Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Laughing at the poster in the epic DS Fleur-hating thread who criticised her ‘twerking’. Love, every time a black woman dances she’s not twerking! (‘Why you always gotta add the ‘ing’?!’)
There was no twerking in that dance! So many microaggressions, ugh.

Reactions: 15
It not just the celebs but the Pros too they are all so media trained and well behaved now a days they are becoming a tad boring. This lot would never dare put their after party antics on SM compared to years past.
I agree, but to a large extent I don’t blame them for being so cautious and relatively ‘bland’ in the current era of ‘cancel culture’.

Imagine James Jordan telling Georgina Bouzova to put down the Maltesers and get up off her arse or Brendan telling Fiona Phillips she was must be ‘a crap shag’ because she couldn’t move her hips nowadays - the social media shitstorm would be quite the spectacle. 😱

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Laughing at the poster in the epic DS Fleur-hating thread who criticised her ‘twerking’. Love, every time a black woman dances she’s not twerking! (‘Why you always gotta add the ‘ing’?!’)
Lol, yep, apparently moving your bum slightly now equals twerking. 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️
I think that some people on DS are just annoyed that Fleur's CC wasn't the flop that they thought that it would be.

Reactions: 7
Controversial but I'm starting to go off Hamza 😳
He's gone from being sweet and gentle to just a bit subdued and dare I say a bit grumpy???
He also hasn't wowed me with a dance since his salsa. I still think he'll win though
Interested to know what you’ve seen from him that’s made him come across as grumpy? I’m not doubting you but just curious as I don’t see that at all from him, he’s quiet but I think he always comes across as very sweet and respectful regardless of what his scores/comments are.

Reactions: 12
I am already picturing Tess making Molly feel better 😁 (not really) by reminding her about how often she has already been in the dance off.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just catching up on last night’s Strictly. Is Claudia OK? I know she has a naturally slim frame but her outfit was hanging off her.

Reactions: 8
Lol, yep, apparently moving your bum slightly now equals twerking. 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️
I think that some people on DS are just annoyed that Fleur's CC wasn't the flop that they thought that it would be.
There will only be 1 twerker on Strictly and that is Judi Love😍. And thanks to her we saw Grazianos lovely personality.

(Ps who cares about DS opinions? Just everyone stay on the tattle side and you'll be happier 😄)

Reactions: 10
There will only be 1 twerker on Strictly and that is Judi Love😍. And thanks to her we saw Grazianos lovely personality.

(Ps who cares about DS opinions? Just everyone stay on the tattle side and you'll be happier 😄)
I don't know if there are other Gogglebox viewers on here but I still remember Giles described that (in a slightly surprised tone) as 'oh, she stuck out her bottom and he looked at it' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have never been in Blackpool but I would like to visit it.
I hope that they did enjoy being back there - for the ones, including the judges and Tess and Claudia who have been there before. And that the newbies enjoyed it too.

The see through raincoats had been mentioned on ITT 😁 I thought they would only wear them if it was actually raining though 😁. Someone said on the previous thread that the lift was like the one in Are You Being Served which made me lol when I saw it.

I liked the judges joining in the opening dance. 😁.
A PP came up with a brilliant idea for a Blackpool dance, of them dancing post a competition, and I think that would make a great Blackpool opening number. Have professional dancers do a proper dance in a proper competition ballroom. They can prance around in rainmacs at Elstree any week!

Reactions: 7
Hamza - Wanted to like it more than I did. It was good, but not wow, except for the last lift. Shame about being a little off time at the end too. Jowita's choreography has been great so far, but this wasn't her best. I love Hamza but I think he needs to work a little more on showmanship. Starting to think Helen could have a chance at challenging him for the glitterball if she continues to improve and he doesn't.

Molly - Oh dear. What a mess. Poor girl. Not sure how much to blame Carlos and how much to blame production, but nothing about that worked. Horrible, ill-fitting song, weird choreography, loads of pointless running around, backing dancers in horrible outfits stealing attention. Not sure if she was simply hopeless at jive or if she was just completely demoralized by being handed that horrible routine. :(

Tyler - Don't shoot me, but it was one of the only dances I liked. Surprised it doesn't seem to have gone over well online. At least it was fun, I liked the lifts and didn't think the hip action was too bad. Better than Will anyway. For once, I've not got a clue what Craig was seeing.

Will - Hated the choreography, not enough Samba in it. Thought he'd be better from the rehearsal footage. Just a load of wiggling about, what few Samba steps he did were meh at best. He's probably the one I'd like to see go most this week, of course it won't happen though. At least the costumes were good. Loved Nancy's rainbow bum feathers!

