Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know Anton's somewhat devisive, but I do think one of his strengths is he clearly couldn't care less about winning or having duffer partners. He might have to begin with, I suppose, but he definitely just embraced the chaos as time went on, and it's served him well.

I get a similar vibe from Katya, tbh, although she's done significantly better overall. She's had more partners who were at least willing to do their best even if their best wasn't great, and she's got some great performances out of them.

However, I think she's mostly just having fun rather than worrying too much about winning. Nigel's a contender but has had a couple of minor disasters and she doesn't seem to care a bit, where someone like Brendan or, yes, probably Gio, would get arsey about it.
Anton said that he took it seriously for the first series, and then when he and Lesley Garratt got sent home and Christopher Parker went through to the final, he realised it was never going to be a serious dancing show, and treated it accordingly. Just had a look for Chris's cape work. Couldn't find anything from the show, but you get the picture from the live tour:

Reactions: 6
I feel the same. I'm always uncomfortable with talk about someone's partner feeling threatened or someone doing something to keep their partner happy (read - with them). If anything was a red flag for a relationship it's this.

Incidentally I would laugh my arse off is Mr Mabel went in strictly as was partnered with one of the female pros, rather than be threatened. He should be so lucky.

Amanda did seem highly strung to me and with a few tickets on her self, although that might just have been insecurity. Resting witch face too, but so do I so I won't judge her for that one 🤣
Yes indeed, 😁
And look at Lauren and Krishnan for example. Both happily married afaik. Arms around each other and so forth. No hint of the Strictly curse there imo.

There was a lovely clip of his family plus the dog coming to visit the training room. Aaah, I just love Krishnan and Lauren. I know he isn't the top dancer but my goodness, he is working hard and his sheer enjoyment is something lovely to see.

Reactions: 34
I’m laughing that Sophie Ellis Bexter is currently in discussion on the thread only for her most famous song to be used this week, it’s a SEB overload
I know 😂
Hope her control freak of a husband doesn't have flashbacks to the trauma of his wife having fun.
Can only imagine how awful he was as I bet she gave the sanitised version. Selfish fucker ruining it for her by sulking and making it all about him.

Reactions: 21
These are Gio's former partners. When its written down like this, it does very much seem like a him problem. Assume he is on ok terms with Debbie and Michelle?
1698162052543.png

Reactions: 11
Yes indeed, 😁
And look at Lauren and Krishnan for example. Both happily married afaik. Arms around each other and so forth. No hint of the Strictly curse there imo.

There was a lovely clip of his family plus the dog coming to visit the training room. Aaah, I just love Krishnan and Lauren. I know he isn't the top dancer but my goodness, he is working hard and his sheer enjoyment is something lovely to see.
I love this partnership so much and would love him to win purely off the joy and happiness this show has brought him and how much effort he has put in to improving week by week.

Lauren uploaded a cute video 5 days ago of him playing guitar and her singing and it’s so cute! Love looove love them

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Someone up thread said Amanda made a comment, something like “I feel like a woman again”. That’s quite a comment if she did say that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Despite my own personal opinions about Amanda, I feel for Strictly contestants when their time on the show doesn't turn out as they hoped but I especially feel for them when it's partly due to their professional. I always remember Nina's visible disappointment when Neil was revealed as her partner and we'll never know what Eddie's journey could have been like with a stronger teacher. Plus there's the pressure of spending (potentially) three and a half months one-on-one with someone whose personality and teaching style you might not gel with.

At the end of the day, the professionals get to do Strictly every year but celebrities only get one shot at it and they deserve someone who ensures they enjoy the show and get the most out of it that they can.
Absolutely agree.

I felt for Richie last year because he was so goddam excited to be in Strictly and it did seem as if Gio couldn't be arsed with what was produced on the night that they were eliminated - when the previous night they had put in a good performance. So there was some potential there, if the previous week was anything to go by.

Re Eddie - Karen was in flying form, laughing and joking on ITT last night. Like a burden was lifted on elimination.
Nothing like the serious, almost disinterested expression she had this year, especially when receiving feedback from the judges.

I think if you're 'done' with all of that, then bow out gracefully. I don't know what other source of income she has - so I know it's easy for me to sit here and type that. 😁

Reactions: 18
Richie had a horrible time with Gio last year, and now the same with Amanda (but, from what I hear she’s not very nice) … maybe time to go

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Chief Beryl Lady Lav is at her most school mistresslike on DS today.

