Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What with their now being a 3 person final, I think they might try and engineer an Adam exit this week if he is struggling a bit with his health and workload. There is no way they will want to risk him (or anyone) having to drop out

Reactions: 11
Yes performed on her inevitable trip to Blackpool..🤫
---

Don’t think it was the dancing itself that was the reason Robert retired, they kept him waiting until the bitter end as the last dancer to be called as safe from the dance off, Robert said the stress of that was just too much. You would have thought his condition would have prevented that happening, if he was safe he was safe.
I remember he was last to be called in the first elimation, but first on the second one. Then he went. I might be wrong, but even without the heart condition I suspect he might have withdrawn regardless.

Reactions: 3
What with their now being a 3 person final, I think they might try and engineer an Adam exit this week if he is struggling a bit with his health and workload. There is no way they will want to risk him (or anyone) having to drop out
I think the problem is that if Adam performs a nice AS while ill he'll probably get a big sympathy vote. So the judges can only do so much engineering to get him into the B2. I agree that it would be best for him to be eliminated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Looking very good, most of them.

I do hope Nigel's nerves don't get the better of him. He is probably the last one I would have expected to get nervous, but he talked about it on ITT this week. And was still beating himself up a bit about last Saturday's performance. I want his and Katya's dance to be top of the class tonight for them.

Krishnan said something on ITT - along the lines of - Lauren treats him as a dancer. Unfortunately Janette just shouted over him, repeated what he had said, and laughed (even though it wasn't funny 🙄) so it kinda got lost.
I thought it was lovely, especially as he came in as a complete non-dancer and that comment illustrates at least partly why their partnership works so well.

Roll on tonight! 💃🕺
I was a bit shocked about Nigel being so nervous … he’s done live performance and won awards so I guess I assumed he would be fine but the number of actors who have stage fright is amazing. Laurence Olivier used to vomit neatly into a bucket, had to be physically pushed on stage and couldn’t have anyone in his eye line. Apart from that, he was fine.

Reactions: 4
Don’t they have to get medical clearance to compete?! I’m sure I’ve heard them mention this before..

Reactions: 8
Lauren’s latest version of the name game descends into Nikita and Kai doing an interpretative dance while quoting Harry Potter and it’s as random and joyous as it sounds 😂

This is great fun game.

But Kai and Nikita doing HP quotes is amazing. Especially how camp Nikita does them.

Reactions: 5
I think the problem is that if Adam performs a nice AS while ill he'll probably get a big sympathy vote. So the judges can only do so much engineering to get him into the B2. I agree that it would be best for him to be eliminated.
Yes, this is what I was thinking. People have good intentions with sympathy votes, but it's often much better for the celeb to bow out sooner rather than later.
Don’t they have to get medical clearance to compete?! I’m sure I’ve heard them mention this before..
Strictly: Is the celeb breathing?
Doctor: Yes.
Strictly: Then let's get them signed up!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I reckon they’ll try to jettison Adam and Krishnan asap now they’ve not really got any wiggle room for dropouts. Angela R may be older than God but she is in good nick so can probably complete her planned Blackpool storyline.

Yes, this is what I was thinking. People have good intentions with sympathy votes, but it's often much better for the celeb to bow out sooner rather than later.

Strictly: Is the celeb breathing?
Doctor: Yes.
Strictly: Then let's get them signed up!
I think when a celeb gets on Strictly all reason goes out the window. There is no need to train … or indeed over train … the amount they do, but something takes over and unless they are training every waking hour and ‘pushing through’ all manner of injuries and medical issues they are seen as slacking and weak.

Theres no reason why someone with rheumy can’t do Strictly … Claire King did it in series 4 … they just have to listen to their body and if they need to stop and rest, that’s what should happen and they shouldn’t be made to feel guilty for needing a nap.

Yeah, my guess is it will either be an Adam/Zara dance off or Zara/Annabel. If it's the first, could Zara convincingly beat him? Her rehearsal footage didn't look that bad, but he is capable of doing a nice ballroom and I don't know how Zara will do in a routine where she can't cling onto Graziano for dear life

Reactions: 6
I was a bit shocked about Nigel being so nervous … he’s done live performance and won awards so I guess I assumed he would be fine but the number of actors who have stage fright is amazing. Laurence Olivier used to vomit neatly into a bucket, had to be physically pushed on stage and couldn’t have anyone in his eye line. Apart from that, he was fine.
Apparently he has a terrible anxiety disorder. He trained as a meditation teacher after finding that was a tool that really helped him

Reactions: 14
they should, but i feel like they don’t because there was really no way robert webb in particular should have been able to sign up.

plus this is the show that had will bayley, a man with a serious limb condition and severely twisted ankles, jump off a table (and seriously injure himself in the process).

Reactions: 9
they should, but i feel like they don’t because there was really no way robert webb in particular should have been able to sign up.

plus this is the show that had will bayley, a man with a serious limb condition and severely twisted ankles, jump off a table (and seriously injure himself in the process).
And Jade Johnson literally ended her athletics career by injuring herself on strictly.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Apparently he has a terrible anxiety disorder. He trained as a meditation teacher after finding that was a tool that really helped him
yep, i read somewhere recently that he took up meditation and mindfulness as a way to deal with anxiety. it is wild to think how many stage actors suffer from it but i guess once you’re ON stage you’re pretending to be someone else. it must be tough for him with how exposing dancing is, however much you try and play a character.

Ariadne wrote on her blog that the public though they were doing Jody a huge favour by voting for him when he had his leg infection. But in reality he just had a mu cch more humiliating exit the next week.
Adam is a bit different in that he might be fine tonight or next week, even if realistically he will probably go in the next 2-3 weeks.

And Jade Johnson literally ended her athletics career by injuring herself on strictly.
yep! and even this series, jody was starting to develop a really bad infection which could have had serious career consequences.

Reactions: 7
Why athletes who are still competing even give the idea time of day is a complete mystery to me.
exactly!!! especially ones who are preparing for a big competition in the following year (like the amount of olympians/paralympians they’ve had). you only need a relatively “small” injury and the whole thing is ruined. no bbc payday is worth that surely.
---
I used to really fancy James Jordan 🙈
me but with brendan a little bit

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.