Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
the whole amanda incident is bizarre to me . I dont know why but i just have the feeling that something has happened in the background as SCD team are being very cagey. For example, why didnt claude speak to Gio on saturday to ask if Amanda was ok? That is usually something that happens if one of the celebs dont perform one week.

Then there is the "statement" which basically said nothing - why no mention of mental health if that was the reason. They didnt need to say much - but why not say something like "SCD is a very highly pressurised environment for an extended period of time. we fully understand that this is not right for Amanda at this time and we fully support her decision to withdaw. Mental health is very important (etc etc)..."

Instead its all become a mystery.. ( just my thoughts )

Reactions: 33

Geetbo

VIP Member
Oh yes of course, the press conference! How could I forget, I love a drama filled series (is it bad of me to hope this is the start of another one haha)
I’m praying for Nadiya selling a story to the Sun that Kai is shafting Angela.

• Haha
  • Sick

gingeminge43

Chatty Member
I can’t cope with Zara being in the bottom 2….my six year old has declared her as her favourite this year, and we had tears over it last time 😬 glad I had the foresight to check the spoiler this week!
My 7 yr old sobbed for 20 minutes when Les was voted out- we have re-watched his ships captain dance (I have to call it that because I genuinely don’t remember what type of dance it was actually meant to be) at least 10 times.

There really is no accounting for taste. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Just search for anything by Fiona Phillips. They’re all amazing due to the burning hatred her and Brendan had for each other.
Ah, remember the days of Brendan telling Fiona Phillips she was probably “a crap shag”.

None of the current mawkish ‘You have brought such joy to my life, friends forever blah blah blah’ cack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

soccergirl

VIP Member
someone posted on DS that in the dress rehearsal Bobby was wearing a nice jacket. Why on earth was he dressed in a thermal vest from Primark for the show, when Dianne was in a nice dress?

1697921263535.png

• Haha

Sea

VIP Member
She seems reasonable on the Amanda thread, not come across her posts on any other threads but I rather felt the other posters baying for her blood for her "hateful" comments were being OTT.

I don't really understand how Amanda ended up on the show when she hates drag so much and thinks it's traumatising for children - must have been hard for her to stand in front of Craig, a pantomime dame every week.
The only thing I'm going to say on this is, nope she's she not anti drag. She says sexualised drag acts in front of kids, just cos the parents want to see an adult act is inappropriate. And also a 12 year old boy performing in sexualised drag dance infront of adults is wrong. She has no problem with drag. Her son is/was in 'everyone Jamie'.

I'm kind of sorry to see her go because she's a talented dancer but couldn't chill out in her dancing and I would have liked to have seen that change, to see a full rounded enjoyable performance rather than execute steps perfectly.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
For those of us who were teenage girks in the 90s Nikita reminds me of those lads who hair has 'curtains'. He just seems so lovely though and his partnership with Leyton has really made him shine this season

• Heart
Reactions: 31

lavendervase

VIP Member
Oh no. I've been trying to jump in on the conversation here the last couple of weeks but the vibes are so negative on these threads. Strictly is a source of joy and I'm really enjoying this year. All I see is negativity about everything on this thread and it kind of sucks the joy out of it 😫

I don't care if we're not getting jaw dropping dances at this stage, everyone bar two couples were a joy to watch. I honestly think the likes of Kelvin and Danny have spoiled some viewers and they expect WOW moments from the get go so anything that's simply good or pleasant to watch isn't enough... (But only if the media aren't ramming their dance training down our throats).

I don't see how Layton gets the "oh it's unfair" treatment from the same people who still give out that Ore won over Danny. Especially when Nigel, Angela S and Ellie all have previous dance training too, and Nigel has a hefty musical background given his age too.

Anyway. All this to say it's a shame this thread is a bit of a downer 🤣 it feels Almost uncool to say I'm really enjoying the show this year
I absolutely love strictly and I’m enjoying it so much.
I did compare it to a wake until Krishnan showed up last night but that’s because all the dances were so flat, people seemed deflated, everyone was making mistakes. Then it got really good!
I think that’s the thing with reality tv there are people you love to hate and that makes it interesting to watch. Not everyone is going to love everyone or every dance. I’ve been so pleasantly surprised by Zara she seems absolutely lovely but her dance last night was not good. I said the same about Nikita (contestant Nikita - not Nikita God of the dance floor) she was a lovely girl and I wish she’d done something like I’m a celeb so we could have seen more of her, but dance she could not.
Layton has an unfair advantage over the likes of Zara for example in a dance competition, he is a ringer in every single sense of the word but I adore watching him and Nikita dance and I think what Nikita does with their partnership is incredible and I voted for them last night.
Ore had one good dance - Danny Mac was robbed and that’s a hill I’m prepared to die on 🤣
I absolutely love this thread, no one is nasty, yea a bit snarky but it’s all good fun and we are all strictly fans.
I adore the show despite making the odd snarky comment here and there 😏
I do love a wow moment and I think we got one last night in Ellie’s dance.

