Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got the impression that the excitement from the pro’s and the whole “it’s Blackpool week” was actually a bit much for some of the celebs.They all seemed more nervous and subdued than usual 🙁

Reactions: 16
I mean, they can still come over and enjoy the show with her! If they don't come because she's not in the final, that says more about them than anything else.
Exactly, but they have clearly decided she was unjustly binned from the competition and are fewmin/devastated

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I got the impression that the excitement from the pro’s and the whole “it’s Blackpool week” was actually a bit much for some of the celebs.They all seemed more nervous and subdued than usual 🙁
Yeah, I'd agree with that. There seem to be a few introverts among the celebs (defo Helen and Hamza) and it must be overwhelming to have all the dancers around you and get used to the bouncy floor.

Reactions: 8
I think they're just exhausted and expected to feel the Blackpool vibe.
Reality is they travel far to continue training, practice with other professionals they don't know, film unnecessary roller coaster VTs, probably sleeping in a travelodge and having to listen to the delightful shrills of the Hen parties walking past at 3am.

Reactions: 12
I really feel like Strictly peaked last year. As someone who has watched every year from series 1, I remember all too well what I call "The X Factor years" when X Factor was at its peak and Strictly just couldn't compete. These were the years of Chris Hollins, Louis Smith, Ore etc...the ratings were low and I feel like a lot of people thought it has had its day. Then somehow, and I'm really not sure what it was, it got its sparkle back, ratings grew and it became THE show to watch again. For me it was the Stacey Dooley year, the Kelvin Fletcher year then the Bill Bailey year, all building up to the great final two last year of Rose and John. This year has fallen flat in comparison.

Like many have said, couples choice either needs to go completely or be a themed week. You cannot judge a dance where there a no technical requirements against ones where there are many. And let's not get started on the likes of Molly who don't even get a proper CC and instead have it shoved into a theme week. There are very few CC's I've ever liked. I would have rather Fleur got her 40 last week for the Samba.

I think it was when Ellie and Johanas did theirs that they mentioned "there were no rules this week"....that's what the showdance in the final was for. No rules and a chance to show off the celebs skills. Couples Choice used to have to be 1 of three styles, not just a free for all.

I also think they need to have similar dances each week. Not neccesarily how it used to be where there was 1 ballroom and 1 latin each week as I can see how that would get repetitive and boring, but at least a similar vibe to make it easier to compare. E.g. pasos, tangos and argentine tangos, salsas and sambas, foxtrots and american smooths, jives and charlestons. At least that way you can form more of a sense of who is actually better than who.

Apart from Hamza and Tyler I don't think anyone left is particularly likeable. I know many on here don't like Tyler but I like the fact he seems genuinely made up to be doing the show and determined to make the most of it, unlike a lot of the bigger names who do it and then seem to act like they're above it.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I mean, they can still come over and enjoy the show with her! If they don't come because she's not in the final, that says more about them than anything else.
Surely it’s better to come over once she’s no longer partnering a celeb in the show as that way they’ll actually get to spend some time with her, rather than seeing her for 15 seconds a day in between training, ITT, filming BBC promos/VTs, other publicity appearances, and being too knackered to do much else

Reactions: 13
Surely it’s better to come over once she’s no longer partnering a celeb in the show as that way they’ll actually get to spend some time with her, rather than seeing her for 15 seconds a day in between training, ITT, filming BBC promos/VTs, other publicity appearances, and being too knackered to do much else
Yeah, seems more ideal to not have the pressure/demands on time and not have everything be about Strictly. Plus if she is really gutted about being eliminated, her parents will be a great support to her.

Reactions: 3
I think what made last year so special and exciting was that couples choices were largely sentimental and celebratory as opposed to a sob story, Rose said after her incredible CC that she wanted to show the absolute joy of being deaf, which I think was far more powerful than a Beyonce tribute or Will Mellor crying to his grown up kids

Reactions: 22
I wouldn’t say the remaining celebs aren’t likeable (bar maybe Will)? One critique I see a lot is that they’re all too nice/bland.

Reactions: 4
I really feel like Strictly peaked last year. As someone who has watched every year from series 1, I remember all too well what I call "The X Factor years" when X Factor was at its peak and Strictly just couldn't compete. These were the years of Chris Hollins, Louis Smith, Ore etc...the ratings were low and I feel like a lot of people thought it has had its day. Then somehow, and I'm really not sure what it was, it got its sparkle back, ratings grew and it became THE show to watch again. For me it was the Stacey Dooley year, the Kelvin Fletcher year then the Bill Bailey year, all building up to the great final two last year of Rose and John. This year has fallen flat in comparison.

Like many have said, couples choice either needs to go completely or be a themed week. You cannot judge a dance where there a no technical requirements against ones where there are many. And let's not get started on the likes of Molly who don't even get a proper CC and instead have it shoved into a theme week. There are very few CC's I've ever liked. I would have rather Fleur got her 40 last week for the Samba.

