Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always got a vibe that Michelle Visage wasn’t keen on him either.
At the time I thought the same but I think that’s just the way her personality comes across, from what I’ve seen since they seem to still be good friends. I think Michelle was his best partner, everyone goes on about how Rose changed him blah blah blah but for me Michelle was the celeb who really challenged him both on and off the dance floor.

Reactions: 19
The thing I did like about the series 4 and 5 finals was them having to a different dance to the same music
Yes, it’s a shame they ditched that, I enjoyed it too.
---
I always got a vibe that Michelle Visage wasn’t keen on him either.
I feel like they started off well but it all went a bit weird by the time they were into their last two weeks. It seemed like he was keen when she looked like she had a lot of potential, but once she ‘plateaued’ he lost interest.

Reactions: 10
I also think a three couple final is better than four tbh. Four couple ones always drag on a bit.
It seems to be an unpopular option on here but I agree four is too much. It seems to drag on forever especially when 9/12 dances are ones we’ve seen before and the majority of show dances are nothing special imo.

Reactions: 12
Gio should genuinely have just quit after his win with Rose, rather than duck around for two series and then (hopefully) find out.
Easy money though for the winter months whilst not much else on and keeping his name associated with Strictly for advertising purposes.

Thank god the withdrawal of Nicola Adams meant we never got that five person final we could have had in the Covid series - we’d still have been watching that in January!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thank god the withdrawal of Nicola Adams meant we never got that five person final we could have had in the Covid series - we’d still have been watching that in January!
I think they must have known they were bound to lose at least one kupple so stacked it.

Reactions: 5
It seems to be an unpopular option on here but I agree four is too much. It seems to drag on forever especially when 9/12 dances are ones we’ve seen before and the majority of show dances are nothing special imo.
The only reason I want a 4 person final is because there’s 4 celebs I would want to see in it, but the thought of having to sit through 12 dances is horrendous. On paper 3 is much better, but it’s just a shame that someone will miss out during a series that’s going to end up being very competitive.

I actually do agree that a three person final makes more sense. It just always makes me slightly twitchy when someone voluntarily withdraws by the halfway stage, just in case an illness or injury sees another one off.

Reactions: 9
I actually do agree that a three person final makes more sense. It just always makes me slightly twitchy when someone voluntarily withdraws by the halfway stage, just in case an illness or injury sees another one off.
Thay is a good point. Especially this year when one of the contestants is 80.

Reactions: 8
In fairness Laura is difficult to get on with anyway. A nightmare pairing
No, she was done dirty that year. When Gio and Georgia split, they should have tinkered with the pairings and moved people round a bit … it’s not like they’ve not done it before. She took a heck of a lot of flak from the more … invested … stans for no reason. You could tell she couldn’t relax at all.

No, she was done dirty that year. When Gio and Georgia split, they should have tinkered with the pairings and moved people round a bit … it’s not like they’ve not done it before. She took a heck of a lot of flak from the more … invested … stans for no reason. You could tell she couldn’t relax at all.
I’m not a big fan of hers but I’m with you on this. It was obviously going to be awkward so don’t see why they couldn’t.

I hope she is okay, that's the main thing.
It's only a light entertainment programme and I would not like to think anyone's health would be negatively impacted by it.

She seemed quite intense about the whole thing but she and Gio did produce good performances and were doing well.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I definitely think he's hamming it up this year. There's been a couple of occasions we're it's definitely been over-egged.

I think he might be finding it a bit hard to believe at the moment, too 😄
This literally made spit out my drink 🤣 I bloody love Nikita! I didn’t think anyone would take Aljaz mantle but here we are!
---
Oh just read on about Amanda.. I’d say I wish her well & I do but her opinions on twitter are in such complete opposition with mine, I’m glad she’s gone!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
They were always going to butt heads as they are both strong personaities, both always wanting the upper hand.

It is a pity but there again I wouldn't have wanted the likes of Johannes to have to suffer the dominating Amanda, she may have broken him for good. Perhaps that is why they put her with Gio. It is all about temperament and connection when they plan the pairings.

Reactions: 7
I feel like ITT may have record viewing figures for the first 40 seconds tonight whilst they confirm the story… 🤔

Not necessarily on side with Amanda's previous views but MusicQueen on DS has been borderline unhinged towards Amanda all series. That sort of trolling isn't acceptable, perhaps ignoring a contestant you can't stomach is the best way to go? If she's been receiving that from other people, then that probably did have a significant effect on her mental health.

Reactions: 18
I find it telling that Gio, who for a while there was part of a select group of pros known for their excellent teaching and choreography, came across as phoning in this year despite having someone who was decent dancer. If he can't make a successful partnership with a keen duffer like Richie or a decent dancer like Amanda then who can he partner?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.