Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #26 Blackpool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I agree with this. I don't mind Tyler, but Dianne is irritating and not a good teacher. She would nit be able to vote with someone like Tony, whereas Katya, for example, can really bring out the best in even the most ropey dancer. It seems that the Strictly PTB know that, so they give Katya the ones they think needs work and the easier ones to Dianne, which isn't fair really
I think it's time for her to go now or at least have a stint on the bench. She finally had a chance with a dancer with ability and the few dances she choreographed for him were criticised for not having notable dance content. It really felt like the choreo was showcasing her rather than him. Tyler seemed to go backward in terms of progress, whereas another partner might have honed in on his flaws and pushed him to improve (Nancy certainly would!)

Reactions: 10
Someone on DS just pointed out that Tyler's afro wig meant there was an even bigger height difference between him and Dianne and now he looks like a giant next to her to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Well... she did kind of have a sob story. But I feel AWFUL even bringing that up, given the circumstances.

Although I will say, I did like how she handled it on the show.
I suspect that production strong-armed Kym into including that story, just as I feel that many of the personal/‘sob’ stories are insisted upon by the ex-X-Factor/BGT exec producer the show has now.
There’s been a distinct shift of tone over the last few years and I don’t think the contestants are leading the guard on that.

Reactions: 7
Re the criticism of Fleur bringing up her dad again - don't get mad at her, but at production. They will have probed her with questions and asked her to say that.

Same with Will. They have a lot less choice over what they say for VTs than we think.

Reactions: 10
On Dave Thorp watch, once again he had no mole, the result came from another source on the thread although he proceeds to post the confirmed result as if sourced himself. At one point last night he asked the person who gave the result which judge voted who, probably so he could post it on his web page. 😐

All hail Juliet who often gets the result first but does not get the plaudits, a blue tick, or requires some kind of adulation. Not being ungrateful for his input but it is the taking credit when there seems to be several sources for a confirmed result these days. So much for the BBC trying to eek out the mole!! :rolleyes: 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Re the criticism of Fleur bringing up her dad again - don't get mad at her, but at production. They will have probed her with questions and asked her to say that.

Same with Will. They have a lot less choice over what they say for VTs than we think.
I don't see the problem with Fleur talking about her family because she wasn't talking in a negative way. Like she wasn't saying something like times were hard for her family or anything.

On another note, I didn't like Hamza's American Smooth. I haven't liked any of his dances yet.

Reactions: 3
I was thinking about last night and I absolutely HATED the styling for Helen and Gorka's dance. What was the need for the leather jacket, ragged dress and My Little Pony Goes Punk hairdo? It wasn't her at all and didn't even suit the music - Valerie has retro motifs in the music so they could have worn 60s style, which would have suited Blackpool better.
I spent most of the dance going
This is good!
What are they wearing??!?!

Reactions: 6
Another Motsi hair lover here. A Saturday night highlight is seeing what fabulous style she has this week. Similarly in reverse another is ‘what on Earth is tess wearing this week?’

Reactions: 11
I don't see the problem with Fleur talking about her family because she wasn't talking in a negative way. Like she wasn't saying something like times were hard for her family or anything.

On another note, I didn't like Hamza's American Smooth. I haven't liked any of his dances yet.
I adore Hamza and Jowita but the American Smooth was probably one of my least favourite dances they did. I think they create better atmosphere together when it's just them.

Reactions: 9
I thought last night was the first time Helen has looked really happy to be out on the dancefloor. Thought she did really well, and I wonder if she could make a real challenge to Hamza (prob not, looking at the bookies' odds!). I see that one of the self-appointed dance experts on DS has heavily critiqued her technique, so what do I know??!

But what TF was up with the weird 'no homo' kiss between Gorka and Cameron (Cameron wiping his mouth immediately and then a bro-y handshake. Just commit to the snog, men!)

Reactions: 7
On Dave Thorp watch, once again he had no mole, the result came from another source on the thread although he proceeds to post the confirmed result as if sourced himself.

All hail Juliet who often gets the result first but does not get the plaudits, a blue tick, or requires some kind of adulation. Not being ungrateful for his input but it is the taking credit when there seems to be several sources for a confirmed result these days. So much for the BBC trying to eek out the mole!! :rolleyes: 😁
He’s a pointless charlatan. He’s stolen the spoiler from other people right from first moment he arrogantly elbowed his way into the ‘spoiler scene’.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Another Motsi hair lover here. A Saturday night highlight is seeing what fabulous style she has this week. Similarly in reverse another is ‘what on Earth is tess wearing this week?’
The snot green asymmetric dress was not it. Tess is a gorgeous statuesque woman in her fifties - can they dress her less weirdly please?!

Reactions: 3
The one thing I will say about Motsi is she embraces her hair and her culture with pride that it deserves and is wonderful to see.
But she also does some crazy, ridiculous hairstyles. I dont like to critically comment on looks (that makes me uncomfortable - clothes i can manage!). But she is open to discussion as is Helen's awful hairstyle last night, and why was "ok" to mock Brucie's toupee for covering his baldness.
Would I laugh at her hair? NO. But if she wears her hair in a stupid style because she can doesn't mean I can't think it looks ridiculous because it's her hair. It's not mocking her black hair, it's not about not getting the importance of her hair, or not getting her repression, it's about someone not liking an OTT style eg Shirley and her stupid Pom pom hair, Claudias ridiculous long fringe. On here I would like to believe that those criticising her hairatyles would also think like that too

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I thought last night was the first time Helen has looked really happy to be out on the dancefloor. Thought she did really well, and I wonder if she could make a real challenge to Hamza (prob not, looking at the bookies' odds!).

But what TF was up with the weird 'no homo' kiss between Gorka and Cameron (Cameron wiping his mouth immediately and then a bro-y handshake. Just commit to the snog, men!)
Yeah, that was really weird - did not understand it at all. Think it was meant to be cheeky and fun but it looked sooo awkward and was kind of queerbaiting for the sake of it

Holy tit. She's 53??? * buys ponds face cream *
I think she's some sort of vampire sucking all the youth out of "little face"s.

Reactions: 9
Yeah, that was really weird - did not understand it at all. Think it was meant to be cheeky and fun but it looked sooo awkward and was kind of queerbaiting for the sake of it
Yeah, just go for it, or not, not have Cameron wiping his mouth in disgust. You know Vito would have committed to that snog, Method-style!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It’s the way her skin just glows :D
Those Mabosi girls swim in the deep end of the gene pool

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.