Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So The Sun are saying Emma & Matt Willis were in negotiations to do this year but dropped out. They’re now top of the list for next series.

Think they’d fare better than the Logans!

In terms of Christmas special contestants, I think Fred Sirieix will do it - he said he’s up for doing a full series.
I don’t think they’d both do it at the same time ? Would they?😦

Reactions: 1

PondersLondon

I would say that’s pretty justified considering the continuous abuse nadiya got on that thread for months, give them a taste of their own medicine. Anyways, my two favs Vito & Nikita are back in the UK and will hopefully provide some chaos during tour rehearsals.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Also, I am sure that myself and others called out the rude comments about Nadiya. It was a small number of the posters on the thread who were rude about Nadiya. Not saying it was right but it wasn't everyone on the thread.

soccergirl

VIP Member
I think Will might do his Charleston or even his American Smooth (Dirty Dancing)? Who was saying that ballroom tends not to go down that well in the arenas? (I've never been so not sure if that is universally true)..

Last edited:

nicalibres

VIP Member
It was not coined by me alas, but it was back when an ITT clip came out about pranks and it turned out Neil was a total menace including messing about with Amy’s car and doing something dumb and annoying with cling film (I forget what).

Edit: I’ve searched and it was first used by @nicalibres
I love that you’ve never used his actual name since 🤣

• Haha

posy

VIP Member
Gios new PR with clients like - Claudia Winkleman, Davina, Jack Whitehall, Christine Lampard - Im going with more career driven PR with perhaps a few shopping photos and a maybe a dinner date photo every now and again, when a bit of exposure is needed.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
He must be jealous that she got the gig instead of him!

Though the DOI judging panel is shit. How Ashley Banjo is on his 6th year there I have no idea (most other non skating judges do 2 series before being replaced) and Jayne despite her credentials always looks so out of her depth.

After a few years of giving it an extra chance, I'm not even watching it this year.
I'm actually surprised the show is still going when the past few years there have been had to be so many drop outs due to injury; I think ITV should just cut their losses and think of a new show instead. I don't know what they were expecting Oti to bring either; the show last year was the worst rated I believe.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Yeah that’s fair, but again it’s hard to judge what another pro would have done because none of them have ever been in the situation. Nancy had a nervous breakdown when Will was eliminated and multiple other pros cry when their celeb is voted out.
Thats true and I agree about the Nancy thing as well.

Just something I picked up on now that time has passed and maybe Kai and AJ weren't as close as appeared not even as lovers but as friends.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Slightly OT, but serial Strictly botherer Jake Quickenden is now saying Oti shouldn't be a judge on Dancing on Ice (due to lack of skating experience) and should instead be replaced by....Jake Quickenden!

Nice that he's singled out the woman on the panel and not the equally inexperienced Ashley Banjo 🙄

He's not going the right way about wanting to become a strictly contestant by doing this.

To be fair he wasn't taking a 'swipe' at Oti he said she was brilliant but she doesn't have any skating background.

The judges on Strictly and DOI are different because all the judges on strictly have dancing backgrounds whereas its only torvill and dean on the DOI panel. It would actually be good for one of the judges to be a former contestant maybe but not Jake!!!

Personally I did think it was an odd choice for Oti be a judge on DOI but I think it was due to the fact she has be come more of an itv package with Romeo & Duet and The Masked Dancer.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member

wow the first ep. It's so interesting to see how it has evolved since then, I think the singing was much better here than now. Also Tess looks pretty here
Thanks for that. I’ve been dying to find full early episodes to see how different it was to today. When they’ve put up old episodes/series on iPlayer or BritBox in the past they have been relatively recent ones no longer back than about 5 years

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Doing a before & after walking towards the camera pose but according to their replies to those on Instagram who said that them putting on weight was planned in order to cash in and do this fitness thingamajig, it wasn’t pre-planned at all they just happened to let themselves go because they weren’t dancing and he was grieving

glasgow27

VIP Member
The screechy singing on the bus made me curl up and die inside. Can imagine everyone tapering off until it's just Dianne and Neil singing The Wheels On The Bus with 98 verses.
Neil would probably start pranking anyone who didn't play along.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Luba, I like her, but, think sometimes perhaps her honesty can be misinterpreted. Like after Jowita/Hamza won the post she did kind of implied she thought Gorka/Helen should have won. The next day she did a congrats post to Jowita/Hamza. I do wonder if some of the other female professionals are little jealous of Jowita - coming in and winning on her first year with a celeb and only her second year on strictly. Which is an achievement. At the end of the day all the professionals come from a very competitive world. Jowita, I think is going to be one to watch - she is positive, bubbly, ambitious and I reckon fiery - why she is one of my favourites.
I didn't know Luba did a post like that...awks.....:eek:

I don't think they would be jealous, maybe envious but not jealous I would imagine. It's an achievement that a female pro finally won in her first year.

To be honest I think the true win in itself is not that glitterball trophy but what you can make from your time on Strictly when your on the show. You can win as many seasons as you like but what happens when you leave is the real test. If you've won a lot of series and walk into nothing or have nothing planned afterwards then what does it matter you won some trophy?? It wont be paying your bills.

Its best to start making plans when you are on the show such as brand deals, appearing on tv, events, getting your social media following up as much as possible etc.

Some pro's who have won the show you never hear from again and some who haven't are making successes in their own right.

Last edited:

lizzolyn

VIP Member
He was at 860k on Wed apparently. Now 943k! It looks like his account is adding about 2k an hour or so. He'll hit a million tomorrow.

Wonder if Dianne is raging at him overtaking her, or does she just think he's a pathetic tit for doing it this way?
I don't think she would care tbh; I don't think she posts when she goes past a certain amount of follower milestones. Unlike Giovanni who obviously had to post that story of 'welcome to my instagram' to cover his tracks. It's mad how hes gaining that fast I wonder if he could get shadow banned or whatever that term is?!?

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Anyone else think Joe Sugg and Dianne might have split? She’s just got back from a trip to Australia without him and is now on the tour and Joe is on holiday. Always thought they were a strange combination 😂
No they haven't; she went to Australia because she hasn't had christmas over there in 3 years; it's believed Joe stayed at home as he hasn't christmas with his family for years now as well. Dianne responded back to comments saying they haven't broke up.

They still like/comment on each others posts on instagram and mention each other in their most recent youtube videos.

soccergirl

VIP Member
I gather it’s very much his ‘thing’ and he knows his audience (in fairness, he’s apparently very chatty/personable at stage door). He’s just thinking ‘ker-ching!’ 😆
Yeah these are the people who presumably didn’t pay approx £100 for a ticket including meet-and-greet..insta💰

I wonder if it was him sent Jowita the roses she has on her

Last edited:

soccergirl

VIP Member
Ooh. Those look too grainy to be set up. And why mention Hamza??
Wonder if they were at Gola. No free taxi home.. yet!

PondersLondon

I was just thinking this 👀 I'm surprised that posters from their AT are on this thread tbh, given all the piss-taking about that thread that has been done on here 😅
Both AJ and Kai played up the showmance, like so many couples before them have done on Strictly, but that was all it was. They've both moved on from that series, so I don't really get all the 'poor AJ' talk from her stans 🤷‍♀️
I don't mind posting on here because I know that I wasn't one of the shippers who were 100% convinced that AJ and Kai were together. I was one of the more realistic posters on there.

I don't think that any of the people from AJ and Kai's AT are bothered that they aren't friends. It was clear that they weren't friends ages ago. People on the thread just don't like how he spoke about AJ.