Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I found Amy's documentary compelling; looking forward to Nikita's one as well.

It's nice to see the pro's opening up about issues that they have; just showing that they're all ordinary people like the rest of us. Dianne talking about her body image issue's she had really spoke to me as a person who has dealt with body image issues myself. I saw Amy has spoke about the body shaming she's had over the years as well which is awful.

soccergirl

VIP Member
To be fair, in 2020 the Ranvannis had Maura come and spoil all their delusional fun, then Ranvir come out and say that during most of the series she was with the young strictly staff guy anyway. The only shippers who have won in a while are the Joe/Dianne ones.
Ranvir only got together with that young bf a good while after the show. But yes, like Rio shippers, it was I think Ranvannis who first unearthed the Maura-Gio romance and probably alerted press to it accidentally - the lesson is: don't do internet digging unless you're prepared for what you find!

soccergirl

VIP Member
I’m sure last time along with the press photos they had some ‘doing their couple’s dances’ photos too from the dress run on press day for the live tour?
Unless I’ve just missed them this year, or they are still carefully guarding which dances everyone is doing until the last second (whereupon there will be 40 million low quality Insta clips of them)
Yeah, there’s a pic on Twitter of Will wearing his jive outfit? Unless they’ve recycled that costume for something else.. but they’ve kept them more under wraps and things have leaked out via clues..

Jellybb

VIP Member
Fuck me…. I don’t see a thread for them so this is the next best place to post but James and ola are fucking painful 😩 the weight loss video that came as such a surprise 🥴🙄🙄

LadyMuck

VIP Member
It looks as though BBC Four are showing old episodes of the original amateur dance competition programme Come Dancing starting this evening at 7:00pm. This episode is from 1979 presented by Terry Wogan and will include a performance by the parents of two dancers who are well-known members of the Strictly Come Dancing family.

I assume this will be a weekly thing on a Sunday as it says 1 of 7 episodes on the programme description

Love those dresses

nicalibres

VIP Member
Well done on your defence. Everyone sees different sides to these situations. I read that article with a bit of a 😲at some of the comments which could be torn apart by the truth. I just see it as a bit of click-bait to drum up their tour, although it does not read well.

I remember the Gorka and Gemma year when they got together, they never denied anything during the series and they had different partners. He even dealt so well with Kevin getting the gig of partnering Alex when Neil was injured, it must have annoyed him but accepted it. IIRC he has since made some reference to it.
Your initial response wasn’t quite so chilled

6580D664-32FD-4844-B5E4-50FF668AE27D.jpeg

pineapplesandcheese

I think it was more common for some of those who'd done Children in Need specials to do the main show not long after? Like Maisie and Susanna Reid.

Saying that, it does feel like they've been using the Christmas special as a bit of an audition process (seeing as they're not doing the CiN one) - I wouldn't be surprised to see Jay Blades from last year do the main show, or Alexandra and Rickie from this year (pls not Rosie Ramsey)
I liked Rickie, he seemed lovely. I hope he does the main show

It's quite interesting seeing who they 'side' with now that the non-existent romance has finally 'ended'. Most of them seem to take their rage out on Giovanni, although I've seen some of them fantasising that Rose was the one who turned him down causing him to take to the arms of another. Not a one of them acknowledges there was never the slightest hint of real sexual energy between these two, who couldn't be more unalike!
If there was ever anything real between them, I could only see it being one sided on Gio's end tbh

Last edited:

diamondthunder

VIP Member
All these folks who are brand new to Insta, have 2 posts and are rushing to follow a ballroom dancer, not remotely suspicious (I’m sure LadyLav would accuse me of defamation 😆)
To be fair, not every account that looks like that is a bot. I only made an Instagram account to follow the pros (and a handful of other celebs,) so mine has no posts, no profile picture and no followers except probably some bots because I've never been bothered to check.

But yeah obviously that many all in one go are bots.

PondersLondon

“Maybe the show shouldn’t give him a partner this year” is literally you saying he should be benched? I don’t understand what’s so bad about “the way he spoke about her” considering the part people are losing their heads over is a general statement about celebs/pros in general. AJ was a great dancer but i’m tired of people acting like she was the best dancer in the history of the show and that Kai couldn’t possibly have got to the final without her, give Kai anyone with a bit of potential and he will most likely get them very far (take a look at his dwts track record).
It isn't the same as saying that Kai definitely shouldn't have a partner.

I just think that Kai could have been more positive about AJ. She has always been positive about him since the show. Honestly, I don't think that the sun shines out of AJ's arse. Since I was a fan of their partnership, I have noticed the difference in their attutiudes to each other publicly.

BDY_97

VIP Member
It was a story on the Strictly tour's Instagram a few days ago of a clothes rail with everyone's outfits, and Hamza's showdance jacket was there. I think he wore tails at Blackpool, so maybe he is doing that dance but with a different outfit. Or it might have just been for the photoshoot 🤔
Yeah it could be a different outfit, that’s happened a few times in the past. I’m sure we will find out soon anyway, i’m surprised the dances haven’t been revealed yet considering they revealed them pretty much straight after the show ended in 2021?

PondersLondon

Jeez, that's a bit much isn't it? All he has done is be honest that it can be an intense experience. Of course he should have a partner - his only crime so far has been that he didn't shag AJ like people wanted him to.
I don't think that it is. If he finds having a partner challenging, I am sure that there are other pros who would happily take his place. As a pro who is still on the show, he probably should have saved his comments until he left the show.

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I’m sure last time along with the press photos they had some ‘doing their couple’s dances’ photos too from the dress run on press day for the live tour?
Unless I’ve just missed them this year, or they are still carefully guarding which dances everyone is doing until the last second (whereupon there will be 40 million low quality Insta clips of them)