Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #26 Blackpool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want Kym to win. I never thought I would say that but she is doing really well, no sob stories and just getting on with it... ATTA GIRL! 🥳

• Wow
Reactions: 14
The comments about hair make me so uncomfortable
Yep, me too. Motsi generally does her hair in celebratory African styles and always looks incredible. I am glad somebody on mainstream TV is doing it as we see too many women of colour wearing wigs that imitate white hair to fit in.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I love Motsi's hair. Thats the thing when you wear weaves you can have all sorts of fabulous hairstyles.

Reactions: 10
I want Kym to win. I never thought I would say that but she is doing really well, no sob stories and just getting on with it... ATTA GIRL! 🥳
Well... she did kind of have a sob story. But I feel AWFUL even bringing that up, given the circumstances.

Although I will say, I did like how she handled it on the show.

Reactions: 3
I was thinking about last night and I absolutely HATED the styling for Helen and Gorka's dance. What was the need for the leather jacket, ragged dress and My Little Pony Goes Punk hairdo? It wasn't her at all and didn't even suit the music - Valerie has retro motifs in the music so they could have worn 60s style, which would have suited Blackpool better.

Reactions: 24
I was thinking about last night and I absolutely HATED the styling for Helen and Gorka's dance. What was the need for the leather jacket, ragged dress and My Little Pony Goes Punk hairdo? It wasn't her at all and didn't even suit the music - Valerie has retro motifs in the music they could have worn 60s style.
Totally agree, I was shocked it was that song as I assumed it would be something punk. They could have worn different outfits and still set it in a pub. Really odd.

Reactions: 12
For everyone saying oh don’t bother with Blackpool - I believe the reason they go is because they need the studio for children in need!

Totally agree, I was shocked it was that song as I assumed it would be something punk. They could have worn different outfits and still set it in a pub. Really odd.
I would have styled it with a Blackpool ballroom front and had them as two dancers who've just competed - they rip their numbers off, Gorka loosens his tie and they do their dance like they're celebrating a win.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am disappointed that Tyler has gone as I did like him. I feel that Dianne definitely didn’t get the best out of him. I like dianne but she clearly isn’t a good teacher and her routines can be bland. Same for Molly I think getting Carlos has let her down if she had a different pro I think she would have done better. Carlos is robotic and has weak choreography so don’t think the public warm to him and Molly is an unknown so she was doomed from the start

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Yep, me too. Motsi generally does her hair in celebratory African styles and always looks incredible. I am glad somebody on mainstream TV is doing it as we see too many women of colour wearing wigs that imitate white hair to fit in.
Yes it's amazing to see. I was only saying to my friend when watching it last night I love how proud she is of her culture and flaunts it in a different way every week. I fully understand that people don't mean offensive but the fact that they don't think for a second that her hair is a traditional black african womans style is actually racist. And I know people will be like "oh calm down it was only a remark/joke/i didn't mean to offend" but all racism should be called out, even accidental racism. Although I'm not sure the carrying fish in comment was accidental.

She looks amazing every week and black women's hair is so important to their culture so I love seeing what she does with it every week.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just watched Fleurs dance again and yep its crap. Just hand waving and she stiff dancing.

Reactions: 6
I would love to know what Karen really thinks about Jayde. I suspect she’s a consummate professional but I wonder if she gets The Dread thinking about the final
I'm feeling the dread - will Jayde come as her icon Victoria Wood (who died in 2016) and she never missed any of her shows and taught her to how to fly before she could run?
Or will she come in a leotard as middle finger to the fatphobes who didn't vote for her and to empower overweight to dance because they've never danced before Jayde came along.

Reactions: 6
For everyone saying oh don’t bother with Blackpool - I believe the reason they go is because they need the studio for children in need!

That was always the case when the BBC operated out of the Television Centre when they needed the studio for CiN. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread CiN was broadcast from Salford on Friday, so it seems that the Blackpool thing is now the norm rather than having to move out for logistical purposes.

Just watched last night's show and enjoyed the 'sprung dance floor' and the extra dancers, who btw had a real job of change of costume between each dance and working their socks off for every couple. Well done to Arduino, Cameron, Robbie, Michelle, Lauren, to name a few of them, who I recognised.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I can only recall Hamza mentioning his weight once, and that was only to say he'd lost some since training. He hasn't made being 'bigger' a big deal.

I'm not tiny by any means (just putting that out there before anyone says anything, lol) and it would have been nice if a bigger female celeb could have done well, but I think it shouldn't be THE ONLY thing the celeb focuses on, if that makes sense?

Edited to add: That's all Jayde seemed to be pushing and it was boring
Lisa Whatsername from Emmerdale was brilliant for a large lady and didn't make a song and dance about it either.

Reactions: 7
I'm feeling the dread - will Jayde come as her icon Victoria Wood (who died in 2016) and she never missed any of her shows and taught her to how to fly before she could run?
Or will she come in a leotard as middle finger to the fatphobes who didn't vote for her and to empower overweight to dance because they've never danced before Jayde came along.
She’ll come in AJ’s Showdance dress

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I did think it was telling that last week Karen and Jayde did a Strictly themed Weakest Link and Karen was hanging out with Rhys and the others - not even one pic of her and Jayde. Actually there were no pictures or reels of Jayde hanging out with anybody from Strictly.

• Wow
I was bit underwhelmed last night. OK I’m not clued up about dancing so obviously the judges are watching in a different way, but I thought I saw the lovely Hamza stumble a bit, which wasn’t mentioned.
The outfits and music in Helen’s dance distracted me a bit, but I feel like Helen flings her arms around a bit when she’s not in a hold.
I must have found Kym and Ellie’s routines quite forgettable - I remember thinking that the additional dancers were doing more of the work when Kym was on.
Tyler was ok - looked a bit ungainly at times.
I feel like Fleur needs to just dance now. She’s told us about her Dad. We get it, and absolutely emphasise (I also find it a bit triggering but she can’t help that!).
I thought her dance was stompy and I didn’t think it was worthy of 10s across the board.
Equally I didn’t get why Will got absolutely no criticism but then got all 8’s?!
Weird one for me last night.

Reactions: 4
I'm actually surprised Tyler got as far as he did. He was definitely one of lesser well known celebs this year and we know from the past radio DJ's don't do very well. I know he judges helped him along by over marking him at times but I'm still surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Reactions: 9
I am disappointed that Tyler has gone as I did like him. I feel that Dianne definitely didn’t get the best out of him. I like dianne but she clearly isn’t a good teacher and her routines can be bland. Same for Molly I think getting Carlos has let her down if she had a different pro I think she would have done better. Carlos is robotic and has weak choreography so don’t think the public warm to him and Molly is an unknown so she was doomed from the start
Yes I agree with this. I don't mind Tyler, but Dianne is irritating and not a good teacher. She would nit be able to vote with someone like Tony, whereas Katya, for example, can really bring out the best in even the most ropey dancer. It seems that the Strictly PTB know that, so they give Katya the ones they think needs work and the easier ones to Dianne, which isn't fair really

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.