Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lauren’s latest version of the name game descends into Nikita and Kai doing an interpretative dance while quoting Harry Potter and it’s as random and joyous as it sounds 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Agreed. Would there be a balanced view if it was Bobby Brazier though?!

Just went on the Fail site (can’t resist). No Adam fan but really poor and manipulative article about him pulling out of ITT and insinuating it was because of “Man Flu”.

The guy has just been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and at a young age. NO MENTION of that.

His overly emotional style is annoying but could be in part due to that.
Rheumy is an auto immune disease … if he’s anything like my mum if he has had a cold or flu it will most likely flare the rheumy up. I’m not his biggest fan, but it must be hard coping with a fairly new diagnosis, getting his medication doses right (which can take ages), and Working out how best to train. If it comes down to missing an ITT or a Saturday show … it’s not really a tough choice, is it?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This song "vampire" that is being us3d tomortow.... I just googled coz I dont know it.

Who's gonna sing it and what about the norty words?
I know Day Varch slashes the songs to bits to fit the time limit but it's a bit much having to cut out the chorus. May as well not do the song at all.
So why choose one that has "fame f*cker" in the chorus.

I s'pose they will just repeat "blood sucker."

I hope it's not Hayley singing it.
The official clean version replaces the swearing with "dream crusher" instead

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
With Adam feeling as bad as he is if he dances it won’t be good he actually could go tonight. I think strictly need to really consider the mental and physical health of who they cast. Amanda wasn’t in the mindset to do the show and Adam seems to have something that affects his health if he dropped out that would mean a two person final. Also didn’t Robert Webb have a heart condition which continued to that two person final.

Reactions: 5
There are some very tenuous links to Halloween with some of these songs. The word ‘murder’ or ‘magic’ in the title seems to be the reason they’re included. But can someone explain to me how ‘A kiss from a rose’ got in there?

Reactions: 7
There are some very tenuous links to Halloween with some of these songs. The word ‘murder’ or ‘magic’ in the title seems to be the reason they’re included. But can someone explain to me how ‘A kiss from a rose’ got in there?
It’s from the film Batman Forever

Reactions: 3
With Adam feeling as bad as he is if he dances it won’t be good he actually could go tonight. I think strictly need to really consider the mental and physical health of who they cast. Amanda wasn’t in the mindset to do the show and Adam seems to have something that affects his health if he dropped out that would mean a two person final. Also didn’t Robert Webb have a heart condition which continued to that two person final.
Robert had heart surgery the year before he did Strictly, nobody should have agreed to him doing the show, including himself, his doctors or the producers.

Also, doesn't Krishnan have something with his heart as well?

Reactions: 12
There’s also the fact that Krishnan has a serious heart condition that requires strict management (as well as some other health conditions). After Jimmy Tarbuck & Robert Webb, I’m very surprised Krishnan was cast (and I say that despite him & Lauren being my absolute favourite couple).

I get that the ‘dance is for every body’ message is an excellent one, and I know they have a limited pool of willing & available participants to cast from, but I think they could be a bit more cautious as regards pre-existing health conditions.

Reactions: 14
I reckon she will move onto kai he's a friend to Gio.
Lav want's a bit of gentlemanly sophistication, faux or not, she doesn't care as long as she gets a man in a suit to fulfil her Champaign fantasies.
If gentlemanly sophistication is the criteria, I highly doubt Giovanni would be the choice. I quite like him - he's funny and a good showman - but sophisticated he is not.

Reactions: 4
That’s the most I’ve seen Nana Angela move. Bet she can’t wait for her inevitable Waltz next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thanks, I’ve never seen the film, is there a link to Halloween/magic/witches in it?
it’s just very gothic - in a way that most batman films are (not nigel’s version obviously 🤣) so i guess it kinda works in a very very weak way!

Reactions: 9
100% agree. I do hope he feels well enough to perform. Strictly is so physically and mentally demanding that I'm really surprised there aren't more people taking byes or withdrawing altogether.

It's a bit worrying that we've already had one withdrawal and a potential bye looming, and neither one is the 79 yr old or the celeb with a pre-existing heart condition 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe Adam should just take the bye tonight, rest and recover and come back next week. Rather that than perform and make his condition worse.

Reactions: 6
That’s the most I’ve seen Nana Angela move. Bet she can’t wait for her inevitable Waltz next week.
Yes performed on her inevitable trip to Blackpool..🤫
---
Robert had heart surgery the year before he did Strictly, nobody should have agreed to him doing the show, including himself, his doctors or the producers.

Also, doesn't Krishnan have something with his heart as well?
Don’t think it was the dancing itself that was the reason Robert retired, they kept him waiting until the bitter end as the last dancer to be called as safe from the dance off, Robert said the stress of that was just too much. You would have thought his condition would have prevented that happening, if he was safe he was safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Just for the newbies ( not you Geetbo :) ), this is what kai is capable of in a Charleston. We won’t talk about Kaye’s.

They got 39 for the first one and him and Anna got 30 ( full marks)
---
Even though we rib AJ P a lot on here, his partnership with Claudia the gymnast was really a joy. Had forgotten about this Charleston

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Footage is up wtih music. Layton, Nigel, Angelas looking good. Krishnan not bad too. Can't see Bobby fully. Adam clearly didn't do Elstree run.

Looking very good, most of them.

I do hope Nigel's nerves don't get the better of him. He is probably the last one I would have expected to get nervous, but he talked about it on ITT this week. And was still beating himself up a bit about last Saturday's performance. I want his and Katya's dance to be top of the class tonight for them.

Krishnan said something on ITT - along the lines of - Lauren treats him as a dancer. Unfortunately Janette just shouted over him, repeated what he had said, and laughed (even though it wasn't funny 🙄) so it kinda got lost.
I thought it was lovely, especially as he came in as a complete non-dancer and that comment illustrates at least partly why their partnership works so well.

Roll on tonight! 💃🕺

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.