Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bananabutter

VIP Member
I’m sorry but Eddie has so much more rhythm and potential than Zara. She’s spent barely any of this dance on the floor and is just so awkward to watch

• Heart
Reactions: 29

coconochanel

VIP Member
Id like to give a 'welcome to the newbies on this thread'👋 :) you'll hopefully have a good time in here as its full of fun and laughter, dirty fantasies/wishes and dislike to Neil aka the ginger one🤭.

Anyway I don't care if Layton has experience because IMO him and Ellie save the show from being the most boring season yet!

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
I definitely need to not watch this and read on here just before bed as I had a sex dream about Nikita last night. Quite disconcerting for a middle aged lesbian 😂 I think one of the most attractive things about him is his confidence and how comfortable he is in himself. Him and Layton are a fantastic partnership. I’m also trying to convince myself that he looks like a soft butch 😂

I haven’t really watched strictly properly for the last few years but I’m really enjoying this years. I barely remember some of them but there are ones I look forward to watching and will rewatch.

Layton and Nikita - I don’t really care about Layton being a ringer. They have amazing chemistry and Nikita looks to be having the time of his life with the choreography.

Ellie and Vito - they are a joy to watch and I hope they make it to the final.

Nigel and Katya - his nerves seem to trip him up (literally last night) but when he gets it right he’s fantastic.

Krishnan and Lauren - I could watch these two all day. His joy is infectious and she really seems to bring out the best in him.

Bobby and Dianne - they surprised me last night, I thought it was beautiful. He seems like a sweet kid who is enjoying himself.

• Haha

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
James Jordan claims Nigel's dance was a 4 and Layton's dance was a 6. Does he have a bee in his bonnet about ringers or what? Seems really strange to me, those are unusually low scores.
He’s so bloody irrelevant no one cares what he thinks. He needs to get back to his subscription day job.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Brummiebird

VIP Member
My votes go to :-

1. Whoever was on the drums during that Faithless track.
2. Nigel
3. Layton’s penis that had a life of it’s own and was shaking it like you Mama made it during that salsa.

• Haha
  • Wow

secretlondoner

VIP Member
Oh no. I've been trying to jump in on the conversation here the last couple of weeks but the vibes are so negative on these threads. Strictly is a source of joy and I'm really enjoying this year. All I see is negativity about everything on this thread and it kind of sucks the joy out of it 😫

I don't care if we're not getting jaw dropping dances at this stage, everyone bar two couples were a joy to watch. I honestly think the likes of Kelvin and Danny have spoiled some viewers and they expect WOW moments from the get go so anything that's simply good or pleasant to watch isn't enough... (But only if the media aren't ramming their dance training down our throats).

I don't see how Layton gets the "oh it's unfair" treatment from the same people who still give out that Ore won over Danny. Especially when Nigel, Angela S and Ellie all have previous dance training too, and Nigel has a hefty musical background given his age too.

Anyway. All this to say it's a shame this thread is a bit of a downer 🤣 it feels Almost uncool to say I'm really enjoying the show this year

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Love Krishnan he's great fun. Regarding the couples choice do we think they should do one week where all contestants perform their couples choice? as it seems unfair Adam got high scores for jumping around and putting his hands in the air when others who were doing an actual dance routines scored lower points!

• Heart

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I mean, Tattle threads are always a bit snarky but the vibes here are far better than the tribal anger /barely hidden bigotry of the Facebook groups or the ‘everyone is a professional ballroom and Latin critic’ vibe of DS 🤷🏼‍♀️

ProfessorColdheart

I like Claudia and i don't mean to whinge but I keep thinking i wish they hadn't just laughed at Vito when she asked him about the fragolina. I googled it and it's clearly a complex set of moves. Vito looked thrilled that Shirley had picked up on it. He's worked hard so he deserved to enjoy the praise and I feel like he was just being enthusiastic and English is not his first language so yes it was garbled but I would still prefer to hear him talking about dance than the inane "how much did that dance mean to you" chat. I like learning about the dances and don't want the sob story/this is the best thing I've ever done I my life bits. I feel like they whip the contestants up into an emotional frenzy and its not good for them. That paso did feel very different to what we've seen before with some different shaping and movements and it's nice to see the fresh enthusiasm Vito brings. Some of the other dancers really do look jaded now.

I really don't mind that Layton has experience. I like that partnership and the way the judges are so random in their voting and praise it hardly gives him an advantage in the end to my mind. I do cringe when the dancing is really bad so it doesn't bother me. I get that it doesn't seem fair but honestly it's hardly a fair competition anyway is it. The judges and the public clearly have favourites based on personality over ability.

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
She is very elegant and it was good but where were the kicks and flicks cause all I saw were foot movement like they were avoiding a mouse.

• Haha

secretlondoner

VIP Member
I don't think her and Gio don't get on. But I'm probably missing something.

I have a feeling there is something terribly wrong with Amanda, whether physical or mental. Seems she's had a run of bad luck since joining up and her silence makes me think she has to get her head around something.

I remember when Will Young pulled out people said it was because he didn't get on with Karen and Len Goodman but it turned out he had PTSD from teenhood abuse by the hand of his teachers in boarding school. So I am reluctant to jump to the SHE HATES GIO conclusion as much as I love a bit of strictly drama.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I just can't believe there's so many people not just new to these threads, but new to strictly altogether!

ive watched since the beginning. 20 years of batshittery and I still love it so much 💖

get yourselves on YouTube and experience for yourselves the likes of erin island, the bacofoil snowdance, "I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY", bloody lulu, brendan's general contempt for everything, shrek pasha, baloo aljaz... I could go on and on

• Haha
  • Heart