Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, well done Helen! (and Kai too, I guess 😜)

Happy for Fleur and Vito coming second too, after surviving dance off hell

Reactions: 7
Kai just in a satin top (Jane Norman, circa 2002) is hilarious. Him getting the call every December - 'we need you to partner a smaller woman in a series of unflattering costumes'.
Of course they already have a German-speaker in the cast with a pronounced saucy side - we could have had Nikita in the corset..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
As evidenced by this snippet, yeah. Kai is lovely but ‘sexually deviant 1920s Berlin androgyne’ is not in his wheelhouse

(Apparently Helen won the show and Fleur came second)
You are quite right @Elleyunsun Jake Leigh did rip that number judging from that clip. Kai unfortunately butchered it 😲 making the in-line bit very sloppy and out of sync. Looking at Jake in comparison, he really is the natural Gorka stand-in.

Reactions: 2
You are quite right @Elleyunsun Jake Leigh did rip that number judging from that clip. Kai unfortunately butchered it 😲 making the in-line bit very sloppy and out of sync. Looking at Jake in comparison, he really is the natural Gorka stand-in.
Jake could perform the whole thing on his own tbh.

Talking of people who slay (and look good in tinfoil costumes). Give Luba a blimmin partner dammit!

443B760D-94E5-4E1B-AB7D-197E79BC616B.jpeg

ETA: Anton sings ‘there’s no business like show business’ because we apparently have to have a judge butcher a naff song.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Watching some of the videos although the CC may not quite come off, Helen’s quickstep works great in the arena- fun song, boppy and Kai is just fab leading a quickstep so I can see why they did well.

Hamza also fluffed the big final lift in the AS (poor guy) so I’m sure with nerves out of the way they will pick up some wins.

As evidenced by this snippet, yeah. Kai is lovely but ‘sexually deviant 1920s Berlin androgyne’ is not in his wheelhouse

(Apparently Helen won the show and Fleur came second)
I do like Kai (a lot lol) but he just looks like a backing dancer in this and like hes going through the motions with this.
Helen absolutely shines though

I just don’t think heavily stylised fosse dancing with that kind of look/theme works for Kai (I think he would’ve looked similarly weird doing Faye’s fever routine for example). Maybe his build/look I don’t know.

He shone last year with Maisie in her samba/quickstep and Helen’s looks great too. Just a traditional man 🤣

Anton singing 😬

Why must they all sing? Gah

Reactions: 3
Anton singing 😬

Why must they do this? between him and Gio singing Nessun Dorma it's painful am-dram.
I always think it must be quite nerve-wracking for the celebs to take part in those group numbers with the pros but they seem to be acquitting themselves well..

I just don’t think heavily stylised fosse dancing with that kind of look/theme works for Kai (I think he would’ve looked similarly weird doing Faye’s fever routine for example). Maybe his build/look I don’t know.
It sounds like the QS went down well. But yeah, I have said before, if you wanted someone to redo your grouting or powerwash your drive, you don't call Vito, Nikita, or Gio - Kai is your man

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh, it will definitely happen.

"HENLEN ARE TRUE WINNER1!1 GREW IN CONFIDANTS THANKS TO GAWKER
nO DANCE TRAININ UNLIKE OVVERS
HAMSTER N FLUER WAS STOMPY
SAY NO TO THE WOKE A GENDER
HELEND THE PEOPLES PRINCESS 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧"
I am not joking - tears ran down my face reading this post 🤣 🤣

The outfits, especially what the men are wearing,😳 I know the 'my eyes' Phoebe meme has just been used upthread so I will just say MY EYES 😁🤣!

It's nice seeing them again - I wonder is Will just as intense on the tour - he was smiling in the photos 😁

Reactions: 3

Gorka and Gemma are expecting a baby boy! ❤

I did wonder as she's been wearing a lot of baggy clothes recently 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Aw I’m so happy for them. Gorka just seems to love being a dad and a family man and they are fab parents.

ETA: surprised Mia doesn’t want to call him Will Mellor 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Aw how nice!

For the Carlos/Nikita fans they were partnered for the AT Young and Beautiful (Jowita replaced Karen so hopefully the Luba/Karen shippers aren't too angry!). (This account on youtube has all the routines from last night)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.