I think it was when Ellie and Johanas did theirs that they mentioned "there were no rules this week"....that's what the showdance in the final was for. No rules and a chance to show off the celebs skills. Couples Choice used to have to be 1 of three styles, not just a free for all.

I also think they need to have similar dances each week. Not neccesarily how it used to be where there was 1 ballroom and 1 latin each week as I can see how that would get repetitive and boring, but at least a similar vibe to make it easier to compare. E.g. pasos, tangos and argentine tangos, salsas and sambas, foxtrots and american smooths, jives and charlestons. At least that way you can form more of a sense of who is actually better than who.

Apart from Hamza and Tyler I don't think anyone left is particularly likeable. I know many on here don't like Tyler but I like the fact he seems genuinely made up to be doing the show and determined to make the most of it, unlike a lot of the bigger names who do it and then seem to act like they're above it.
I don’t think it’s going to go down as a classic year … but that’s fine most of them aren’t, especially when they do come off the back of a classic series. I think the big problem is that they are desperately trying to make happen. Just let it be and it will settle somewhere towards the upper middle of the rankings.

I would t say the remaining celebs aren’t likeable (bar maybe Will)? One critique I see a lot is that they’re all too nice/bland.
They seem to lack energy in their personality, I mean I like the calmness of Hazma, and i don't want extroverted and brash Towie types, but last year we had AJ's joy, Rose's comedy (and John's lucky penny in his pants).

Kym is slowly coming out.
But the celebs seem to lack sense of humour
I think this year unless you watch ITT it's hard to connect with the personalities on a Saturday night only.

Reactions: 9
Controversial but I'm starting to go off Hamza 😳
He's gone from being sweet and gentle to just a bit subdued and dare I say a bit grumpy???
He also hasn't wowed me with a dance since his salsa. I still think he'll win though

• Sad
This is the first year since it started that I haven’t watched it. I’ve loved every season up until now and watched it religiously. Louis smith was fab bloody loved him.for me I don’t like 3/4 judges. Not really keen on any of the Celebs… think it’s needs a mix up of dances as well. Im on board with CC being a themed week. It’s boring when someone gets 40 against someone else doing a proper technical dance. Just not feeling it this year.

Reactions: 2
It not just the celebs but the Pros too they are all so media trained and well behaved now a days they are becoming a tad boring. This lot would never dare put their after party antics on SM compared to years past.

I wouldn’t say the remaining celebs aren’t likeable (bar maybe Will)? One critique I see a lot is that they’re all too nice/bland.
I was about to say the same. I quite like all of them and yes Will is a bit mardy no doubt 😁 and I kinda want to see how he will handle it if he doesn't win, or at least get to the final.

I don't dislike him though and I think Nancy has shone this year while working with him, we have seen another side to her. Rhys was very funny on ITT about his reaction to seeing her dance with someone else. 😁

I think there's genuine good natured friendship between all of the celebs who are left.
Not necessarily 'friends for life' or anything but a nice vibe.

I have never been in Blackpool but I would like to visit it.
I hope that they did enjoy being back there - for the ones, including the judges and Tess and Claudia who have been there before. And that the newbies enjoyed it too.

The see through raincoats had been mentioned on ITT 😁 I thought they would only wear them if it was actually raining though 😁. Someone said on the previous thread that the lift was like the one in Are You Being Served which made me lol when I saw it.

I liked the judges joining in the opening dance. 😁.
I want to know if Craig can do anything else but twizzle. :rolleyes:

For all his sharp, critical critique it smacks of 'I know how it is supposed to be done, but cannot do it myself'.

Yes, his comment to Will about giving Tyler lessons on his hip movement was quite unnecessary and undignified.😒

Reactions: 11
I was about to say the same. I quite like all of them and yes Will is a bit mardy no doubt 😁 and I kinda want to see how he will handle it if he doesn't win, or at least get to the final.

I don't dislike him though and I think Nancy has shone this year while working with him, we have seen another side to her. Rhys was very funny on ITT about his reaction to seeing her dance with someone else. 😁

I think there's genuine good natured friendship between all of the celebs who are left.
Not necessarily 'friends for life' or anything but a nice vibe.
Yeah I loved seeing how happy the other pros and celebs were in the Clauditorium when Fleur got her 40. No jealousy at all.

But I get it would be exciting to have a villain/showmance/bad sport

I also remember ‘The X Factor years’ and I think people forget Strictly was very much in the shadows then. It changed in about 2012 I think when Simon Cowell left the X Factor and people suddenly started to wake up to how manipulated it was. Strictly seemed much nicer and more fun in comparison and gradually overtook it in popularity. Completely OT but one day we’ll find out the truth about XF and how bad things were behind the scenes.

Laughing at the poster in the epic DS Fleur-hating thread who criticised her ‘twerking’. Love, every time a black woman dances she’s not twerking! (‘Why you always gotta add the ‘ing’?!’)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.