Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DrMeredithGrey

VIP Member
I feel bad for Bobby - I understand that the fact he is Jade’s son and she died has probably helped rather than hindered his career, but Jesus! Living under the shadow of your dead mum must be hard. Having it consistently shoved in his face anytime he does anything worth celebrating. It’s a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
The gall of Amanda posting 'be kind because you don't know what people are going through' when she has never once given a flying fuck as to what her posts could do to those struggling with their gender identity 😡

(But it's OK because she's deleted most of them since learning she was appearing on SCD)

• Heart

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
I know very little about Amanda, however she does seem to have had a run of bad luck in the past few years.

Her long term partner leaving her, financial woes and her now current partner in a catastrophic accident with horrific life changing injuries.

Add Gio into the mix, long hours of training and perhaps it was all too much. I hope she's ok and I wish her well.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
We're all here because we're fans of Strictly, but I like the equal opportunities snarking too ;)

On that note, last night was so dull I was almost hoping for a shock boot to liven things up.

I like Nigel but I want to like him more, and I want him to be better than he has been since the first week. I'm not feeling too enthused about the win probably being between Nigel and the boy wonder, who is becoming so infatuated with Dianne that it's kind of awks to watch.

Come through Ellie, she should be in the final. I also thought Vito was going in for the snog at the end of their dance. Showmance or? 👀

What has happened to Angela S? She hasn't really lived up to expectations.

Krishnan is a joy, I just wish he was a better dancer so he could rival the contenders. Excuse me while I go all Tess like, but look at his little happy face 🥰

• Heart

glasgow27

VIP Member
When I first heard that Amanda was taking part, I watched a clip of her at an Oxford Q&A and immediately got the impression that this was a tense, uncomfortable and kinda nervous person and I had concerns that the demands of the show wouldn't suit her at all.

So this is no surprise. It’s a difficult experience on the celebs and if you’ve had mental struggles in the past and enter a situation which triggers them, that can be horrible. Sometimes in life, you’ve just got to know when to walk away and I’m happy for Amanda that she made the right decision for herself.

I also think the BBC need to take a serious look into their continued employment of Giovanni. Richie, Nicola Roberts & Amanda might not be my cup of tea but they can’t all have been the problem surely?

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
This may not have had anything to do with her reason to leave…but it must have been so hard for Amanda’s partner to see her dance with Gio. It’s not really that long since his accident and the dances they did were so intimate, I can’t help but think it maybe impacted heavily on him.

I’m not sure why Gio came back either to be honest, you’ve got the newer pros who are really enthusiastic, vibrant and what Strictly should be about and then you’ve got Gorka, Karen and Gio moping around like they would rather be anywhere else

Reactions: 26

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
This may not have had anything to do with her reason to leave…but it must have been so hard for Amanda’s partner to see her dance with Gio. It’s not really that long since his accident and the dances they did were so intimate, I can’t help but think it maybe impacted heavily on him.

I’m not sure why Gio came back either to be honest, you’ve got the newer pros who are really enthusiastic, vibrant and what Strictly should be about and then you’ve got Gorka, Karen and Gio moping around like they would rather be anywhere else
I think you might be onto something. They were together before his accident. A dramatic change of lifestyle for them both. She did say a couple of weeks back that she ‘ felt like a woman again’ must be so tough for them both and as mentioned upthread there is a law suit pending regarding his accident. A lot for any couple to deal with. Who knows and maybe we never will but she obviously felt she couldn’t continue for whatever reason.

• Wow

soccergirl

VIP Member
Gio's hardly some stuffy old boomer, though, is he? He's what, late 30s?

And he's bound to have met absolutely loads of gay dancers in his career, and probably even danced with some of them.

I didn't watch last year, but Richie Edwards is really very annoying, so I wouldn't immediately assume he was unhappy with a same sex partnership just because he seemed irritated with him.

Unless, of course, there were other things that I didn't see.
He's 33! It's the double breasted suits that make him seem 45.
Gio just gives off such strong masc/hetero energy that I don't ever find him camp. I'm sure he's not homophobic, but I can't imagine him throwing himself into a partnership with Layton like Nikita has, who seems so secure in his own masculinity.

• Haha

Pulltheotherone

VIP Member
Eughhhhh …. I’m 30 mins behind as I had to pick up the takeaway.
I HATE Adam and his stupid family sob stories. They are just a bunch of chancers.
Talentless TWAT.

• Haha

Geetbo

VIP Member
I think Kai is really handsome. Yes, I drool over Nikita and Vito and Gorka...but they look like fuck bois. Kai looks like he'd treat you so well (and also be strong enough to throw you around the bedroom, for the thirsties :ROFLMAO:). He's a real gentleman.
I think that’s their appeal to me. I want them to annihilate me and then go home so I can have a pizza in peace.

• Haha

Bol85

VIP Member
Let us not forget Jay & Aliona’s jive. A strictly classic. God, I loved Jay & Aliona. He was unexpected. The press had a field day with them, as if she’d leave her very rich husband 😂
---
Oh & well worth watch Ed Balls 😂

• Heart

Bol85

VIP Member
I’m enjoying the show too! I literally don’t give a rats ass that there are ringers, it’s an entertainment show. Not a professional dancing competition! They have actual trained dancers on other versions of the show in other countries. It’s really not a big deal. As history shows, the ringers never win as god forbid the British don’t support the underdog 😂 #dannymacwasrobbed

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I hope she is okay, that's the main thing.
It's only a light entertainment programme and I would not like to think anyone's health would be negatively impacted by it.

She seemed quite intense about the whole thing but she and Gio did produce good performances and were doing well.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I do find this thread incredible as we all love and slag off different people and yet there’s rarely arguments. DS is like the battle of the Somme every weekend.
Seconding this about this thread on tattle. I know there are several of you who like Karen whereas I have the opposite opinion. Not once has anyone had a pop at me for my thoughts. I really appreciate that I can air my view without a rude response .

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I always have to watch this on catch up and sometimes I don’t get to watch it all until Friday. But I do read along while I watch, so thank you for all being hilarious and insightful.

Whilst it’s quiet I would like to confess some weird and unpopular things… (and also just need to acknowledge that I am the weird since I loved Dan Walker and I don’t know why)

1) Anton’s inner bicep in the series opener did a weird thing to me that I can’t quite get over. Literally nothing has lived up to the same eroticism since.
2) I love Bobby and I find him mesmerising
3) strictly has turned me into some kind of bicep pervert (as per above) no one’s arms are safe
4) Zara’s dancing makes me think of Baby in Dirty Dancing when she’s kind of going the wrong way but trying her best all the time.
5) (I may get banned for this) I find Krishnan an absolute snooze fest. 🤐
Yet I'm the one being judged for saying Neil is hot. 😆😆

• Haha

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
For those of us who were teenage girks in the 90s Nikita reminds me of those lads who hair has 'curtains'. He just seems so lovely though and his partnership with Leyton has really made him shine this season
I think Nikita is one of the top pros.
He has been fabulous since he joined, imo.

I love that he can let loose so much dancing with Layton. They are perfectly matched, they obviously work really hard, and are thoroughly enjoying themselves.

Pure joy to watch.