I wonder if Amandroid has joined Richie and Ranvirs “We Hate Fanny Rat” WhatsApp group yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Re the above, I think Zoe unfollowed Gio after the way he treated Richie.

I also think Gio and Ashley parted on bad terms, and have taken care not to be in the same place as each other since then.

FWIW, I also have a husband who doesn’t notice things, but on Gio and Amanda’s last appearance in the Clauditorium, he said straight away “those two are shagging”.
He dumped both Ashley and Georgia pretty brutally I think.

I am loving the idea of an Ex-Wives Club where they all sit round drinking Chardonnay hooting 'God, when he makes you say 'Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!', or 'What about when he goes on about being the King of Halloween?' 'Anyone for some GPVita?'

The Fail are on it anyway, like a rat up a ... fanny. If there is a Strictly source willing to spill they will get to them.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s ok, according to Lady Lav, Amanda didn’t thank any of the pros so it’s not Gio’s fault🤣
I also liked the one that said it’s nothing to do with Gio and the reason Amanda hadn’t mentioned him was to protect him from trolling and speculation.
How’s that working out, then@?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All I would say, in sage old woman fashion 😂, is that if there was an attraction on both sides Amanda is hardly likely to tell her partner imo. Easier to make it out to be 'creative differences' or hatred or something like that.
Just don't think Amanda might be the most reliable narrator here 🤔

Reactions: 9
Am I remembering right that Amanda was really excited when she got Gio? And said he was exactly who she wanted.

Be careful what you wish for maybe...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The thing is if Gio is strict etc in training, Amanda seemed to me to be the type of woman who can give as good as she gets.

Reactions: 14
I know Anton's somewhat devisive, but I do think one of his strengths is he clearly couldn't care less about winning or having duffer partners. He might have to begin with, I suppose, but he definitely just embraced the chaos as time went on, and it's served him well.

I get a similar vibe from Katya, tbh, although she's done significantly better overall. She's had more partners who were at least willing to do their best even if their best wasn't great, and she's got some great performances out of them.

However, I think she's mostly just having fun rather than worrying too much about winning. Nigel's a contender but has had a couple of minor disasters and she doesn't seem to care a bit, where someone like Brendan or, yes, probably Gio, would get arsey about it.
Series one broke Anton. He admitted that during the whole John Sargent affair … he was on an ITT with Kate Garraway where James Jordan was holding forth about how John (after spending the previous day saying he should step down) was Wrong to resign. Anton basically said that in series one there was a young man who was terrible and got the final, having knocked out him and Lesley (Garrett) who was a lovely dancer that he couldn’t care less after that … and that was the show. If John had got to the final, good for him … he was doing what he was employed to do. Turn up and dance and if people wanted him to go further then so be it.

I think it pretty well summed up his next what, 17 series and probably explains why he’s still there.

Reactions: 16
He dumped both Ashley and Georgia pretty brutally I think.

I am loving the idea of an Ex-Wives Club where they all sit round drinking Chardonnay hooting 'God, when he makes you say 'Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!', or 'What about when he goes on about being the King of Halloween?' 'Anyone for some GPVita?'

The Fail are on it anyway, like a rat up a ... fanny. If there is a Strictly source willing to spill they will get to them.
The Georgia stuff was brutal. It did seem to come out the blue for her. The DS Appreciation thread imploded. I couldn’t look away (I’m not nice. An appreciation thread in turmoil with posters turning on each other is fascinating).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Series one broke Anton. He admitted that during the whole John Sargent affair … he was on an ITT with Kate Garraway where James Jordan was holding forth about how John (after spending the previous day saying he should step down) was Wrong to resign. Anton basically said that in series one there was a young man who was terrible and got the final, having knocked out him and Lesley (Garrett) who was a lovely dancer that he couldn’t care less after that … and that was the show. If John had got to the final, good for him … he was doing what he was employed to do. Turn up and dance and if people wanted him to go further then so be it.

I think it pretty well summed up his next what, 17 series and probably explains why he’s still there.
I wonder if James Jordan ever looks at all the love Anton gets from Strictly fans (not all of course, but plenty) and his getting promoted to the panel, and all of his other opportunities and wishes he hadn't been such a desperate, sore loser prick who pissed off everyone.

Ditto Brendan, although I always found him far less offensive than James, and he definitely chilled out later.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.