Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a sweetheart that man is! Shame about his wife, but hey, can’t win ‘em all
They seem so completely different - I know opposites attract but I can’t imagine what they talk about. Mind you if you’re married to Pasha, who’s going to waste time taliing

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm not picking up leaving vibes from any other pros, so I think that it's probably just Oti going for now. I did wonder about Aljaz (still wondering a little bit tbh) but unless they have presenting job lined up for him, I don't know why he'd leave

Anyone else reckon Neil might be destined for the bench again after messing up with Nina last year? This could just be wishful thinking on my part though ha

Reactions: 9
I'm not picking up leaving vibes from any other pros, so I think that it's probably just Oti going for now. I did wonder about Aljaz (still wondering a little bit tbh) but unless they have presenting job lined up for him, I don't know why he'd leave

Anyone else reckon Neil might be destined for the bench again after messing up with Nina last year? This could just be wishful thinking on my part though ha
I think if he is benched this year, then we could say goodbye to Neil next year - in terms of contestants as I think he’ll stay on in some sort of choreography role. He seems popular 😳

I think Nancy will get a partner this year as getting to the semi-final of your first thing is no bad thing. It’ll be interesting to see if there will be 10-hour days with no coffee breaks if she does feature again.

I agree re Aljaz but I’m still not convinced Gorka will be back. I hope they’ll both still be there

Reactions: 1
I think the only reason Nadiya would stay in Slovenia would be personal? but if she has an arrangement with her ex that works re her daughter she would be stupid to give up SCD. She has a very high profile now, between Dan, and whatever mess went on with Kai. She has a good chance of getting a real contender this year, I'd say, though I have to say that it was Dan who really humanised her, so I'd be interested to see how she comes across with someone else. I find her insta persona pretty boring.
And hope Nikita gets someone really good (but obv not so good they get accused of being a ringer).

Reactions: 5
I think if he is benched this year, then we could say goodbye to Neil next year - in terms of contestants as I think he’ll stay on in some sort of choreography role. He seems popular 😳

I think Nancy will get a partner this year as getting to the semi-final of your first thing is no bad thing. It’ll be interesting to see if there will be 10-hour days with no coffee breaks if she does feature again.

I agree re Aljaz but I’m still not convinced Gorka will be back. I hope they’ll both still be there
I was a bit worried about Gorka last year, but in all the press stuff for their tour, both him and Karen have indicated they're back so I think it will be fine for this series at least

Neil definitely seems popular with the pros. I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but I just don't think he comes across well at all. At the very least he needs to drop the 'comedy' stuff

I guess for the female pros, they'll just bench whoever replaces Oti?

Reactions: 3

Gorka said on his Instagram stories that he wasn’t going to be leaving so think he will be back. And will probably continue to build up his fitness brand on the side

Reactions: 4
Nikita looks so sad and exhausted in his latest stories. My heart breaks for him and his family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
The only good news from Ukraine so far is that DWTS Maks is reunited with Peta in LA. So happy for them.

Poor Nikita, he looks really upset.

Reactions: 3
Aw that photo of him and his grandma. Heart-breaking. I really feel for him and his sister, they are posting so much about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Oti has obviously gone, I think this will be Dianne’s last year as well as Luba, Neil and Gorka. I don’t get the feeling that Gorka enjoys it anymore.
I also think that Giovanni will go elsewhere, apparently DWTS America wanted him. Kai will become a firm favourite alongside jowita and Cameron. Can’t see nadiya returning from slovenia so I think she might go too and they’ll bring someone from burn the floor in.
I honestly can’t see seven pros all leaving at the same time, especially not after a couple of years of reduced earning potential due to the pandemic and (Oti aside, of course) with no apparent evidence of lucrative alternative work lined up.

Oti’s gone, and one of two more might follow, but I’d be very surprised if half the pro cast upped sticks simultaneously.

I honestly can’t see seven pros all leaving at the same time, especially not after a couple of years of reduced earning potential due to the pandemic and (Oti aside, of course) with no apparent evidence of lucrative alternative work lined up.

Oti’s already gone of course, and one of two more might follow, but I’d be very surprised if half the pro cast upped sticks simultaneously.
I think they’ll have a total rejig after this series myself, what’s the point in Luba being there bar the pro dances?

Ugh the Gio stans have migrated from DS to the DM comments on her recent award win. Apparently she would be NOTHING without him. Talk about misogyny:
While I agree Rose deserves these awards, let's not forget who made it possible. Giovanni was an incredible teacher bringing out the best in her. Supporting and getting involved in the deaf community too. It was his idea for the silent part of their couple's choice which has become an iconic dance. Rose has done remarkedly well as a deaf person and I applaud her but it was brilliant teamwork throughout.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Ugh the Gio stans have migrated from DS to the DM comments on her recent award win. Apparently she would be NOTHING without him. Talk about misogyny:
These people are ridiculous. I suspect deep down some of them are turning against Rose because she didn't declare her undying love for Giovanni and is simply getting on with her life that doesn't seem to involve him much. But yes, just good old fashioned misogyny

Had a look at the comments and had to laugh at one that says Rose should take style advice from Gio - a man that dresses like Boycie from Only Fools and Horses (sorry, I'm not a fan of the suits). I think Rose looks great in those photos

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I was a bit worried about Gorka last year, but in all the press stuff for their tour, both him and Karen have indicated they're back so I think it will be fine for this series at least

Neil definitely seems popular with the pros. I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but I just don't think he comes across well at all. At the very least he needs to drop the 'comedy' stuff

I guess for the female pros, they'll just bench whoever replaces Oti?
I think Neil is 40. Could he be the new Anton? 😬

Reactions: 1
These people are ridiculous. I suspect deep down some of them are turning against Rose because she didn't declare her undying love for Giovanni and is simply getting on with her life that doesn't seem to involve him much. But yes, just good old fashioned misogyny

Had a look at the comments and had to laugh at one that says Rose should take style advice from Gio - a man that dresses like Boycie from Only Fools and Horses (sorry, I'm not a fan of the suits). I think Rose looks great in those photos
I think you're right - some of the same people are clearly on DS and DM muttering about why she keeps her relationship so private and isn't that sus? implying the relationship is failing and it's only a matter of time till she steps out with Gio on his insta page (spoiler: never gonna happen). Although they were a great partnership, my view (maybe controversial) is that she might have won with someone else (I could see her having a lovely partnership with Aljaz or Gorka and people really bought into her journey, understandably) but he probably wouldn't have won without her.

unpopular opinion but rose was the most over rated contestant to grace strictly and she was MILES behind the others in terms of ability on the tour for me, bar max who was awful. I respect what she’s done is admirable and she seems sweet but this obsession with her is ridiculous.

That wasn’t aimed at you personally soccergirl, just in general

• Haha
unpopular opinion but rose was the most over rated contestant to grace strictly and she was MILES behind the others in terms of ability on the tour for me, bar max who was awful. I respect what she’s done is admirable and she seems sweet but this obsession with her is ridiculous.

That wasn’t aimed at you personally soccergirl, just in general
I like Rose but am not a stan! I just think it's mad that they can't recognise her own achievements. I think ultimately I would have preferred her with one of the other pros, just to avoid the LadyLavender BS.

Whilst I agree that Rose was a bit overrated in that she wasn't actually a brilliant dancer, I just don't think we had a brilliant female celeb. I personally thought Rose was just a little better than AJ. They were both quite similar in that they were stronger in ballroom and weaker in Latin, but AJ's Latin really was bad and that's without the challenge of needing to feel rather than hear complicated rhythm patterns. Rose was also better at acting and selling her dances.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.