Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think you're right - some of the same people are clearly on DS and DM muttering about why she keeps her relationship so private and isn't that sus? implying the relationship is failing and it's only a matter of time till she steps out with Gio on his insta page (spoiler: never gonna happen). Although they were a great partnership, my view (maybe controversial) is that she might have won with someone else (I could see her having a lovely partnership with Aljaz or Gorka and people really bought into her journey, understandably) but he probably wouldn't have won without her.
I think you’re right here - definitely could have seen her carrying any of the pros really (Aljaz especially) across the finish line. Just imagine the wholesomeness a Nikita and Rose pairing would bring! Their point about the ‘owing the win to Gio as he came up with the dance’ really doesn’t sit with me either - a) do we have any evidence it was a one man decision with their CC? Because from what I recall it was Rose wanting to give the audience an insight into her life? It was the moment of silence that made that dance so powerful, the actual choreography itself was a bit lacklustre imo. And 2) while the CC definitely boosted their reputation outside of the show, she was already leaps and bounds ahead of other contestants in terms of popularity. It was how well she did in lieu of her deafness plus her likability that secured her the win, with only a fraction owing to Gios popularity imo.

Reactions: 7
I think you’re right here - definitely could have seen her carrying any of the pros really (Aljaz especially) across the finish line. Just imagine the wholesomeness a Nikita and Rose pairing would bring! Their point about the ‘owing the win to Gio as he came up with the dance’ really doesn’t sit with me either - a) do we have any evidence it was a one man decision with their CC? Because from what I recall it was Rose wanting to give the audience an insight into her life? It was the moment of silence that made that dance so powerful, the actual choreography itself was a bit lacklustre imo. And 2) while the CC definitely boosted their reputation outside of the show, she was already leaps and bounds ahead of other contestants in terms of popularity. It was how well she did in lieu of her deafness plus her likability that secured her the win, with only a fraction owing to Gios popularity imo.
Completely agree with you! Especially about the CC. That wasn't even choreographed by Giovanni so I don't know where these people are getting off insinuating that she couldn't have done it without him!

Reactions: 6
Whilst I agree that Rose was a bit overrated in that she wasn't actually a brilliant dancer, I just don't think we had a brilliant female celeb. I personally thought Rose was just a little better than AJ. They were both quite similar in that they were stronger in ballroom and weaker in Latin, but AJ's Latin really was bad and that's without the challenge of needing to feel rather than hear complicated rhythm patterns. Rose was also better at acting and selling her dances.
I know this forum is fairly anti-AJ nowadays, but I think it's a stretch to say all of her Latin was bad. She made sloppy mistakes in the Salsa, Samba and Paso, but the Jive was one of the best Week 1 dances ever scoreswise, the Rumba was strong and even the Salsa dance off was fairly impressive.

With Rose's Latin, you're topping out at the Samba? Paso scoreswise? I liked them both, not a 'stan' of either, could see an argument for Rose being more polished but AJ had harder choreography and she had more 'strong' Latins than Rose did.

I know this forum is fairly anti-AJ nowadays, but I think it's a stretch to say all of her Latin was bad. She made sloppy mistakes in the Salsa, Samba and Paso, but the Jive was one of the best Week 1 dances ever scoreswise, the Rumba was strong and even the Salsa dance off was fairly impressive.

With Rose's Latin, you're topping out at the Samba? Paso scoreswise? I liked them both, not a 'stan' of either, could see an argument for Rose being more polished but AJ had harder choreography and she had more 'strong' Latins than Rose did.
I would have to disagree with the bit in bold - I can only speak for myself but this thread was saturated for a long time with AJ posts that would have been better placed in a rave thread and - in my opinion - it was becoming echo chamber. Maybe people’s feelings haven’t changed, maybe people do feel more comfortable saying how they felt now because there’s less chance of being pounced on.

I don’t remember seeing any particular anti-AJ posts (I certainly don’t think saying you thought someone’s dances were overrated puts you in an “anti” category).

Reactions: 9
I would have to disagree with the bit in bold - I can only speak for myself but this thread was saturated for a long time with AJ posts that would have been better placed in a rave thread and - in my opinion - it was becoming echo chamber. Maybe people’s feelings haven’t changed, maybe people do feel more comfortable saying how they felt now because there’s less chance of being pounced on.