• Heart

glasgow27

VIP Member
I sincerely hope that tonight is Karen's last appearance on the show. Said it for a while but now truly mean it. I'd usually say a sympathy Christmas special to finish on but I don't even think that this time since her mind is clearly elsewhere and they can just use Nancy, Jowita & Nadiya for that.

It's just really frustrating. Eddie might not have been the master of technique but I truly believe that he had the right prerequisites to have a successful run if he had a pro who would drill it into him and choreograph for his strengths. He seems like a genuinely nice man with plenty of personality, rhythm and the ability to move. This is a contestant who should have done much, much better and I'm sad we're missing out on what could have been. Might have been a bit happier if they skipped the street to do an Afrobeats style CC.

I don't even think Neil or Dianne have flopped a partner as badly as she flopped Eddie. And 12 series is more than long enough for a pro who never hit great heights, she's outlasted far, far more successful pros.

• Heart

jfletcher

VIP Member
Oh no. I've been trying to jump in on the conversation here the last couple of weeks but the vibes are so negative on these threads. Strictly is a source of joy and I'm really enjoying this year. All I see is negativity about everything on this thread and it kind of sucks the joy out of it 😫

I don't care if we're not getting jaw dropping dances at this stage, everyone bar two couples were a joy to watch. I honestly think the likes of Kelvin and Danny have spoiled some viewers and they expect WOW moments from the get go so anything that's simply good or pleasant to watch isn't enough... (But only if the media aren't ramming their dance training down our throats).

I don't see how Layton gets the "oh it's unfair" treatment from the same people who still give out that Ore won over Danny. Especially when Nigel, Angela S and Ellie all have previous dance training too, and Nigel has a hefty musical background given his age too.

Anyway. All this to say it's a shame this thread is a bit of a downer 🤣 it feels Almost uncool to say I'm really enjoying the show this year
I think there's plenty of positivity on this thread combined with snark. Reading and posting on this thread adds to the joy of watching each week for me. And I'm really enjoying this series; I feel like there's a few couples with the potential to really wow us in the coming weeks.

As for Layton, I love watching him dance but his dance experience far eclipses anyone else's IMO. He was the lead in Billy Elliot and Everybody's Talking About Jamie - two dance heavy musicals on the West End and the latter of which he left only last year. I'd say he's up there with Ashley Roberts in being the biggest ringer the show has ever had. And he's in the same position as her too because Faye was a ringer as well but it's the person with the most dance experience that's always going to face the criticism.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
In other news, Nigel wants to dance with Vito.

Make
It
So

Just watched their Q & A, they are a beautiful pairing. 🥰

Compare and contrast with today's news!

Nigel did an interview with Katya and said he was so very nervous waiting to meet his pro partner, he was more than relieved to see it was Katya. That tells me everything when an easy going celeb is almost bricking it with the possibility of him being paired with someone he didn't think he could spend three months in their company. When he said that all I could think was which female pro was he most scared of being paired with? Mmmmm??

• Heart

Bol85

VIP Member
On catch up. Show was a bit mehhhh dance wise but holy moly, my love for Nikita & Layton knows no bounds 😂 Mostly Nikita TBF but their partnership & chemistry is FIRE. I know Nikita is straight but he looks like he wants to eat Layton sometimes 😂 I’m obsessed with this unhinged version of Nikita we’ve got this year, he really seems comfortable being his slightly bonkers self & im here for it!

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Well thank god no one can do 'Backstreets back' for Halloween next week.
The judges scoring (bar Craig obv) are pissing me off. Why cant they score correctly? :mad:
How has none of the judges mentioned Bobby's bum sticking out? is it because they all know its the producers fault for pairing him for someone two foot shorter?
Layton and Nikita are hands down the best couple for me. Not just because they dance great together but they seem to genuinely get on and enjoy each others company. I also love the fact Nikita hasn't given a shit he's dancing with a man. ♥

• Heart

bananabutter

VIP Member
The gall of Amanda posting 'be kind because you don't know what people are going through' when she has never once given a flying fuck as to what her posts could do to those struggling with their gender identity 😡

(But it's OK because she's deleted most of them since learning she was appearing on SCD)
She’s never posted anything offensive or derogatory in the slightest. Those people were triggered by a fridge magnet with the definition of woman on it….

• Heart
  • Angry