Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking the same.

Let’s be honest, he probably only did a post about Amanda because his PR team advised him to. Gotta think about the upcoming launch of Eau de Desperation 🫤
Yes … he’s got damage limitation to do, both for Gio coming a bit later than expected and his Strictly gig. To have an issue with 2 partners on the trot tips from misfortune to carelessness … and even if he is planning to leave Strictly he will want to do it on an amicable basis. Treat Strictly right, and you can come back for things and ITT appearances. Go off in a huff and you are left in Panto in Swansea, shouting on Twitter or having a bit of an ice skate.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Isn’t it the title of Shirley’s new book 😀
Speaking of Shirley's new book....
She was a guest on Talk Sport Radio last week promoting her book, and the presenters trying to make her appearance on the show somewhat relevant to an audience that usually tunes in to hears analysis on football/rugby/boxing, brought up previous sport stars that had appeared on Strictly. Mark Ramprakash and Darren Gough were both mentioned as cricket players that had lifted the Glitter Ball, but Shirley instantly dismissed the topic with "I don't know about that, it was before MY time" 🙄
I felt irritated by her ignorance to Strictly past winners, and also the relevance to the audience of the show she was on to promote her book 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I have zero faith that the strictly singers will be able to pull off Vampire. The main female singer (Andrea?) has a horrible voice and is out of tune half the time

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If anyone thinks DS is bad, check out the Rose and Gio FB groups. Actually don't, it will hurt your eyes.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Week 6 dances are out and the Halloween connection for quite a few of these is delightfully tenuous which could be excellent news or terrible.

Adam and Luba: American Smooth to Magic Moments by Perry Como
Annabel and Johannes: Tango to Need U Tonight by INXS
Angela R and Kai: Charleston to Murder She Wrote (TV Theme)
Angela S and Carlos: Paso Doble to BLACK swan SWAN lake by District 78
Bobby and Dianne: Cha Cha to Come-On-A-My-House by Della Reese
Ellie and Vito: Salsa to Murder On The Dancefloor by Sophie Ellis-Bextor
Krishnan and Lauren: Viennese Waltz to Kiss From A Rose by Seal
Layton and Nikita: Tango to Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo
Nigel and Katya: Cha Cha to I Was Made For Lovin’ You by KISS
Zara and Graziano: Charleston to Jeepers Creepers by Al Donahue and his Orchestra
That's an even shittier selection than I anticipated.

Olivia Rodrigo. Ugh.
Murder on the Dancefloor for a Salsa? No.
bleeping KISS?!

Do they pick these by spinning a wheel or throwing darts or playing Cards Against Humanity or what?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just saw Amanda’s insta no mention of Gio. I think the issue is her partner he has the hump …she is being twirled around the dance floor by a hunk and he’s not happy is my take…if that’s the case then if I was her I’d be getting out of that relationship if he has made her quit SCD as she is as a brill dancer 💃

Reactions: 18
On the plus side, no Monster Mash.
To be fair, it at least fits the theme
---
That's an even shittier selection than I anticipated.

Olivia Rodrigo. Ugh.
Murder on the Dancefloor for a Salsa? No.
bleeping KISS?!

Do they pick these by spinning a wheel or throwing darts or playing Cards Against Humanity or what?
Just told my daughter the song choices, and she’s extremely excited about Olivia. She did also say that Dave would probably murder it though.

Reactions: 3
Would have liked Ellie to have had a ballroom rather than another Latin - 3 in a row.

Reactions: 11
Whatever is wrong with Amanda, I think the statement could’ve drawn a line under it and she could’ve moved on with best wishes from everyone (and let’s be honest sighs of relief from some).

Instead it’s vague and specifically doesn’t mention Gio which now has here, DS, Strictly groups, the Fail comments section and Twitter awash with speculation and rumour. It’s really annoyed me. There was just no need for it and I find it petty, whatever the reason.

I’m no Gio stan.. (Gorks stole my heart many moons ago) and really have only seen Amanda in Mr Selfridge so no real opinion on her but I enjoyed them dancing and bought into her “journey”. I am however a huuuuuge fan of the programme & the joy it brings me for 4 months of the year. Strictly the show, deserves more respect than this blithe statement ❤

Reactions: 26
Whatever is wrong with Amanda, I think the statement could’ve drawn a line under it and she could’ve moved on with best wishes from everyone (and let’s be honest sighs of relief from some).

Instead it’s vague and specifically doesn’t mention Gio which now has here, DS, Strictly groups, the Fail comments section and Twitter awash with speculation and rumour. It’s really annoyed me. There was just no need for it and I find it petty, whatever the reason.

I’m no Gio stan.. (Gorks stole my heart many moons ago) and really have only seen Amanda in Mr Selfridge so no real opinion on her but I enjoyed them dancing and bought into her “journey”. I am however a huuuuuge fan of the programme & the joy it brings me for 4 months of the year. Strictly the show, deserves more respect than this blithe statement ❤
I agree.
She is obviously not daft and knew full well what the result of not mentioning him at all would be. If she wanted less attention and speculation that was not the way to do it 🙄
I guess they won't be 'friends for life' then.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Either she's had a furious falling out with Gio, or her partner thinks she's got too close to Gio. I can't see how it's anything else now.

I think it has to be the first one. She would know that completely omitting any reference to him would be picked up on and lead to speculation. So if there had been a bit of romance, she would have chucked in a bland reference such as "and thanks to my patient dance partner".

The complete omission of any reference to Gio smacks of spite and anger, so I think they must have had an absolutely spectacular falling out. It also ties in with those rumours of spats at the start.

Reactions: 26
The other reason she might not be mentioning him at all is that it winds her partner up too much - even a vague ambiguous reference.
Hope not for her sake 😬
Not a good foundation for a relationship.

Reactions: 19
Maybe Gio wasn’t kind with the struggles she was having.. by all accounts, even from those who loved him, he is ruthless & demanding in training. If you are someone who is already feeling low, unconfident or just has a lot going on in life, I can imagine Strictly is tough enough without being given Gio as your partner. I’m sure all the pros are pretty demanding of their celebs but I also imagine some would be much kinder & considerate towards anyone who is struggling.

Could be wrong but that’s my thoughts! I just can’t imagine Gio having any time for MH struggles.. he strikes me as the old school train of thought of just suck it up & get on with it. We’ve got a competition to win. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 18
Just thinking about Amanda and Gio if it is linked Gio being perhaps a bit too much of hard task master etc then maybe Strictly needs to discuss this with him if he is going to stay on - it’s only meant to be a light entertainment show. Perhaps maybe he needs to sometimes adjust his teaching style to fit the student.
I thought that Amanda came across as slightly nervous of Gio - nervous to disappoint him etc.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.