Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wanted a 4 couple final. Although if Amanda has quit she has timed it perfectly for Gio’s perfume launch tomorrow - might some what over shadow his launch.

Reactions: 9
Setting aside my personal feelings, that is now two partners that Fanny Rat has basically ruined strictly for.

I am waiting with bated breath for Lady Lavs damage control posts.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
No, there’s always an elimination when someone withdraws, which is why we’ve ended up in the past with the horror show of two-person finals. 😖
I don’t mind 2 person finals as long as they are planned for in advance. The Rose/John one was a nightmare because it was all so last minute and AJ and her boot haunted the final like the ghost of showdances past with everyone weeping and wailing. My preference is for a 3 person one though … with a 4 it just seems too bloated and there is always someone there just to make up the numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She’s ‘reportedly’ quit. No official statement yet. ‘Source' (from Daily Star) says she’s ‘fed up’ (surprised the source has no further info!). Gutted that either Ellie or Layton will miss out on the final now in all likelihood.

Thoughts and prayers with LadyLav
Wish they would roll the points over and keep everyone else for one extra week

Reactions: 18
I wish they would change the rules and not do an elimination if someone withdraws. Kind of mucks up the Sunday result show though!

Reactions: 14
I wish they would change the rules and not do an elimination if someone withdraws. Kind of mucks up the Sunday result show though!
Me too. But with the Sunday show, they already have a pro dance, a recap, the judges interviews and everyone in the Clauditorium talking. They've got five days to pull a bit more content out of their arses - it's not impossible!

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t mind if they did something like have a vote for the dance viewers wanted to see again … would beat having to sit through the 2 worst dances of the night. Again.

Reactions: 10
I don’t mind 2 person finals as long as they are planned for in advance. The Rose/John one was a nightmare because it was all so last minute and AJ and her boot haunted the final like the ghost of showdances past with everyone weeping and wailing. My preference is for a 3 person one though … with a 4 it just seems too bloated and there is always someone there just to make up the numbers.
I agree, I prefer a three-person final too, for the same reason.

I remember the Ramprakash/Dawson and Dixon/Di Ángelo finals being quite stressful to watch, as they were such exhausted, broken husks by the end of it all!

Fingers crossed for no more injuries or withdrawals 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: 11
I also think a three couple final is better than four tbh. Four couple ones always drag on a bit.

Reactions: 20
I would like no elimination if it is true, carry the scores over like they do in week one, Sunday show maybe have the judges explaining their scores.

Reactions: 7
Gio should genuinely have just quit after his win with Rose, rather than duck around for two series and then (hopefully) find out.

Reactions: 25
Setting aside my personal feelings, that is now two partners that Fanny Rat has basically ruined strictly for.

I am waiting with bated breath for Lady Lavs damage control posts.

Make that at least 3, Laura Whitmore didn't have a great experience either.

He has become more of a liability to the show now.

Reactions: 16
I agree, I prefer a three-person final too, for the same reason.

I remember the Ramprakash/Dawson and Dixon/Di Ángelo finals being quite stressful to watch, as they were such exhausted, broken husks by the end of it all!

Fingers crossed for no more injuries or withdrawals 🤞🤞🤞
The thing I did like about the series 4 and 5 finals was them having to a different dance to the same music

Reactions: 3
I don't think her and Gio don't get on. But I'm probably missing something.

I have a feeling there is something terribly wrong with Amanda, whether physical or mental. Seems she's had a run of bad luck since joining up and her silence makes me think she has to get her head around something.

I remember when Will Young pulled out people said it was because he didn't get on with Karen and Len Goodman but it turned out he had PTSD from teenhood abuse by the hand of his teachers in boarding school. So I am reluctant to jump to the SHE HATES GIO conclusion as much as I love a bit of strictly drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Me too. But with the Sunday show, they already have a pro dance, a recap, the judges interviews and everyone in the Clauditorium talking. They've got five days to pull a bit more content out of their arses - it's not impossible!
that is true, it is mainly padding anyway, they can pad a bit more!

Reactions: 4
I will say gio needs to go despite not liking Amanda have 2 partners in a row not have a good experience with him doesn’t bode well. I even wonder if he would have been nice to rose if she wasn’t a shoe in for the glitter ball.

Reactions: 9
I always got a vibe that Michelle Visage wasn’t keen on him either.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.