Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blackpool happened a bit anti-climatic.
Strictly works best without any theme.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Loved seeing them all dance to Fleur’s song Sax at the after party 🤣

Reactions: 7
Answering the last point on the last thread - yes, it wasn't right of them to laugh at Tyler's natural hair as a child and make fun of the Afro wig.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
@Fillyjonk you are spot on. Blackpool has way more to offer than the vast majority of the country and yet it gets a bad name in the press. They should have done more to promote the illuminations, sealife, zoo, Tusuards, 3 piers, pleasure beach, winter gardens, opera house, tower and the many other things to go there to see. Even the iconic Pretty Little Thing pink tram they have :D

Reactions: 12
The Blackpool results show might be more exciting than the Blackpool dance show!

(Actually now that Tony is gone, it really could be any good dancer - trying to build up excitement for tonight).

Loved seeing them all dance to Fleur’s song Sax at the after party 🤣
Must get savvy and get instagram for the inside news!

Reactions: 3

I've just realised I didn't see any train...... did I miss the train in my wine induced haze or was it not there?
The train was at the beginning of Tyler and Dianne's dance. Really was pointless considering how expensive and heavy they said it was, basically they sat in it, waved and got out.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The train was at the beginning of Tyler and Dianne's dance. Really was pointless considering how expensive and heavy they said it was, basically they sat in it, waved and got out.

duck I think I better go back and watch last night with fresh sober eyes

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have never been in Blackpool but I would like to visit it.
I hope that they did enjoy being back there - for the ones, including the judges and Tess and Claudia who have been there before. And that the newbies enjoyed it too.

The see through raincoats had been mentioned on ITT 😁 I thought they would only wear them if it was actually raining though 😁. Someone said on the previous thread that the lift was like the one in Are You Being Served which made me lol when I saw it.

I liked the judges joining in the opening dance. 😁.

I really liked Fleur’s CC but it’s crazy to me that it can be judged against the other dances fairly. There aren’t any specific moves or combinations to look out for. Not sure if it’s been discussed here before but why don’t they make CC a theme week when there’s still a decent amount of celebs still in the comp and they can be judged against each other?

On another note, I’ve been watching this show for years and years but have only been invested for the last 3-4. I’ve never really thought about it until last night but WTAF is a sprung floor?!?! I’ve obviously heard the constant references to it on Blackpool week but never considered what it really means. Does it really make that much of a difference?

Reactions: 17
I really liked Fleur’s CC but it’s crazy to me that it can be judged against the other dances fairly. There aren’t any specific moves or combinations to look out for. Not sure if it’s been discussed here before but why don’t they make CC a theme week when there’s still a decent amount of celebs still in the comp and they can be judged against each other?

On another note, I’ve been watching this show for years and years but have only been invested for the last 3-4. I’ve never really thought about it until last night but WTAF is a sprung floor?!?! I’ve obviously heard the constant references to it on Blackpool week but never considered what it really means. Does it really make that much of a difference?
Idk if I’m explaining this properly so forgive me! sprung floors feel/are(?) softer on the feet so they are supposed to compliment dancing quite well in terms bounces/jumps/up and down motions (?).

Reactions: 8

Yep a sprung floor can make a big difference. They're used in dancing and some sports because they have give in them when you land. They're safer because they absorb the shock as you land and less likely to cause injuries. It also helps give a bit of height and lightness when you dance.
But that does mean they're slightly bouncy so it feels quite different and in dance it can impact on timing etc

Reactions: 10
I saw it on twitter but I think it was originally posted by Amy’s sister on her instagram story, her names Becky Dowden.
Aw Fleur, Vito, Nikita and others bopping away! Hope we get more pics from the party!

Dianne fan girlies on Twitter going mental and crying because her parents won’t get to see her dance. Maybe they should have come over a bit earlier 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dianne fan girlies on Twitter going mental and crying because her parents won’t get to see her dance. Maybe they should have come over a bit earlier 🤪
I mean, they can still come over and enjoy the show with her! If they don't come because she's not in the final, that says more about them than anything else.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.