I don’t remember seeing any particular anti-AJ posts (I certainly don’t think saying you thought someone’s dances were overrated puts you in an “anti” category).
I meant as in the "shouty", "vapid" and "self-absorbed" comments that came up when the idea of her replacing Janette was floated. Ditto people equating AJ's crazy fans with AJ.

FWIW, I think it could be worth AJ having a depreciation/unappreciation thread on the "Traditional Celebs" part of the forum (as well as a rave thread if people really feel that strongly about a middling, perenially unemployed presenter) so this thread doesn't become clogged up with AJ and her fans.

Last edited:
Completely agree with you! Especially about the CC. That wasn't even choreographed by Giovanni so I don't know where these people are getting off insinuating that she couldn't have done it without him!
God I remember the DS fuss when people suggested Gio should have mentioned the choreographers and LadyL putting everyone in their place and even slagging off Arduino (one of the choreographers) for trying to make it about him (even though that was presumably a huge moment in his career and he was just signalling that he had done it).

And I am now going to spend most of today thinking about a Nikita and Rose partnership. Can you imagine??! after what he did with Tilly. He and Rose are also closer in age and I can imagine the cute routines he'd have come up with and the social media content that would have been excellent!

Reactions: 3
I meant as in the "shouty", "vapid" and "self-absorbed" comments that came up when the idea of her replacing Janette was floated. Ditto people equating AJ's crazy fans with AJ.

FWIW, I think it would be worth AJ having a depreciation/unappreciation thread on the "Traditional Celebs" part of the forum (as well as a rave thread if people really feel that strongly about a middling, perenially unemployed presenter) so this thread doesn't become clogged up with AJ and her fans.
But out of the whole entire series, that’s pretty much the worst comments she got! Tom Fletcher could only dream of getting those comments 😂

Twice I suggested a rave thread to someone who could set up a thread. I genuinely didn’t think there was a need for a thread in celebs but I’m sure if other people did they would have said.

And I still don’t think “oh no, she’s so loud she’d be a nightmare on ITT” is anything other than someone’s personal observation, it’s hardly anti-AJ

Reactions: 5
I don't think there are going to be enough AJ comments to warrant an unappreciation or appreciation thread. There's not a lot to say about her now really. I only brought her up in the light of agreeing that Rose maybe wasn't the strongest winner but we didn't really have a strong female contestant and I personally felt Rose's Latin, while still also not good, wasn't messy like AJ's. Yes, it was easier choreo but scaling back the choreography for AJ could have been a smart move when she was clearly struggling.

I certainly didn't want to kick off a huge AJ discussion (unless it's AJ Pritchard we're talking about!)

Reactions: 8
I don't think there are going to be enough AJ comments to warrant an unappreciation or appreciation thread. There's not a lot to say about her now really. I only brought her up in the light of agreeing that Rose maybe wasn't the strongest winner but we didn't really have a strong female contestant and I personally felt Rose's Latin, while still bad, wasn't messy like AJ's. Certainly didn't want to kick off a huge AJ discussion (unless it's AJ Pritchard we're talking about!)
I think you’re right, my comments about a rave thread felt like a polite way of pointing out that these threads weren’t just to talk about one person

Reactions: 3
Think we’re all a bit damned if we do, damned if we don’t when it comes to praising and critiquing AJ. Hopefully she’ll just take her place in the hall of ringers and then that’ll all be done with. Although there’s a part of me that will really miss Dr. Be’s ludicrous outbursts every week 🤣

I think there was only one poster who was massively pro-AJ and she seems to have stopped posting now. The DS ATs are rave threads/delusion threads whereas I feel here there isn't much consensus (apart from mocking Pritchards/Neil, and we love Nikita).

Reactions: 8
I think there was only one poster who was massively pro-AJ and she seems to have stopped posting now. The DS ATs are rave threads/delusion threads whereas I feel here there isn't much consensus (apart from mocking Pritchards/Neil, and we love Nikita).
I’m pretty sure the person you are referring to posts regularly about AJ on DS and twitter, but hasn’t been on here for a while.

Reactions: 1
Looks quite intriguing especially as it wont be a competition type show.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.