Ellie - I like her but I wish she was improving more. She got totally done over this week though, not sure if Johannes' fault (I've never liked much of his choreography) or if the producers are desperately trying to send her packing. Horrible song, horrible plain beige dress (at least it had a big swirly skirt,) meh choreography and camerawork done by someone either off their tits or having a seizure. Possibly both. In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume the Prop From Hell was foisted upon them. Dear god why wasn't it at the start rather than the end though? Wouldn't have looked nearly as bad and timewastey then. Poor, poor Ellie. :(

Kym - Song wasn't as bad as I'd feared, but it wasn't good. Sung horribly as expected, and just such a shame she didn't get traditional music. If they really wanted a Rihanna song surely there were at least one or two others that would have worked better? I feel like Te Amo might have suited a Flamenco-y Paso (maybe, I know duck all about music/dance timings though.) I'm guessing it's because she hurt her back a couple of weeks ago, but I thought some of the shaping was a bit messy. At least the backing dancers felt like they were serving some purpose instead of just being there to trip over.

Fleur - Worried what little support they had has been obliterated with that overscoring. :( It was fine, I didn't hate it (well, I found the Beyonce impersonation parts a bit cringey) but God I wish Couple's Choice would just duck off altogether, the few good ones aren't worth the waste of time and potential the rest take up. I feel like it looked better in rehearsal? I thought it looked a little messy, but I have a theory that the reflectiveness of the outfits might have had something to do with it, perhaps making it look worse on camera than it did in the studio? I thought most of the choreography was fine, but I really thought the 'heartbeat' move would have worked lot better on the gaspy bit of Lose My Breath. At least the singing didn't make me want to jump off a cliff for once.

Helen - Was a bit huh at the outfits at first, but then I liked that they were a bit different. Helen as usual fails to blow me away (she just looks awkward, stiff and not really enjoying herself to me, sorry) but still a big improvement over the majority of her bland dances I can barely remember. Also one of the rare cases of the backing dancers actually adding something to the dance rather than hindering. Lmao at the ending, bit cringey, but hey, it was a step up from that time Gio and Graz made vaguely horrified expressions at the camera after not even actually kissing (cowards! 😂) I was gonna say, shame it wasn't someone a bit more appealing than Cameron, on second thought, thank god it wasn't Neil! 😂

I'd be fine with Blackpool bleeping off altogether. It's sometimes cute how excited the pros and celebs get about it but that's pretty much its only upside. There's always so much awkward titting about to try to fill the space and 70-80% of time the extra dancers are as useless as tits on a bull, at best, at worst they're actively getting in the way or drawing too much attention.

Reactions: 9
I agree with other posters who say this season is lacking a bit of spark. I've been watching Strictly since day one and the format has felt rusty this year. It's hard coming off the back of last year, which for me was the best series ever - that was all down to AJ, John and Rose though (can't see them ever getting a top 3 to beat those).

Reactions: 12
I agree with other posters who say this season is lacking a bit of spark. I've been watching Strictly since day one and the format has felt rusty this year. It's hard coming off the back of last year, which for me was the best series ever - that was all down to AJ, John and Rose though (can't see them ever getting a top 3 to beat those).
I can't watch the results show anymore, it's just too tedious.

Reactions: 5
The series is lacking spark but we're also seeing the effects of poor production decisions play out. It started in 2019 but the show had a lot of goodwill for getting on air in 2020 and then having such a special cast in 2021 so it wasn't as noticeable as this year.

Reactions: 9
I don't know if there are other Gogglebox viewers on here but I still remember Giles described that (in a slightly surprised tone) as 'oh, she stuck out her bottom and he looked at it' 🤣
One of my favourite moments of last series!

A PP came up with a brilliant idea for a Blackpool dance, of them dancing post a competition, and I think that would make a great Blackpool opening number. Have professional dancers do a proper dance in a proper competition ballroom. They can prance around in rainmacs at Elstree any week!
Many years ago there was a Blackpool group dance (VW, maybe), where they were in old school ‘Come Dancing’ costumes: brightly coloured, huge net skirts, I think.
I’ve tried so hard to find it again but can’t. Does anyone remember it?

Attachments

• Haha
One of my favourite moments of last series!

Many years ago there was a Blackpool group dance (VW, maybe), where they were in old school ‘Come Dancing’ costumes: brightly coloured, huge net skirts, I think.
I’ve tried so hard to find it again but can’t. Does anyone remember it?

are you thinking of this?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.