Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soccergirl

VIP Member
I get the vibe it’s going to be more Gordon, Gino & Fred than Searching for Italy…

In other news, that programme is my total comfort and Stanley Tucci could probably hit me with his car and I would thank him. Never trying too hard that man 😍
I love him: I just watched the one where he went back to Calabria with his parents and it was so sweet.

Given the BBC are obsessed with these shows at the moment - Giovanna Fletcher going back to her dad's village; Alan Carr and Amanda Holden renovating a house in Sicily (?!) - I reiterate my plea for a series with Vito, Graziano, and Nikita driving around Italy sampling local produce and learning local dances.

Reactions: 10

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Of course yours is different, hun … just like Davina’s was and Jade’s was and Josie Gibson’s was and Claire-from-Steps was and Kym Marsh’s was and Lorraine Kelly’s <trails off in sea of ‘ands’.

nicalibres

VIP Member
Possible unpopular opinion but both Gio and Rose have allowed speculation about them to continue, and therefore encouraging the lunatic shippers, to keep their momentum going post strictly. Gio more so but I don’t think Rose is oblivious to it all, or how it kept her in the public eye. Wasn’t there a poster on here who said Gio’s mum and sister were in one of the more insane fb groups? So they were actually involved and would’ve seen exactly what was being said. Bonkers.

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Just seen Nancy’s Insta post about Carlos, I didn’t realise they’ve been friends for so long. What a lovely enduring friendship

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
We also don’t know how the questions were phrased and what he was asked … just because the comments follow on from each other in the article, doesn’t mean that’s how it was In the interview.
I think the pronoun switch to "they" makes it really unlikely he was talking explicitly about AJ.

PondersLondon

I just saw that - is Fleur’s husband not with her? Bit strange being away from him for NYE and with the tour coming up or am I reading too much into it? 😂
Marcel is there, along with Keshia, her boyfriend, Molly and maybe Molly's Mum. Fleur has a gig tomorrow night. I guess that they all decided to make a holiday out of Fleur's gig.

Attachments

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I’d prefer Emma personally, but Matt wouldn’t be terrible.

I’d really like Alexandra from the Christmas special to do a full series, but based on the last few years that seems unlikely. I remember seeing the spoiler and being surprised they won, then seeing the actual show and it making total sense.

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Even in the world of over-invested Strictly shippers, those comments on Gio's post are wild. The fact they are on a drama-free pic of just him and Anton makes it even wilder. Actually quite worrying they are so far down the rabbit hole, they think it's ok to post stuff like that

I know there's a valid argument that Gio has encouraged speculation about him a Rose to build his profile, and he may just laugh off those comments, but still, doesn't really make it ok
One of the things that I also find crazy is that a lot of them seem to be from women who probably have adult children around the same age as him- how would they feel if that was their child receiving that? Plus I’m sorry but it’s just embarrassing.

This is all following a similar vein to the AJ/Kai ship crashing and burning, which led to comments calling Kai all sorts but also awful comments about Nadiya and implying she was a bad mother. That eventually blew over aside from on some miserable corners of Twitter/their AT so hopefully this will do the same sooner rather than later for the benefit of everyone involved 😬

• Heart

BDY_97

VIP Member
Just catching up and see that Helen & Kai won the show last night, that won’t go down well with the KJ fans who seem to think the entire country hate him 🤣 Videos from the tour all look great, there’s no real duffer this year again and all dances are of decent quality which is good.

KeriRhys

VIP Member
I think Helen might do her jive with Kai - but would be interesting to see Kai do Gorka so to speak. Just love how glamorous Luba always looks. Think I’m getting a girl crush on Jowita.
[COMMENT REDACTED]

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I totally think Kai could have been put off by nutters on twitter and other platforms watching their every move and taking every social media like or interaction as gospel that something was going on. A showmance is fun until it's not. Also I imagine when his relationship with Nadiya started blossoming, it became a bit off putting to have to pretend to be into someone else.

Also, there's no need to keep saying "not all shippers" and "not everyone on the appreciation thread" - I don't think anybody is tarring everybody with the same brush but we all know there were those who to this day took things way too far.

Last edited:
Yes, he didn't take his backpack off when they were kissing so it was clearly staged.
Because ‘got to have you right here, right now’ passion always includes a brief interlude wherein one or more of the parties carefully removes and safely stores their possessions before locking lips.

• Haha

BDY_97

VIP Member
I am not saying that Kai should be benched.
Whether or not AJ was the issue, it doesn't seem nice to speak about her how he did. If Kai has a problem with how AJ was, he should remember that he didn't get to the final by himself.
“Maybe the show shouldn’t give him a partner this year” is literally you saying he should be benched? I don’t understand what’s so bad about “the way he spoke about her” considering the part people are losing their heads over is a general statement about celebs/pros in general. AJ was a great dancer but i’m tired of people acting like she was the best dancer in the history of the show and that Kai couldn’t possibly have got to the final without her, give Kai anyone with a bit of potential and he will most likely get them very far (take a look at his dwts track record).

• Heart

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Yeah I’m not really sure why Kai is getting cast as such a villain today- it could come across better but he’s not said anything terrible. He’s also allowed not to have loved every second.

I don’t know if because 2021 seemed to have lots of good friendships come from it (bit like this year I think) that them not really staying in touch is a bit more of a sore point? Anyway, no ‘not even hiding the contempt’ in a strictly partnership in recent times will come close to Richie and Gio 🙈🙈