Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #26 Blackpool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was always the case when the BBC operated out of the Television Centre when they needed the studio for CiN. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread CiN was broadcast from Salford on Friday, so it seems that the Blackpool thing is now the norm rather than having to move out for logistical purposes.
Ah thank you I stand corrected! I knew that was the case years ago, I assumed it still was. Must cost the production an absolute fortune to take all the dancers, crew etc up, accommodate them all, feed them all etc… is it worth it? Last night was a dud!

Reactions: 1
I thought Motsi’s hair looked very regal.
It was nice having them all on the one panel rather than isolated on their own. Still cross about the Craig 10 manipulation.

Reactions: 11
Ah thank you I stand corrected! I knew that was the case years ago, I assumed it still was. Must cost the production an absolute fortune to take all the dancers, crew etc up, accommodate them all, feed them all etc… is it worth it? Last night was a dud!
Judging By the way the whole episode seems to promote Blackpool … I wonder if they get a hefty discount from the Blackpool Tourist Board?

Reactions: 5
Judging By the way the whole episode seems to promote Blackpool … I wonder if they get a hefty discount from the Blackpool Tourist Board?
I must say, I didn't watch it and think "I HAVE to go to Blackpool" at any point.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

That is so unfair, but talking up the place wouldn't make a clickbait article. They have areas that need doing up but then so does every single place in the country. It's a wonderful town and most other places wish they had as much going for it as Blackpool.

Reactions: 4

That is so unfair, but talking up the place wouldn't make a clickbait article. They have areas that need doing up but then so does every single place in the country. It's a wonderful town and most other places wish they had as much going for it as Blackpool.
I would like to have seen more of and about Blackpool - considering this was the Blackpool show, they just did a sweeping comment about the history of the ballroom. We barely saw any of Blackpool bar a few rides and arcades - can't remember if we even got to see the illuminations.

how is ellie staying in? She has a lovely personality but she moves like a wooden dolly. I feel like she is taking up space now like tony was starting to.

Reactions: 5
how is ellie staying in? She has a lovely personality but she moves like a wooden dolly. I feel like she is taking up space now like tony was starting to.
I reckon she'll go next week as it's party Latin time.

Reactions: 3
The one thing I will say about Motsi is she embraces her hair and her culture with pride that it deserves and is wonderful to see.
But she also does some crazy, ridiculous hairstyles. I dont like to critically comment on looks (that makes me uncomfortable - clothes i can manage!). But she is open to discussion as is Helen's awful hairstyle last night, and why was "ok" to mock Brucie's toupee for covering his baldness.
Would I laugh at her hair? NO. But if she wears her hair in a stupid style because she can doesn't mean I can't think it looks ridiculous because it's her hair. It's not mocking her black hair, it's not about not getting the importance of her hair, or not getting her repression, it's about someone not liking an OTT style eg Shirley and her stupid Pom pom hair, Claudias ridiculous long fringe. On here I would like to believe that those criticising her hairatyles would also think like that too
That's well observed point. It's not making fun of her actual hair. It's clearly a hair piece that's even styled in a specific way. It is unusual. If anyone was commenting on her natural hair then there would be grounds to find the comments offensive. As far as I can see the comments are based on the style that she has had added.

However on the main show they all seemed to think it was quite funny to comment on Tyler's afro wig being based on his natural hair and showing the throwback photo as a child to the real afro he had then. And they all laughed about it and that's actually based on his natural real hair, not an unusual looking piece. That surprised me more because surely that's more insensitive to laugh at the idea of his real hair being an afro?

Reactions: 3
I was thinking about last night and I absolutely HATED the styling for Helen and Gorka's dance. What was the need for the leather jacket, ragged dress and My Little Pony Goes Punk hairdo? It wasn't her at all and didn't even suit the music - Valerie has retro motifs in the music so they could have worn 60s style, which would have suited Blackpool better.
I thought it might've been an Amy Winehouse/2007 throwback

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.