 🤣

Reactions: 7
Despite my own personal opinions about Amanda, I feel for Strictly contestants when their time on the show doesn't turn out as they hoped but I especially feel for them when it's partly due to their professional. I always remember Nina's visible disappointment when Neil was revealed as her partner and we'll never know what Eddie's journey could have been like with a stronger teacher. Plus there's the pressure of spending (potentially) three and a half months one-on-one with someone whose personality and teaching style you might not gel with.

At the end of the day, the professionals get to do Strictly every year but celebrities only get one shot at it and they deserve someone who ensures they enjoy the show and get the most out of it that they can.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.